Shopping Discussion

Myprotien DHL shipping. Brokage fee?

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 11:46 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 5, 2015
406 posts
328 upvotes
GVA

Myprotien DHL shipping. Brokage fee?

Just wondering if any gym Bros here have had their myprotein order delivered by DHL and if there was any stupid brokage fees.

I just placed an order this morning and opted for express shipping since it was free, and what do you know that strange feeling I had was right on point. I remember a while ago they advertised duties paid, but no anymore.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8819 posts
1744 upvotes
Sadly it looks like you're right!

Will I be charged customs and import charges?

It's possible yes.

Any order placed for delivery outside of the USA could result in custom charges or import duties. The recipient of the parcel will need to pay any applicable charges prior to receiving their goods.

As we don't have control over these charges we are unable to advise what the cost may be.

Source: https://ca.myprotein.com/help-centre.list

And chances of DHL adding brokerage fees on top are very good.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 5, 2015
406 posts
328 upvotes
GVA
Thanks for looking that up for me.

I read somewhere that there are no duties on supplments coming into Canada "not sure about taxes", so does DHL charge for just doing the paperwork to clear customs
or am I paying extra if there is only a charge. It's my first time having anything delievered by DHL and I would rather refuse the package then feed these crooks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8819 posts
1744 upvotes
LikeSpeed wrote: Thanks for looking that up for me.

I read somewhere that there are no duties on supplments coming into Canada "not sure about taxes", so does DHL charge for just doing the paperwork to clear customs
or am I paying extra if there is only a charge. It's my first time having anything delievered by DHL and I would rather refuse the package then feed these crooks
I wrote to customer service and they had sent me this response,

"Your new message from our Customer Care Team:

Hello Frank,

Thank you for getting in touch about this.


Our shipping cost typically covers any duties/customs but if there are any additional costs they need to be covered by the customer otherwise the order will be returned to our warehouse. We are so sorry for the inconvenience.


If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Madison

Myprotein Quality Team"

I remember in the past when I had placed orders with them they were shipped via FedEx and there were no additional duties/brokerage fees or taxes payable. Reading from the above response it may still be the same (fingers crossed). Please let us know what happens when your package finally arrives.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 5, 2015
406 posts
328 upvotes
GVA
Frankie3s wrote: I wrote to customer service and they had sent me this response,

"Your new message from our Customer Care Team:

Hello Frank,

Thank you for getting in touch about this.


Our shipping cost typically covers any duties/customs but if there are any additional costs they need to be covered by the customer otherwise the order will be returned to our warehouse. We are so sorry for the inconvenience.


If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Madison

Myprotein Quality Team"

I remember in the past when I had placed orders with them they were shipped via FedEx and there were no additional duties/brokerage fees or taxes payable. Reading from the above response it may still be the same (fingers crossed). Please let us know what happens when your package finally arrives.
Thanks for going through all that trouble man.
Just receieved the package now. No extra charges at the door so I guess I'm safe.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8819 posts
1744 upvotes
LikeSpeed wrote: Thanks for going through all that trouble man.
Just receieved the package now. No extra charges at the door so I guess I'm safe.
Thank you for letting us know and am I'm super happy to hear that it had worked out for you. Their prices are great when used with their promotion codes and I would hate to lose them as a source.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!

Top