Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 2, 2012
391 posts
2359 upvotes
North Bay

My solar lamp post won't work????

Hi everyone, I have a solar lamp post that is 5 feet tall with 3 solar lights (lamps) on it.

2 of the lights won't work. I have changed the batteries 2 times. The first time it lit up for about 1 week then it was dead. I bought new rechargeable batteries (for solar lights) again and these ones are 900mah and the lights only turned on for 4 nights now dead again......> :(

Anyone have any suggestions?? The wires appear to be ok, the lamp is only 1 yr old and I am getting frustrated why it won't work. The 3rd light has worked great from day 1 and I have never even had to change the batteries on it....

It looks like it will come on for about 1 min and quickly fades away and shuts off...... :(
Any ideas???
Thanks.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1781 posts
560 upvotes
Toronto
Do you have a multimeter and can check voltage on the wires? Lights only have three components: the power source, the light bulbs, and the connections. You've already troubleshooted the power source (batteries). Be sure to also check the soldering that connects the wires to the battery or bulb, and also ensure the wires or soldering do not make metal contact with each other or some other metal surface.
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / Paymi / Ampli / Wealthsimple Mastercard
[OP]
Mar 2, 2012
391 posts
2359 upvotes
North Bay
Thanks, I just checked looks to be ok. I just put in new batteries again!! It appears it won't shut off!!! Out side it is on, so maybe that is the problem....it is on all day and by evening it is dead!!! How do I get it to be off in daytime? Is it a sensor problem??
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1781 posts
560 upvotes
Toronto
It must have a photosensor, but I would think it would control all three lights if they're all on the same post.

It's possible the photosensor is blocked by dirt or the connection to it is faulty. The photosensor is typically a very small spherical bump, about the size of a ladybug, that is either metallic or white plastic.
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / Paymi / Ampli / Wealthsimple Mastercard
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16796 posts
2463 upvotes
Solar stuff is crap - best to get it hard wired.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)