HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Sep 19, 2008
597 posts
212 upvotes
Calgary
dazz wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 7:44 pm
whey56 is probably the best discount code I've ever seen. LAVA HOT!!!!
Ordered already a few days ago at $65/11lb :( Never seen Isolate so cheap!! Now, I did order salted caramel, which is not available with this discount code though.
I already have 2 bags of other flavors lol, so 5 bags in total. Nowhere to store!
Holy shit. That is crazy hot!! This is it boys, we reached the absolute lowest price ever for Isolate!!!
Oct 24, 2017
81 posts
47 upvotes
Looks like you have to order 2x11lb in order to get the $15 shipping cancelled - in for 1 chocolate and 1 vanilla
Dec 24, 2017
30 posts
65 upvotes
Word to the wise, the report for the testing company that does lab analysis on myprotein's products show that the whey isolate contains basically no BCAA content, which greatly decreases the value of this deal imo.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
2891 posts
341 upvotes
IMPOSSIBRU...
Are BCAAs in Whey Protein?
Absolutely, BCAAs are in whey protein. Some companies even add additional.

I looked at over a dozen different brands. In that sample, the average percentage of BCAAs in whey protein was 20% or about 5.5 grams.

That is plenty of BCAAs for building muscle and reducing soreness post workout. Since you’re getting plenty of BCAAs in whey protein, whey is a much better bang for your buck. Compared to simply buying BCAAs by themselves.

What is the Difference Between BCAA vs Whey Protein?
BCAAs are three specific essential amino acids (leucine, isoleucine, and valine). Most BCAA end up in muscle tissue.

Whey protein is a complex protein derived from cow’s milk. It has a full spectrum of amino acids including BCAAs and all other essential amino acids. It is also absorbed very easily.

So the real difference between BCAA and whey protein is whey contains ALL the amino acids that our body and muscles use. While BCAAs are only a small group of the specific amino acids that help with muscle growth.

Adding more (such as supplementing both) is like adding more dressing to your salad. A lot ends up at the bottom of the bowl.

So, Which is Better? Whey protein or BCAA?
Education and experience tell me whey protein is a better supplement than BCAA. For the following reasons:

Whey protein powder already contains enough BCAAs.
Whey protein has a high bioavailability (easily absorbed).
Taken individually, amino acids have an element of competitive absorption. This is eliminated with whey protein.
Whey protein is a very convenient source of whole protein.
Enough said.
BROCKHAMPTON wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 3:09 am
Word to the wise, the report for the testing company that does lab analysis on myprotein's products show that the whey isolate contains basically no BCAA content, which greatly decreases the value of this deal imo.
RFD iTrader:76|||0
Dec 24, 2017
30 posts
65 upvotes
Whey protein has BCAA's, Whey Isolate however doesn't necessarily. Whey Isolate is a filtering of the most bioavailable parts of whey, which may take out any amount of pre-existing BCAA's in the whey that in comes from. Under lab testing Myprotein's whey isolate contains under <0.01% amino acid presence. You can see it in this labdoor purity lab test result here: https://static.labdoor.com/documents/ce ... 041665.pdf
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
2891 posts
341 upvotes
For whatever reason youre so concerned about this subject and bcaa...
I get in my protein from majoritly this isolate I make the gains.
Not sweating the small stuff and especially not at this price.
Bcaa or not.... idc enough to go find out as the processing removed and refined the protein.
I still eat real foods anyways *shrugs*

200g protein a day oof
RFD iTrader:76|||0
Dec 24, 2017
30 posts
65 upvotes
BCAA's are important if you have a dense lifting schedule. You're whey isolate most likely has a healthy dose of them (most do).
Sep 23, 2008
717 posts
288 upvotes
GNKRFD wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 10:19 am
I got the Whey Isolate 11lbs for $56 before shipping. Used the code: whey56

Hope this helps someone
JohnnyQ89 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 11:17 am
Wow, never seen isolate that cheap on their site, 2x 11lb bags for $112.
FreakyStories wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 3:58 pm
Yes this is a good price.
$5.09/lb (no taxes included, it seems) for whey protein isolate (88%) is an amazingly hot deal. Wow! Thanks GNKRFD!
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Sep 19, 2008
597 posts
212 upvotes
Calgary
BROCKHAMPTON wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 3:56 am
Whey protein has BCAA's, Whey Isolate however doesn't necessarily. Whey Isolate is a filtering of the most bioavailable parts of whey, which may take out any amount of pre-existing BCAA's in the whey that in comes from. Under lab testing Myprotein's whey isolate contains under <0.01% amino acid presence. You can see it in this labdoor purity lab test result here: https://static.labdoor.com/documents/ce ... 041665.pdf
incorrect. BCAA is broken down amino chains of a whole protein. when you have a whole protein you have unbroken BCAA, it's not something they filtered out on purpose.

Take a look at their test report for Impact whey (protein concentrate). it too shows 0 BCAAs

https://static.labdoor.com/documents/ce ... 243497.pdf
Nov 6, 2009
102 posts
45 upvotes
If you are bulking you really don't need any additional amino acids or glutamine...if you still want it, just get some unflavored BCAA's and add it to the whey isolate, you'll still save a fortune going with the 'whey56' deal even if you buy aminos on the side.
Dec 24, 2017
30 posts
65 upvotes
That's interesting because if you ask the customer service chat about it for the impact whey they will tell you the specific BCAA content per serving, but for the Isolate they will tell you that they don't have any data on it.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3142 posts
1742 upvotes
Toronto and London
Has anyone ordered 4x11 pounds yet? I am worried that it might be rejected at the border and/or I might incur duties?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4700 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
Wet Banana wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 2:29 pm
$5.09/lb (no taxes included, it seems) for whey protein isolate (88%) is an amazingly hot deal. Wow! Thanks GNKRFD!
Do you have a link to this particular isolate? I'm struggling to locate it.
Sep 19, 2008
597 posts
212 upvotes
Calgary
glover78 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 6:06 pm
Do you have a link to this particular isolate? I'm struggling to locate it.
Myprotein Impact Isolate. Use code whey56