Cell Phones

Naked or Case for you phone

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2020 6:30 pm

Poll: Case or No Case

• Total votes: 55. You have voted on this poll.
Yes I have a Case

93%
No Case

7%
[OP]
Dec 25, 2005
473 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto

Naked or Case for you phone

Do you have a case for your phone - which one?

Do you use a screen protector?
16 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4476 posts
3310 upvotes
I had a UAG but my screen still cracked even though supposedly it's a really good case. I went back to the wallet case and put on a screen protector to prevent more cracking but it didn't work.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18653 posts
2376 upvotes
Woodbridge
Spigen Ultra Hybrid with Kickstand.

Both Note 10+ & iPhone 11 Pro Max.

The tempered glass is from LK on Amazon.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
14884 posts
4328 upvotes
Montréal
Protective case but don't see pt of screen protector.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
May 21, 2008
801 posts
101 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes, I use slim case and screen protector. Easy to sell phone later Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
182 posts
188 upvotes
Screen protector and a "grippy" case , the new phones are to sleeky to hold them without a case Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
new motto: Diversity is a great thing; but unity, unity, unity is Canada’s strength
by Rex Murphy
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20094 posts
5523 upvotes
Good Morning
Using a PIxel 2 XL, I really like the fabric cases that is sold alongside it. I would never pay $70 for it, but found a used good condition one. It's not very protective but I just LOVE the feeling and colour of it. It's really really nice.
Feb 14, 2015
135 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Got an otterbox slimcase and ishieldz tempered glass from best buy.
i dropped off my previous phones many times and had to replace the tempered many times as it would crack.
now with ishieldz, i was told by a best buy employee that i can get it replaced for free if it breaks on the first year. After that, it'll be the manufacturer's.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6128 posts
2466 upvotes
West GTEH!
Always have a case & Screen protector for my phone.

I've used Otterbox, UAG. Currently using Spigen case. Whatever case I can get at the lowest price with the best protection.
My opinion, spend a little $$ (insurance) to protect a phone that costs A LOT of $$$.
😎
Jun 4, 2013
800 posts
267 upvotes
Vancouver
Spigen for my pixel 3a xl and also a screen protector
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2245 posts
1295 upvotes
Calgary
I hate screen protectors, but do use cases for my phone. Spigen Neo Hybrid is a common one for me, but for my Zenfone 6 I'm using a Rugged Shield case (best I can determine - a friend bought it). No Spigen or similar cases for a phone like this.

Hell, most times I've actually had scratches on a phone was from attempting to remove a glass screen protector (I buy a fair number of used phones).
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21767 posts
3031 upvotes
Toronto
Iphone 7 with a Spigen clearcase and tempered glass screen protector.

One thing I found with a case is to make sure to pop out the phone once in a while and airblast the case and iphone backing.

If you don't, some lint/debris ends up scratching the backing.

Also make sure the case on the inside is smooth.

I had a Spigen case with indented lines on the inside of the case and it messed up the iphone 6 backing with lines that you couldn't really wipe off.

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1407 posts
1080 upvotes
Toronto
I never use cases or screen protectors for my phones. I take good care of them
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2232 posts
1372 upvotes
North Vancouver
I used to use Otterbox Commuter and Defender cases but in more recent years, I have discovered Spigen cases which I find are very well made. I never use screen protectors.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4701 posts
2067 upvotes
GTA
I'll probably always use a case of some sort. Typically something thinner like a spigen. I'll never use something huge like an OtterBox.

I always use a screen protector as well. Not just for scratches but for the oleophobic coating. They always wear off and I can't stand seeing smudges on my screen