Site Comments & Suggestions

n95 masks and select other COVID-19 related items are prohibited from being posted in Hot Deals and the BST forum

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2020 3:43 pm
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Sep 15, 2014
2461 posts
1242 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

n95 masks and select other COVID-19 related items are prohibited from being posted in Hot Deals and the BST forum

Ridiculous.
Last edited by TheImp on May 14th, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
This space for rent.
11 replies
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Sep 15, 2014
2461 posts
1242 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
vkizzle wrote: Why?
Why not, if they're available at a good or reasonable price?
And what, exactly, are "select other COVID-19 related items"? Lysol? Hand sanitizer?

I would have missed out on getting hand sanitizer from Walmart had it not been for a hot deals thread.
This space for rent.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Sep 15, 2014
2461 posts
1242 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Last edited by TheImp on May 14th, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
This is a lie. I never edited the title.
This space for rent.
Sep 30, 2001
28362 posts
7355 upvotes
Toronto
TheImp wrote: This is a lie. I never edited the title.
the title was edited from "...buy sell trade f" to "BST forum" since it hit the character limit
FS: Xbox One X (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Sep 15, 2014
2461 posts
1242 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
MrDisco wrote: the title was edited from "...buy sell trade f" to "BST forum" since it hit the character limit
But not by me.
This space for rent.
Banned
Apr 25, 2020
722 posts
556 upvotes
M1C
MrDisco wrote: the title was edited from "...buy sell trade f" to "BST forum" since it hit the character limit
is Ethyl alcohol a COVID-19 related item?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14336 posts
26785 upvotes
Scarborough
Soichiro wrote: is Ethyl alcohol a COVID-19 related item?
It's not one of the blocked items if that's what you're asking.

At the current time we're only blocking masks and the reason is because every mask thread created before the block was massively derailed and ended up being locked or deleted (and this is still happening in every new thread that gets shared before we remove it). The "deals" are also questionable as many of the sellers are trying to capitalize and profit off of the pandemic. Anyone wanting to find a mask can use the stickied thread in the Request a Deal forum.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3211 posts
1913 upvotes
TheImp wrote: But not by me.
These edits are done by mods but it doesn't show which mod did it. So although you didnt change it, you are on the hook for them changing it.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14336 posts
26785 upvotes
Scarborough
cristianosham wrote: These edits are done by mods but it doesn't show which mod did it. So although you didnt change it, you are on the hook for them changing it.
Actually, any edits on a post should show the moderator who made the edit. I can clearly see in the logs that MrDisco made the edit so I'm unsure of why in this case it's showing the OP's username. I'm guessing it's a one off bug because all the other edits I've made today show up properly.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3211 posts
1913 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Actually, any edits on a post should show the moderator who made the edit. I can clearly see in the logs that MrDisco made the edit so I'm unsure of why in this case it's showing the OP's username. I'm guessing it's a one off bug because all the other edits I've made today show up properly.
Yes it should but on some of my thread titles were changed and it showed I changed it. Which was false in the thread below.

renodepot-open-cargo-trailers-50-off-qc-2337690/
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14336 posts
26785 upvotes
Scarborough
cristianosham wrote: Yes it should but on some of my thread titles were changed and it showed I changed it. Which was false in the thread below.

renodepot-open-cargo-trailers-50-off-qc-2337690/
I think I have an idea of what might be happening. Since this is going off topic I'll just leave it at that and hopefully we can get the bug fixed soon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)