Expired Hot Deals

Nab Leather

Locked: Full Grain leather belts (Made in Canada) 30% off less another 20%

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2022 2:15 am
Jun 29, 2010
794 posts
1457 upvotes
benjarvus wrote: Nah haha it's up there, just get a cheap $20 belt off Amazon it's practically the same thing!
Oh, I see it. I mistakenly thought they were referring to the same seller but on Amazon and eBay.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9561 posts
7203 upvotes
Kootenays
40 mm is too wide for most belt loops, isn't it?

Edit: 30 mm and 35 mm belts are further along on the site.
Last edited by smacd on Jan 12th, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1279 posts
1015 upvotes
Montr
RealDealDonkey wrote: That's tempting. They have holiday gift sets that are further discounted.

("Pinnacle" 3 pack gets another 15% discount stack. $139 ea reg --> $67 ea cart)

I only hesitate because I haven't worn a belt in 2 years. But that has to change, right? Right?!?!

Thanks OP!
How come I don't see the set you talked about ? Nothing 139 reg
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3597 posts
4698 upvotes
Oakville
hassy wrote: I was looking to buy a couple replacement belts for family and found this Canadian local family run biz. never heard of them before but it came with lifetime warranty! review appeared to be positive.

30% off and "THANKYOU20" code is stackable for additional 20% off. I ordered the "long haul".

free wallet on orders $200+ (my didn't showing up in the order but the customer service was quick to send me a wallet via separate order. positive experience so far!)
I bought belts from here, the leather was very poor quality and fraying. Customer service was non responsive and didn't give me a refund. The leather on one of the belts started to split at the buckle too.

Overall would not recommend this company. Terrible service and quality.

There's a lot of Shiller insider members here supporting them because no one in their right mind would buy these belts.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1279 posts
1015 upvotes
Montr
robster77 wrote: Gang, I bought four of their belts for Christmas, another two belts for my wife, two wallets and some coasters. Very happy with all of the products. Once you see their products you will quickly realize how cheap buying a belt at Old Navy or a wallet from The Bay or wherever really is. This is the real deal...fine grain leather which is the best you can get. They are a Canadian company, with the belts made right here in the Toronto area. I truly believe in their lifetime guarantee and for this reason, I'll likely never buy from them again. I have that much confidence in these belts. :)

The best advice I can give you...check these guys out and buy something. You'll be glad you did.
I remember the dark days when I still bought wallets/belts at BR and the Bay. Look like junk after 6 months of use.
Aug 11, 2004
176 posts
126 upvotes
Oakville
Pretty happy with the belts I buy at Costco - haven't worn any out, just needed to upsize over the pandemic :)
Oct 30, 2021
41 posts
271 upvotes
Desperadude wrote: How come I don't see the set you talked about ? Nothing 139 reg
The set isn't $139. Each individual "Pinnacle" belt says that was the original price before 30% off (site wide).

However the gift set is 3 of these belts (each colour). Individually would be $417, but it's listed for $359 regular bc bulk I guess. ~ $20 less per belt. (Then 30% still applies to the reduced amount.)

Only useful if that's what you were after for yourself or same sized gift.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1729 posts
2313 upvotes
VANCOUVER
zdpz wrote: I bought belts from here, the leather was very poor quality and fraying. Customer service was non responsive and didn't give me a refund. The leather on one of the belts started to split at the buckle too.

Overall would not recommend this company. Terrible service and quality.

There's a lot of Shiller insider members here supporting them because no one in their right mind would buy these belts.
Hmmm... I needed a new belt and was going to give these guys a shot but now I don't know what to believe
Jun 29, 2010
794 posts
1457 upvotes
Desperadude wrote: I remember the dark days when I still bought wallets/belts at BR and the Bay. Look like junk after 6 months of use.
I got a few full grain leather belts from BR before. Italian leather, Made In USA, 4 mm thick, for under $10 each. The lighter ones have a patina, but no issues at all after years of use.
Feb 4, 2015
575 posts
1949 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I'll give another vote to the ratchet/automatic belts. I would recommending just getting them from AliExpress where they are ~$5 vs ~$20 on Amazon.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32989801568.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002540956317.html
(and there are dozens and dozens of other listings, some with better leather, different designs, etc)

The material is not top quality, but since the design doesn't require you bend the belt, there is very little wear and tear and you can also control the size better than the traditional notch style. These have lasted me longer than my other belts (and I have some nice ones).

If you a guy who cares about brands or likes to fondle your belt, this is not for you, but for practical, good value, these cannot be beat.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1279 posts
1015 upvotes
Montr
goozy1 wrote: Hmmm... I needed a new belt and was going to give these guys a shot but now I don't know what to believe
Humm ... now it's blue pill vs red pill
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1279 posts
1015 upvotes
Montr
SonyCanWoes wrote: I got a few full grain leather belts from BR before. Italian leather, Made In USA, 4 mm thick, for under $10 each. The lighter ones have a patina, but no issues at all after years of use.
Now we have so many disagreements in experiences in this thread
Jun 29, 2010
794 posts
1457 upvotes
Desperadude wrote: Now we have so many disagreements in experiences in this thread
Not necessarily for this one. Were the BR belts you were talking about thin Made In China bonded/genuine leather?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1279 posts
1015 upvotes
Montr
SonyCanWoes wrote: Not necessarily for this one. Were the BR belts you were talking about thin Made In China bonded/genuine leather?
Don't remember. I think they were like 40$ down from reg 80$, but of course those numbers mean nothing in the BR world
Banned
Jan 11, 2022
14 posts
171 upvotes
Wow thank you for posting this. I woke up to messages from a few friends saying we were on Redflagdeals and wanted to chime in. Thank you all for the love and support.

In terms of leather quality, we only use full grain leather. All our leather sheets are from Italy, USA, India, Spain, or Brazil. If you ever see Genuine Leather, I would be wary. Genuine leather is a marketing term and a lot of genuine leather has split leather or polyurethane mixed in (though sometimes genuine leather is still full grain leather). Full grain and top grain leather is the way to go and will last a lifetime and longer if taken proper care of.

All our belts are made in our Mississauga workshop and we also have a warehouse/showroom in Concord. If you'd like to drop by the showroom, you can book an appointment with us (we're not taking any walk-ins until this Omicron stuff is over).

Any further questions, don't hesitate to email or call!
Banned
Jan 11, 2022
14 posts
171 upvotes
Hey zdpz,

I do apologize for your negative experience with us. We make thousands of belts a year and occasionally a poor one will slip through the cracks. The poor customer service in this instance I have no excuse for though and I am working on getting a better customer service team going forward. Our belts are all backed by a no questions asked lifetime guarantee. If there's a problem in leather or hardware, we replace it or refund you. I am happy to do either for you :). Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Banned
Jan 11, 2022
14 posts
171 upvotes
Hi Goozy1,

I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but if it helps make the choice easier, all our belts are backed by a no questions asked lifetime guarantee. Any problems in leather or hardware, we replace the belt or refund it. Theres also 30 days exchange and return, if for whatever reason you don't end up liking the style or have a sizing issue.
Jun 28, 2020
252 posts
207 upvotes
I've got a Kangol made in Canada leather belt that I bought off of Kijiji for$4, excellent condition
All the way from +62

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)