Computers & Electronics

My print only prints in blue when I try to print a black word document. But printing a picture works fine. Why?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2021 10:09 am
[OP]
Jul 20, 2019
219 posts
119 upvotes

My print only prints in blue when I try to print a black word document. But printing a picture works fine. Why?

My printer is printing pictures perfectly.
But when I try to print a word document or a PDF, it always prints in light blue and very blur too.

Since it's printing pictures perfectly, i think its not an ink problem. Anyone got a clue? Couldnt find any answer in google.

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15996 posts
2596 upvotes
Print a test page from the printer itself, not the PC software.
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5269 posts
5429 upvotes
Vancouver
Probably your black ink nozzle is blocked, and you can still print in colour because the 3 colours are working. The 3 colours combined can make black, and you don't notice the more subtle use of dark black shading is missing.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1198 posts
555 upvotes
Go into the printer settings (Advanced?) before hitting the print button. Your doc is likely default set to print in grey scale or in color only so the printer is doing that. Check the box that says print black only.
Or your black cartridge is empty so the printer is using colors to try and print black. Check the black cartridge and if not empty, run a cleaning cycle to clean the nozzles of the cartridge and print head.