Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Myprotein

Myprotein 11lb concentrate for $56.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2020 11:08 am
Oct 16, 2010
432 posts
1054 upvotes
anatman wrote: Concentrate? Pass.

With all dairy prices low (because production is outstripping demand while people are making fewer trips to the supermarket during Covid-19) and with gyms closed (depressing whey isolate demand), there should really be much better deals.
Agree. I want to see Isolate in the 60s.
Aug 1, 2015
11 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Almost checked out, glad I saw this. Thanks!
Feb 26, 2018
75 posts
47 upvotes
anatman wrote: The reasons to prefer isolate:
  • significantly less stomach discomfort and gas (particularly for the lactose intolerant)
  • relatively free of fat, and the steroid-hormones (like estrogen) that dairy cows are fed are lipid soluble so are found in the fat fraction
  • "concentrate" has no regulated definition ("isolate" has to be at least 90% protein and "concentrate" is anything less than that)--so you have no similar guarantee what you're getting (concentrates are typically 34-80% protein content).
  • isolate provides slightly cleaner macros if you're on a strict diet
Most of this is covered in the guide I'm writing up (linked in sig).

Honestly, I think the gas issue (and estrogen) are my biggest concerns. If your stomach handles concentrate fine then go for it. But I find you can usually nab isolate for similar prices if you can wait.

The Revolution-Nutrition bulk whey isolate that I'm using now was recently on sale for $135 (with free shipping) for 25 lbs (that's $59 per 11 lbs with free shipping).
How's the taste?
Jul 15, 2009
525 posts
1213 upvotes
Toronto
Brokebutnotlonely wrote: How's the taste?
Quite good (can only speak for chocolate, though I think someone here had a bad review about the vanilla flavour). The chocolate is on par with the better flavours of MyProtein, and much better (sweeter/fuller flavour) than Kaizen imo.

The only caveats with the Revolution-Nutrition bulk whey products are the relatively poor mixing (which isn't a problem at all if you've got a proper shaker bottle) and the fact that it comes in a huge loose tied bag (so you really need to find a 5-gal bucket (CandianTire/PrincessAuto) or something similar to store each 25lbs).

I haven't got around to mentioning this in my Whey Protein guide (linked in sig), but one of the reasons that the bulk whey isolate from Revolution-Nutrition mixes poorly is that it isn't agglomerated. Agglomeration is the process by which the protein powder is sprayed with a fine mist to get the protein to stick together in slightly larger unevenly shaped clumps. This gives the protein powder a fluffier texture (rather than hard packed fine sand texture). The purpose is to make channels for water to penetrate the powder and vastly speed up the process of solubilization. The downside of agglomeration (as you might guess from adding moisture to the protein powder) is that it greatly reduces the stable shelf-life of protein powder (source).
Mar 28, 2019
135 posts
200 upvotes
anatman wrote: The reasons to prefer isolate:
  • significantly less stomach discomfort and gas (particularly for the lactose intolerant)
  • relatively free of fat, and the steroid-hormones (like estrogen) that dairy cows are fed are lipid soluble so are found in the fat fraction
  • "concentrate" has no regulated definition ("isolate" has to be at least 90% protein and "concentrate" is anything less than that)--so you have no similar guarantee what you're getting (concentrates are typically 34-80% protein content).
  • isolate provides slightly cleaner macros if you're on a strict diet
Most of this is covered in the guide I'm writing up (linked in sig).

Honestly, I think the gas issue (and estrogen) are my biggest concerns. If your stomach handles concentrate fine then go for it. But I find you can usually nab isolate for similar prices if you can wait.

The Revolution-Nutrition bulk whey isolate that I'm using now was recently on sale for $135 (with free shipping) for 25 lbs (that's $59 per 11 lbs with free shipping).

I'm sorry for this, but do you have any evidence of this? Lactose intolerance effects a small % of the population, and were talking about a neglible amount of sugar and carbs per shake here.
Jul 15, 2009
525 posts
1213 upvotes
Toronto
MrJfrsn wrote: I'm sorry for this, but do you have any evidence of this? Lactose intolerance effects a small % of the population, and were talking about a neglible amount of sugar and carbs per shake here.
[source]

Intestinal discomfort and flatulence are incredibly well known side effects of protein powder that almost everyone in this thread could probably vouch for. If you haven't experienced the ravages of protein farts (for example, by living with a bunch of dudes on a bulk), then just consider yourself very lucky. lol.

EDIT: I should probably add that the differences between concentrate and isolate aren't negligible. As you can see from this table from my Whey Protein Supplements--Buyer's Guide post:

Isolate has 0.5% lactose, while concentrate has 10-55% lactose--i.e. 20-110x more lactose!!! The nutritional labeling is misleading because the fractional amount of total carbohydrates in an isolate serving is rounded to 1g (even though there is nowhere near 1g of lactose in it). I honestly have no idea why they do this, but it might be to avoid extra regulations they would have to comply with if they rounded down to 0g and were effectively lableling their product "sugar free".
Last edited by anatman on May 21st, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 23, 2019
298 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
Whey protein gives me a heartburn. Can anyone recommend what type of protein should I buy to avoid heartburn issue?
Jun 18, 2015
268 posts
278 upvotes
reesefitzmaurice wrote: isolate is $111 with the discount for the 11lbs
Back in January we got Iso in the $76-80 range which was the lowest it's been from MP since late 2018 when there was a $56 clear out on some flavours. Even now it semi-regularly gets into the $95-100 range so even if you're desperate I'm not sure I'd buy it right now.
Feb 19, 2006
211 posts
207 upvotes
Decent price. Not sure why Myprotein switched to these confusing and random US units though.
The 11 lb bag is what they used to call a 5kg bag.
The 22lb bag is what they called a 10kg bag
The 1.1lb creatine is a nice even 500g in metric, and no one weighs out their creatine in fractions of a pound, everyone thinks of supplements in terms of grams.
It just makes no sense why they've done this.
Nov 3, 2013
877 posts
1645 upvotes
Regina, SK
beagleyguy wrote: Decent price. Not sure why Myprotein switched to these confusing and random US units though.
The 11 lb bag is what they used to call a 5kg bag.
The 22lb bag is what they called a 10kg bag
The 1.1lb creatine is a nice even 500g in metric, and no one weighs out their creatine in fractions of a pound, everyone thinks of supplements in terms of grams.
It just makes no sense why they've done this.
Protein is almost always listed in pounds if you order it from any other site. I'm not sure how it's confusing unless you are unable to do basic math.
Mar 19, 2017
70 posts
81 upvotes
This seems like a good deal, thanks OP. My only concern is that there's 19g of protein, compared to the typical 25g of other whey isolate products. The lower protein content isn't a deterrent for any of you?
Oct 23, 2016
150 posts
82 upvotes
This is most likely because the serving size (i.e. scoop size) is smaller than the other proteins that you are looking at.

Compare the serving size (in grams) vs another protein and you will find that this is right in line with the overall protein percentage.
Last edited by rheisler2 on May 21st, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 7, 2008
40 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
List also includes Chocolate brownie Batter, Chocolate Mint, Cinnamon Roll, Peanut Popcorn, Strawberry Amaretto, And unflavored for that price to add to OP list!!!
Jan 7, 2008
40 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
anatman wrote: Concentrate? Pass.

With all dairy prices low (because production is outstripping demand while people are making fewer trips to the supermarket during Covid-19) and with gyms closed (depressing whey isolate demand), there should really be much better deals.
It isn't Isolate...actually just a few % short of that definition but it's actually A LOT cheaper per pound of protein you're getting into a bag.
For the 11 lbs bags (best value):
Their Isolate not on sale is around $19.21 a pound
their non sale Concentration is around $17.46 a pound

At this sale price you're getting it at $6.82 a pound of protein per 11lbs which isn't bad at all
Jan 7, 2008
40 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
To Add to the OP deal they also have the following flavours for $61.79+$5 shipping for $66.79 ALL IN!!

Chocolate Caramel Pretzel, French toast, Glazed Donut, Key Lime pie, Natural Strawberry, S'Mores. Snickerdoodle,
Feb 19, 2006
211 posts
207 upvotes
dethrock wrote: Protein is almost always listed in pounds if you order it from any other site. I'm not sure how it's confusing unless you are unable to do basic math.
Myprotein used to sell in g/kg, but switched a little while back. No need to be catty, I can do the math, but it's illogical to sell in lbs when all nutrition is measured in metric. i.e. if you're loading with 20g creatine/day, you know a 500 gram supply would equate to 500/20 = 25 days. Simple.
In lbs, that's 1.1 lbs*(454g/1lb)/20g. Not a huge deal, just weird that they're going out of their way to make their sizing less intuitive.
Aug 14, 2007
138 posts
16 upvotes
I paid $78 for 11lbs of Isolate in Oct 2018 at 40% off and I'm running out. Today with 40% off it's $111. That's a 40% price hike.

Edit: Also 100% I agree that isolate is way easier on my stomach. I'm not lactose intolerant but normal whey gives me way more gas and runs than isolate. I've gone back and forth multiple times because I'm cheap and don't want to buy isolate but there's a clear difference and that's the only reason I pay for it really, to know I can take my protein without risking having the runs at work or social settings, you can't put a price on that.
May 20, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
roxtc wrote: I paid $78 for 11lbs of Isolate in Oct 2018 at 40% off and I'm running out. Today with 40% off it's $111. That's a 40% price hike.

Edit: Also 100% I agree that isolate is way easier on my stomach. I'm not lactose intolerant but normal whey gives me way more gas and runs than isolate. I've gone back and forth multiple times because I'm cheap and don't want to buy isolate but there's a clear difference and that's the only reason I pay for it really, to know I can take my protein without risking having the runs at work or social settings, you can't put a price on that.
I also got Isolate for cheap during a Black Friday sale. I like their protein but as many have said their constant "sales" are a turnoff. They'll be having their 16th Birthday sale soon, I don't know how good it'll be though.

Also weighing in the concentrate vs isolate. I'm pretty sure it's know that isolate has less lactose. I lactose intolerant and it does help considering I do sometimes eat cheese so I don't want to add more lactose . It also helps with my macros when I'm dieting. So Isolate for me is my choice considering whenever it's a good deal, I just buy in bulk and last me a year and a bit. And I just wait until another sale happens when I am more than half way done.

I'd say for people who aren't lactose intolerant/get gassy from protein powder and are trying to gain weight concentrate is probably better for them because extra calories don't matter specially if they're on a budget. Just get concentrate from a reputable source and compare the protein to $ so you don't get ripped off.
Jan 16, 2017
575 posts
339 upvotes
roxtc wrote: I paid $78 for 11lbs of Isolate in Oct 2018 at 40% off and I'm running out. Today with 40% off it's $111. That's a 40% price hike.

u gonna pull the trigger? what are other alternatives?