Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Myprotein

[MyProtein] Up to 60% Off + Extra 35% Off + 4% Rakuten — 11 lbs whey isolate = $75.50 Free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2021 11:15 am
[OP]
Oct 16, 2010
414 posts
1020 upvotes

[Myprotein] [MyProtein] Up to 60% Off + Extra 35% Off + 4% Rakuten — 11 lbs whey isolate = $75.50 Free shipping

Deal Link:
Savings:
60%
Retailer:
Myprotein
More offers from Myprotein
Great deal on isolate, $75 all-in for 11 lbs of whey isolate.

Use Code 35EXTRA for an additional 35% off store wide.

4% Cashback through Rakuten

Flavoured isolate is 21g/20g of protein per 25g serving and unflavored is 22g of protein per 25g.

Flavoured whey protein is 18g of protein per 25g serving and unflavoured is 19g of protein. Price is $54.90 per 11 lbs (5kg) all in.
Last edited by Proxism on May 21st, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
31 replies
Feb 1, 2017
487 posts
826 upvotes
I take back any positives I've said about myprotein, I'm super mad I purchased from here. The two flavors I grabbed, cookies and cream, and strawberry cream both have only 80% protein content, despite the website lying and saying it'll be only 2-3% loss. It also has 2g of sugar per serving, which is 8%! I tried the strawberry one and had trouble finishing my smoothie from how strong and bad the taste was, and the sugar taste. And I like sugar.

I almost want to find someone to buy the unopened bag I have cuz I don't want to even try it.

Both flavors were not 21g as the OP says, both were 20g per 25. With 2g sugar.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
2435 posts
12583 upvotes
Is there any protein that doesnt use artificial sweeteners?
[OP]
Oct 16, 2010
414 posts
1020 upvotes
ryokoseigo wrote: Both flavors were not 21g as the OP says, both were 20g per 25. With 2g sugar.
Hmm, perhaps every flavour is different then. It would be nice if MyProtein posted the nutritional info for everything, but only the unflavoured is listed.

I still don't have any problem with MP. It's very simple to buy & they have great deals once in awhile. They don't charge taxes. Some dislike it, a lot of us like it. Haters always come in with competitors that: 1) are more expensive 2) taste like chalk 3) only marginally better in protein or are overall untested & actually worse. Some of your listed "90%" protein competitors actually come back at 75% or lower from the lab. The industry is unregulated. There was a test done awhile back on dozens of brands in a google spreadsheet and MP at least ranked near the top in reliable nutritional info.
Spiritualx wrote: Is there any protein that doesnt use artificial sweeteners?
The unflavoured one doesn't.
Mar 9, 2009
350 posts
647 upvotes
Winnipeg
I always get the unflavoured for smoothies each morning. I've been happy.
Feb 1, 2017
487 posts
826 upvotes
Every flavor can be slightly different but that is a huge discrepancy between what they said and what I factually received. The unflavored is 88% by their own numbers, and the chocolate ones lose 8% due to needing cocoa according to their numbers, while the flavors lose 2-4%. But both non chocolate flavors I ordered had the full 8% loss, which makes me wonder if the chocolate numbers are even correct. I also highly doubt the added flavorings dont take up at least 1gram, which makes me think the 20g of protein is a lie.

It seems clear to me that they completely forgot about the added sugar from their calculations, which makes me wonder if they are completely wrong about their numbers in general.
If the unflavored is 88% without sugar, then you have to account for 2 grams of sugar meaning its always going to be 20/25g for protein in the best case scenario, which if any of the chocolate ones do have 2g of sugar in them, would put them at 72/76% assuming 2 and 1 gram of cocoa.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1604 posts
3645 upvotes
Thanks OP

Got 2 11 bags, $57 each bag of unflavored protein whey....so cheap

On the note of them lying, I don't doubt it - unfortunately/fortunately I've tried all the different brands (canadian, kaizen, walmart) and this works the best (digestion, mixing, shipment time, cost), so whatever they are lying about I'm loving it nonetheless
Aug 3, 2014
236 posts
298 upvotes
UWOD2020 wrote: Thanks OP

On the note of them lying, I don't doubt it - unfortunately/fortunately I've tried all the different brands (canadian, kaizen, walmart) and this works the best (digestion, mixing, no farts), so whatever they are lying about I'm loving it nonetheless
howd you get it for $57?
Oct 26, 2019
112 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
Noticed they have vanilla and chocolate stevia versions, has anyone tried? Wondering if there is any difference from the sucralose ones
Feb 1, 2017
487 posts
826 upvotes

On the note of them lying, I don't doubt it - unfortunately/fortunately I've tried all the different brands (canadian, kaizen, walmart) and this works the best (digestion, mixing, shipment time, cost), so whatever they are lying about I'm loving it nonetheless

LOL I just checked the non isolate, and my god its 19/25. glad i paid a huge premium for 1 more gram of protein per dose!
[OP]
Oct 16, 2010
414 posts
1020 upvotes
ryokoseigo wrote: LOL I just checked the non isolate, and my god its 19/25. glad i paid a huge premium for 1 more gram of protein per dose!
But that's unflavoured whey. The flavoured whey is 18g and I've checked 6 flavours. I drink Salted Caramel (best selling flavour) which is 21g isolate. It's a great deal for 21g or 22g unflavoured. I agree that 20g isolate may not be worth it, unless you like the flavour and it encourages you to actually consume it. For choc/vanilla Kaizen would be a better option if you could snag it on sale at Costco. In the spreadsheet awhile back Kaizen was also in the top 10% of brands.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2415 posts
2730 upvotes

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

its expired now but whey is 5th. A+ quality
Mar 30, 2007
479 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
Spiritualx wrote: Is there any protein that doesnt use artificial sweeteners?
Kaha new zealand whey. It popped up on my FB feed. I haven't tried it but I see they use monk fruit as sweetener.

Kaha nutrition..
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
1060 posts
1041 upvotes
Norilsk
UWOD2020 wrote:

On the note of them lying, I don't doubt it - unfortunately/fortunately I've tried all the different brands this works the best (digestion), so whatever
That part may have changed too.

The makeup company, yes that's right, the cosmetics company that own MP.
The Hut Group.
Has made severe changes imo
Rip MP.
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2625 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
How good is this deal if I still have about 7 lbs of protein?
Apr 4, 2017
282 posts
228 upvotes
Usuyami wrote: How good is this deal if I still have about 7 lbs of protein?
Depends how fast you go through protein but this is the best price I've seen in a while, maybe $5-10 cheaper than the last few threads.
Feb 24, 2011
66 posts
9 upvotes
Good deal. Been using myprotein for years but quality definitely went down since beginning.

I buy my whey/iso at revolution nutrition now but still on the lookout for a decent place to buy casein . Canadian protein is not bad but overpriced without any sale or free shipping (no minimum).

Will probably order some from myprotein again. Thanks op!
Feb 1, 2011
74 posts
298 upvotes
Montreal
ryokoseigo wrote: I take back any positives I've said about myprotein, I'm super mad I purchased from here. The two flavors I grabbed, cookies and cream, and strawberry cream both have only 80% protein content, despite the website lying and saying it'll be only 2-3% loss. It also has 2g of sugar per serving, which is 8%! I tried the strawberry one and had trouble finishing my smoothie from how strong and bad the taste was, and the sugar taste. And I like sugar.

I almost want to find someone to buy the unopened bag I have cuz I don't want to even try it.

Both flavors were not 21g as the OP says, both were 20g per 25. With 2g sugar.
Yup. Just like I posted in the last MP thread. Happy to see others are realizing now I wasn't just making things up
jamesboshwade wrote: I will never buy this protein again after my last order
Go under Nutritional Information and scroll to the bottom part underneath the numbers and read their disclaimer

Please note this nutritional information is taken from the 8.8lbs unflavored version. When choosing a flavored version it will reduce the protein content by approximately 3% for most flavors, however chocolate, due to the added cocoa, will reduce it by approximately 8%.

When I received my bag, the protein numbers were reduced by 3g per scoop, and what's more is that it actually had sugar(!) listed on the label, either 1g or 2g per serving if I remember correctly.

I can't trust a company that's not completely transparent with what I'm getting, especially when it comes to something I'm putting into my body
May 29, 2017
492 posts
381 upvotes
I don't know much about these products, but is this a good meal replacement substitute" or stricktly for those going hard at the gym