26 posts
37 upvotes

(Warm?) Mysa Smart Thermostat - code for $40 off baseboard & more

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 19, 2020
Retailer:
Mysa
Just received a VIP Black Friday Deal email from Mysa. Using code MYSAVIP gives $40 off each baseboard unit (email states no limit), $50 for in-floor heating unit (no limit specified in the email), and $30 for each air conditioner unit (limited to first 2000 units). Valid through their site, code expires Nov 19th.

Even better if you can stack with rebates.
29 replies
Mar 30, 2016
197 posts
146 upvotes
Does it stack with the BC energy rebate? That would be 80$ off!
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4124 posts
1421 upvotes
not valid for the AC remote.

I'm happy because I just did a pre-order 2 days ago.. phew.
Mar 11, 2019
76 posts
84 upvotes
Last year the black friday deal stacked with the multiple unit discount. Doesn't seem to stack this time unfortunately!
Mar 11, 2019
76 posts
84 upvotes
def47 wrote: It does seem to stack.
3 baseboard thermostats ended up being 99$ each.
$139 normal - $40 coupon = $99
Jan 18, 2017
37 posts
24 upvotes
This discount is supposed to stack with the Fortis BC rebate if you're an electricity customer in the right cities (very few) or have a proxy there like I do, however it's an instant rebate that's supposed to apply based on postal code and it sure isn't working - I've emailed them.

The BC Hydro rebate expired at the end of October.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4124 posts
1421 upvotes
WilliamS17867 wrote: $139 normal - $40 coupon = $99
read too fast, I thought it was a 30$ coupon.

np though, still a good price :)
May 11, 2019
28 posts
29 upvotes
Hey could you elaborate on how you set up your proxy? I've almost got it figured out but am stumped when it comes to the shipping. THanks!
Dec 22, 2019
35 posts
103 upvotes
I ordered 10 Mysa Wi-Fi thermostats for baseboard heaters in October. The BC Hydro rebate ($40/unit) stacked with the 'Mysa20' discount ($20/unit) and the quanity discount. My wife and I ordered 5 each. All-in, with taxes in BC, it worked out to $70.88/unit. I missed the opportunity to do this last year and pulled the trigger this year. I had my electrician install five of them so far (the rest to be installed as renovations are completed) and I am happy with them. They are pleasing to the eye and the app works well. I like to be able to view the temperature and humidity of each room / zone when I'm away as well. Would recommend!
Dec 17, 2005
265 posts
35 upvotes
Victoria, bc
Yes!! Tried to buy on Oct. 31, bchydro rebate expired on 30th. Would like to have stacked discounts, but a good price on one of the few baseboard thermostats not requiring a hub, just a wireless router. Hey google, turn the heat up to 23. Thanks OP.
Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1748 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver
One thing I would like to see on the thermostat is the current time.
Not sure how accurate it is though. All 3 rooms display roughly the same temp. However, inside feels colder.
Feb 6, 2018
25 posts
23 upvotes
Victoria
way2quik wrote: One thing I would like to see on the thermostat is the current time.
Not sure how accurate it is though. All 3 rooms display roughly the same temp. However, inside feels colder.
I got the 3 pack of Sinope Thermostats from Costco a few weeks back and those do show the time, outside temp (or set temp), and the current temp on the screen which my wife and I both like.
Dec 4, 2008
39 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
Nlcdn18 wrote: I got the 3 pack of Sinope Thermostats from Costco a few weeks back and those do show the time, outside temp (or set temp), and the current temp on the screen which my wife and I both like.

Yep, I grabbed 9 of the Sinope when they were in sale at Costco a couple of weeks ago. Mysa has these $40 discounts all the time. At the time, I could've stacked the BC Hydro rebate with Mysa $40 discount, and the Sinope still ended up being about $30 cheaper per until than Mysa. Plus, we like the display and functionality of the Sinope better than the Mysa.
Apr 1, 2003
308 posts
86 upvotes
Victoria
Ya, I went out to Costco to get the Sinope 3 pack, but they were sold out in Victoria already. I didn't realize the BC Hydro rebate expired. I was hoping for a Black Friday bundle deal. I hope they renew the discount.
Jan 18, 2017
37 posts
24 upvotes
JoshT66117 wrote: Hey could you elaborate on how you set up your proxy? I've almost got it figured out but am stumped when it comes to the shipping. THanks!
I meant a person - most of my family lives in one of the Fortis BC Electricity cities and people travel back and forth a lot so it's trivial for me to ship to them / buy in their name. Sorry for the confusion. :)
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2508 posts
788 upvotes
supposedly there are some black friday deals coming from Sinope, although I would like to pick up 1 or 2 of the older ones with the gateway and I can't find them anymore... boo

Can anyone tell me if the Zigbee Sinope thermostats are causing issues with their WiFi signal, in particular with the 2.4Ghz band? I've read this can happen, although Zigbee will be more affected, still like to stay with the Zwave stuff so may look at the Stelpro (too expensive though I find)
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3039 posts
1881 upvotes
Montreal
I see these all the time but I remember watching a video on this a long time ago. I recall it saying its different than other smart thermostats but I'm trying to find what.

So is this just a smart thermostat like others or does it really have anything different? I'm probably gonna wait for Canadian distribution to kick off and set myself up with a full Wyze setup with their $50 thermostat. Would I be missing out on anything vs Mysa?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2508 posts
788 upvotes
It's too bad the Wyze thermostat doesn't work with baseboard heaters, each household could purchase between 2 - 10....
Mar 30, 2016
197 posts
146 upvotes
daviiiiiid wrote: I see these all the time but I remember watching a video on this a long time ago. I recall it saying its different than other smart thermostats but I'm trying to find what.

So is this just a smart thermostat like others or does it really have anything different? I'm probably gonna wait for Canadian distribution to kick off and set myself up with a full Wyze setup with their $50 thermostat. Would I be missing out on anything vs Mysa?
Well the major difference with Mysa and Sinope vs the others is that they are for high voltage baseboard heating, not central heating low voltage. The other more mainstream smart thermostats like ecobee, nest, etc. are for central heaters only. The wyze is like those and will not work for baseboard heating.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3039 posts
1881 upvotes
Montreal
feversugar wrote: Well the major difference with Mysa and Sinope vs the others is that they are for high voltage baseboard heating, not central heating low voltage. The other more mainstream smart thermostats like ecobee, nest, etc. are for central heaters only. The wyze is like those and will not work for baseboard heating.
Oh thanks. I do have baseboard heaters so i Guess I'll need to look into this instead. All baseboard heaters are high voltage? My condo was built in 2014 and I have stelpro baseboards.