Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Mysa Smart Thermostat for baseboards BC only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2022 7:58 pm
Nov 9, 2016
12 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver

Mysa Smart Thermostat for baseboards BC only

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 12, 2021
Similar to previous years, Mysa has their smart thermostats for electric baseboard and in-floor heating on sale combined with a BC Hydro rebate.

$10 off per thermostat with code BCREBATES10
10% off with code MYSA10 (thanks CornPops!)
$40 off per thermostat after sale via rebate on BC Hydro website (bill credit or Interac)

Mysa also has volume discounts, so the V1 of their thermostat can be had as low as $79.95. I'll personally be going with V2 though, feels worth the extra for a smaller device.

Available at Best Buy & Home Depot as well but without the additional % discount at this time.
Last edited by jaq790 on Oct 15th, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
See how the Mysa compares to others in RFD Reviews' top picks for the best smart thermostats!
38 replies
Jan 7, 2015
656 posts
535 upvotes
GVR
Code "MYSA10" is better than "BCREBATES10"! The former gives you 10% off your entire order, whereas the latter is $10 off per device.
Feb 27, 2019
84 posts
218 upvotes
We have about seven baseboards in our home each with their own thermostat. Would I need to buy a smart unit for each baseboard or can this be rigged up somehow to control the entire house's baseboards?
Dec 16, 2018
103 posts
251 upvotes
Victoria
ElliotT454850 wrote: We have about seven baseboards in our home each with their own thermostat. Would I need to buy a smart unit for each baseboard or can this be rigged up somehow to control the entire house's baseboards?
TLDR; One of these will not control all your baseboard heaters. You can have different combination of baseboard heaters (Don't need to change all 7)

I don't think using 1 of these to control all your baseboards makes any sense?
The thermostat will still be detecting the temperature of the vicinity and it adjusts the baseboard heaters in order to achieve a set temperature.

Each of these smart thermostats can be controlled via Mobile app as I think the controllers connect onto your home Wifi.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1941 posts
3056 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ElliotT454850 wrote: We have about seven baseboards in our home each with their own thermostat. Would I need to buy a smart unit for each baseboard or can this be rigged up somehow to control the entire house's baseboards?
Baseboard heater thermostats are like switches that control the line power (240v) to the heater. Even if it was somehow possible to control them all from one system, you would still some sort of modules placed in all 7 of the baseboard wiring to act as the switch.

Might want to check out Sinope. They have a similar deal/rebate right now and they are slightly cheaper ($57 after rebate). They also sell lower costs Zigbee thermostats for $40 after rebate but you need a compatible Zigbee hub

sinope-smart-baseboard-electric-thermos ... y-2495786/
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6075 upvotes
Vancouver
You would need 7. One for each.

I bought the Mysa v1 a couple of years ago for my electric baseboards. I wasn't impressed. It looks like they've addressed some of my complaints in v2. The v1 was too big; the v2 is smaller. The v1's touch panel was not pleasant to use; there was lag and no feedback. You would press ^ to raise the temperature and then 2 seconds later, the number would increase. It looks like they have "audible feedback" now... which still sounds pretty meh. Physical controls are more pleasant.

Other complaints:
- It only shows the current temperature and not the set temperature. Would be better to show both.
- The app was super basic; not sure if it's improved in the last couple of years...
Nov 16, 2015
110 posts
57 upvotes
Port Moody, BC
I am thinking between Mysa and Sinope...
Feb 27, 2019
84 posts
218 upvotes
Thanks for the feedback! I think we are just going to try to keep them turned off as much as possible, so probably not worth investing in a smart thermostat
Jul 28, 2019
11 posts
59 upvotes
MYSA10 worked at first , but at later checkout stage showed as unavailable (BC shipping address?)
Sep 14, 2018
394 posts
638 upvotes
If you're looking for a cheaper options I'd go with this. I bought 5 for my townhouse. Felt like mysa was going overboard since i don't really need the smart function. These cheaper units are still programmable and saved me a lot more money then the older turn dial thermostat.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08J88ZCQ6/ref ... BMKNMV4B7D
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1034 posts
285 upvotes
Vancouver
ZOOMER020 wrote: Anyone doing a group buy for BC? Burnaby area.
I maybe interested in 2 of the newer version if someone is doing a group buy in B.C.
Nov 10, 2018
56 posts
62 upvotes
I can start a group buy if anyone is interested. PM me if interested. I am in Burnaby, B.C
Mar 31, 2010
489 posts
364 upvotes
You will need to buy one for each baseboard. Each thermostat controls only one baseboard.

Check your wires before buying any. There is a compatible checker. In one of our room we only have two wires so we couldn’t use it
Nov 5, 2007
342 posts
103 upvotes
This is awesome, I’ve been looking into this and want to get 3-5; I don’t plan to replace all in the house just the main areas (and would be too expensive if I tried to do that). It’s also the recommend pick from wirecutter

I went to the website and got a pop up to tell me to sign up for newsletter “to get notified on Black Friday deals”, does anyone know what kind of sale they had in the past?
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
Got one last year. It’s been good for me.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1517 posts
701 upvotes
Victoria
stormsong wrote: This is awesome, I’ve been looking into this and want to get 3-5; I don’t plan to replace all in the house just the main areas (and would be too expensive if I tried to do that). It’s also the recommend pick from wirecutter

I went to the website and got a pop up to tell me to sign up for newsletter “to get notified on Black Friday deals”, does anyone know what kind of sale they had in the past?
I did the same (bought 5 for main rooms since they are about all we use even though there are 11 baseboards total in the house). It looks like when I purchased 2019 Black Friday it was $20 discount per unit for $100 savings over 5 units, in addition to the $20 per unit discount for buying 5, and then $40 each rebate at the time as well (after tax).

Jan 22, 2013
306 posts
170 upvotes
Vancouver
MikeyCanuck wrote: I did the same (bought 5 for main rooms since they are about all we use even though there are 11 baseboards total in the house). It looks like when I purchased 2019 Black Friday it was $20 discount per unit for $100 savings over 5 units, in addition to the $20 per unit discount for buying 5, and then $40 each rebate at the time as well (after tax).

Thanks for sharing. Seems like it will be better to wait for Black Friday deals, but also in order to get the prices that you got, probably need to purchase at least five units
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1517 posts
701 upvotes
Victoria
Janerator wrote: Thanks for sharing. Seems like it will be better to wait for Black Friday deals, but also in order to get the prices that you got, probably need to purchase at least five units
True on the 5 units for $20 off per unit. At 3 units it's $10 off per. If waiting to Black Friday, you may want to try to determine if the rebate will be around that long. $40 off for the rebate is definitely the largest savings.