Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1514 posts
690 upvotes

MYVIRTUALPREPAIDCARD.COM is down

Highly YMMV thread, but I thought I'd 1. Alert 2. Remind ppl

This applies to people who availed of the Dell promo with a free $100 card and who haven't used it like myself

I tried using the link given for the prepaid card for that prepaid card given with the Dell promos back in Aug/Sept and it was 404'd. I have screen capped the CC info back in Oct when it was sent to my email

I tried using it on 1 online retailer (value was more than $100) and it rejected the card. MAYBE the site doesn't process unless it's a real card so I'll give the Prepaid CC another shot with values less than $100 later on

If it still doesnt work then we'd have RFDers flooding Dell's CS very soon. The prepaid card also expires 01 30 2020 which I think also violates that prepaid CC/GC law (correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway, just an FYI.
2 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: The prepaid card also expires 01 30 2020 which I think also violates that prepaid CC/GC law (correct me if I'm wrong)
Not that this isn't bullplop, but I'm somewhat certain that these laws only apply to cards you purchase.
Generally speaking anything that's a "promotional" item that you didn't directly pay for has different laws regarding expiry.

That said, any time I get one of these, the first thing I do is to immediately buy an Amazon gift card because
1) I can use the full value
2) It won't expire
3) I'm probably buying something soon on Amazon
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1514 posts
690 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Not that this isn't bullplop, but I'm somewhat certain that these laws only apply to cards you purchase.
Generally speaking anything that's a "promotional" item that you didn't directly pay for has different laws regarding expiry.

That said, any time I get one of these, the first thing I do is to immediately buy an Amazon gift card because
1) I can use the full value
2) It won't expire
3) I'm probably buying something soon on Amazon
thanks, never thought about that. I will do that from now on.