956 upvotes
Thornhill
considering it... damn you RFD

i need like at least 1 more person backing this haha
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1686 posts
1746 upvotes
For full-grain, made in Canada belts, these prices are very fair. Not the style for me, though, as I prefer formal belts with little to no visible stitching.
Feb 12, 2006
900 posts
1236 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: considering it... damn you RFD

i need like at least 1 more person backing this haha
hahaha I don't know why but I feel exactly the same. Close to pulling trigger m'self. I had a full grain leather belt for about 15 years (somehow it was a $20 affair back then), then in the last 3-5 years I've gone through so many cheap belts. Need someone with BIFL recommendations.
Nov 13, 2018
842 posts
1879 upvotes
Nicks888 wrote: Another option for belts are ratchet belts.
These are fully adjustable for any waist size.
I like them for when I am wearing Cargo pants with a bunch of heavy stuff in my pockets - easy to tighten and keep my pants up.
You can find them on Amazon or for less money on ebay.
I like the nylon ones but they also come in leather

Here are a couple of options
Nylon

Leather

Order one a bit longer than you need - easy to expand and also easy to cut to a shorter length
Lol, found the cheap dad. Nice cargo pants, boomer.

Leave the quality leather belt thread for quality leather belts. Ain't nobody in here looking for Amazon quality nylon belts for their cargo pants.
Jul 3, 2017
152 posts
143 upvotes
Would order the PInnacle but not loving the buckle it comes with. Any way to customize that after ordering?
[OP]
Jul 14, 2008
281 posts
694 upvotes
zdpz wrote: I bought belts from here, the leather was very poor quality and fraying. Customer service was non responsive and didn't give me a refund. The leather on one of the belts started to split at the buckle too.

Overall would not recommend this company. Terrible service and quality.

There's a lot of Shiller insider members here supporting them because no one in their right mind would buy these belts.
holy, what have these belt done to you to lose hope in humanity?! shiller insider members? lol I am just happy to find another made in Canada product which seemed like good quality (will review once I get my). With physical address, company coming on board to address your issue, and my personal positive experienced from customer service, I am sticking with my purchase decision

Have a drink bud-ease up a bit.
Mar 6, 2006
445 posts
102 upvotes
Kelowna
Masernaut wrote: For full-grain, made in Canada belts, these prices are very fair. Not the style for me, though, as I prefer formal belts with little to no visible stitching.
The Harvey Dent has no stitching. But is reversible. I take it on trips, I know some guys are opposed to these reversible belts, but this one is very nice...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9581 posts
7219 upvotes
Kootenays
Bought a brown Milestone. Thanks OP and NABLeather for responding to concerns.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8820 posts
3625 upvotes
Toronto
Any other 25% off or other coupons that can stack?
Feb 20, 2016
10 posts
5 upvotes
i think im going to try the pinnacle belts. Waiting for the 25% code now
Jul 14, 2010
90 posts
119 upvotes
Montreal
NABLeather wrote: Wow thank you for posting this. I woke up to messages from a few friends saying we were on Redflagdeals and wanted to chime in. Thank you all for the love and support.

In terms of leather quality, we only use full grain leather. All our leather sheets are from Italy, USA, India, Spain, or Brazil. If you ever see Genuine Leather, I would be wary. Genuine leather is a marketing term and a lot of genuine leather has split leather or polyurethane mixed in (though sometimes genuine leather is still full grain leather). Full grain and top grain leather is the way to go and will last a lifetime and longer if taken proper care of.

All our belts are made in our Mississauga workshop and we also have a warehouse/showroom in Concord. If you'd like to drop by the showroom, you can book an appointment with us (we're not taking any walk-ins until this Omicron stuff is over).

Any further questions, don't hesitate to email or call!
Hi NAB team

I promise you that having an RFD presence will go a long way with building some cred here, it's cool to see this kind of engagement! This place is all about deals but there's no better deal than shipping a product that lasts for a very long time.

Just ordered my first belt.

Cheers
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9581 posts
7219 upvotes
Kootenays
Variability wrote: Any other 25% off or other coupons that can stack?
25% off of mine would have put it below the $50 free shipping threshold, so I was better using 20% off.
Mar 30, 2007
219 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
Just placed an order for 2 belts (holiday gift set). I forgot to select the right size and called them and got it changed super quickly - 1m 30 seconds total call time. Their presence and comments here helped reassure me that they're legit!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3637 posts
1090 upvotes
GTA
tareks wrote: Just placed an order for 2 belts (holiday gift set). I forgot to select the right size and called them and got it changed super quickly - 1m 30 seconds total call time. Their presence and comments here helped reassure me that they're legit!
Nice. I personally actually forgot to put in the additional 25% discount code when checking out. Payment went through. Emailed customer service and they were able to apply it retroactively in the form of a refund. Happy with that!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8820 posts
3625 upvotes
Toronto
smacd wrote: 25% off of mine would have put it below the $50 free shipping threshold, so I was better using 20% off.
I want the 3 pack so waiting for the 25% now.
Feb 11, 2004
161 posts
45 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks for sharing! Very tempting but not quite my style. Hope people support a Canadian company though. Leather goods from Canada and the US are usually so much higher quality!
Dec 27, 2021
138 posts
248 upvotes
"Made in Canada" - Does that mean the leather is sourced from within Canada (the animal was humanely treated)?
Jun 4, 2018
4 posts
7 upvotes
FYI some of the belts are much cheaper on Etsy.. I just bought the Harvey Dent one for $47 CAD pre tax. That's way cheaper than on their actual website

Edit: they've since raised the price back to normal
Last edited by ChunkyBarf on Jan 13th, 2022 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)