Automotive

My review of Paradigm Performance Auto (Markham)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2019 8:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5977 posts
1468 upvotes
???
CuriousJack wrote: Just some advice...since you paid cash... im guessing he did not gave you an invoice showing the work/labour/cost description and the 1 year warranty he mentioned. If he did good..end of story. I hope you've ask something in black and white about the warranty...1 year is a bit long for mechanics...they tend to forget whats been done in few weeks back...Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Our warranty actually is 2 years for oem parts. But for this case it was aftermarket so it's 1 year. Which is also pretty good as minimum warranty is 90 days.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: our famous RFDer @vaportech aka Leslie has all grown up and matured in helping out people in needs. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Couple of pretty good gems from google reviews, lol

Yik yak
in the last weekCan't believe I let these guys touch my car. No clue on how to work on BMW. Witnessed them diagnose problems by google searching. There is a reason BigFoig has been banned from all BMW forums and read some of Vaportech's posts on redflagdeals to see what kind of operation this is. The guy confesses to street racing, road rage, asking for fights, etc.They also damaged my front bumper in two places in that narrow alley. Solomon is a decent guy however but not the greatest BMW tech.

Phil Laurin
4 reviews
a month agoThe owner stole my camera lenses and refused to give them back to me. If you don't believe me ask on bmwtn (car group on Facebook) and asked about this shop. Run people run away.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4936 upvotes
Toronto
I bet the mechanic rather spent 10 min go and back and drop you off at the mall than you stand next to him and watch him do every single steps on your car, lol
Regardless, it is a good service. They could have kick you out to wait at the waiting room and do not allow any quests to walk in the working area like other dealership (for insurance purpose, lol)

While I was living in MTL, my mechanic lend me a beater to go for lunch or shop....non of shops in GTA offer those, I guess they concern about liability?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
Igarage can do the same (drop off at Markville mall)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5977 posts
1468 upvotes
???
koffey wrote: Couple of pretty good gems from google reviews, lol

Yik yak
in the last weekCan't believe I let these guys touch my car. No clue on how to work on BMW. Witnessed them diagnose problems by google searching. There is a reason BigFoig has been banned from all BMW forums and read some of Vaportech's posts on redflagdeals to see what kind of operation this is. The guy confesses to street racing, road rage, asking for fights, etc.They also damaged my front bumper in two places in that narrow alley. Solomon is a decent guy however but not the greatest BMW tech.

Phil Laurin
4 reviews
a month agoThe owner stole my camera lenses and refused to give them back to me. If you don't believe me ask on bmwtn (car group on Facebook) and asked about this shop. Run people run away.
Ah that Phil Lauren guy. He apparently lent a camera to a previous employee who left it at my shop and never came to pick it up. 8 months later I get a message on Facebook from that guy saying that was his. I told him I'll give him the camera if he can get the ex employee to send me an email or call me authorizing him to pick it up. He sent me a forwarded email from the guy, when I specifically told him that only the original person who left it there can contact me regarding the cam. Anyways, found out where the ex employee works now, took all his stuff he left behind and dropped it off for him. Didn't even want to come get it himself, sent his manager. Never bothered to call me and all our calls went unanswered. Not risking giving some random person belongings without proof of ownership.

Yik Yak guy is fake hater review. Review came up the day after this thread was launched. So the person is an RFDer.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5977 posts
1468 upvotes
???
MP3_SKY wrote: I bet the mechanic rather spent 10 min go and back and drop you off at the mall than you stand next to him and watch him do every single steps on your car, lol
Regardless, it is a good service. They could have kick you out to wait at the waiting room and do not allow any quests to walk in the working area like other dealership (for insurance purpose, lol)

While I was living in MTL, my mechanic lend me a beater to go for lunch or shop....non of shops in GTA offer those, I guess they concern about liability?
We actually don't mind people watching and asking questions. Just don't get in the way. It's what the customer prefers. Have an AC'd sound proofed waiting room with premium cable and wifi if they prefer to wait. Can go to the mall or dropped off and picked up at home depending on distance. Customer preference really.

We do have a shop loaner (11' X5) which we give out on special circumstances. Other wise Enterprise special rental price for our customers is 35.99/day.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
If you really want to promote the business I would omit the cash paying part next time...
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
2206 posts
242 upvotes
sorry for bumping an old thread but looks like paradigm closed up shop and there is another place there now (CK Auto).

Is there another recommended shop in this area for servicing a BMW? I've heard Speedstar being mentioned, but they're a bit expensive.

Would prefer to find one in this area as it's much more convenient when dropping off / picking up the car.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Might as well ask here but how much do the typical garage charge to have a bbk installed. I was quoted from anywhere between $300-$500. Holy shit that’s expensive. More than a quarter the cost of the part.

Saw a video on how to do it but I don’t want to find out stopping at 100kmh my brakes don’t work because I forgot to put brake fluid or it leaked all out.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2732 posts
3018 upvotes
Ottawa
Supercooled wrote: Might as well ask here but how much do the typical garage charge to have a bbk installed. I was quoted from anywhere between $300-$500. Holy shit that’s expensive. More than a quarter the cost of the part.

Saw a video on how to do it but I don’t want to find out stopping at 100kmh my brakes don’t work because I forgot to put brake fluid or it leaked all out.
1hr shop labour per corner. Sounds about right.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2276 posts
809 upvotes
Etobicoke
Lol $800 for brakes?
I know this is old but man was this guy taken to the cleaners.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
$800 for a 4-wheel brake job AND 2 calipers is fair.

But yeah, shouldn't be posting about tax evasion...