None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
15882 posts
10579 upvotes
Toronto

Name & Shame: Photos of people abusing handicap spots / D-Bag Parking

Thought I would start a thread of jerks abusing Handicap/other spots or just parking like a d-bag.

Snapped these last week at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto.

Bentley, with no handicap sticker/pass, occupying not 1 but 2 handicap spots right by the elevator.
dbag parking 1.jpg
DBag parking 2.jpg
Last edited by Swerny on Aug 15th, 2018 9:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
1940 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
Perhaps they forgot their handicap pass at home?

Plus these threads may lead to vandalism. The least you can do is blur out their license plates.

Pm'ed mods to close thread.
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
15882 posts
10579 upvotes
Toronto
Nook wrote: Perhaps they forgot their handicap pass at home?

Plus these threads may lead to vandalism. The least you can do is blur out their license plates.

wow, that took long....2 minutes for someone to report the thread.

2 spots....by a Bentley....pass or not....still a jerk....no arguing that
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20935 posts
5354 upvotes
Poormond Hill
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: how?
Maybe Nook is a repeat offender.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
478 upvotes
MONTR

the law is black and white, either you have the permit with you or you don't park in the spot.
parking enforcement or cops can give you a ticket because there is no permit.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
nomdesplumes wrote: the law is black and white, either you have the permit with you or you don't park in the spot.
parking enforcement or cops can give you a ticket because there is no permit.
And neither the OP nor you are in parking enforcement or the police.

Let those tasked to administer the law do their job. Rather than making posts about people's bad habits, report them to parking enforcement or the police.

People seeing others possibly breaking the law and noticing their license plates may damage the cars if they see them in the future.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8434 posts
2084 upvotes
Handicap Permit required sign not there, (that I can see). Floor markings dont count.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21528 upvotes
Toronto

Correct me if i'm wrong, but license plates are not private information because it is out in the open, available for all to see and record. So I don't believe there is anything illegal at all about posting pictures of them on the internet long as you provide no personal information with it.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3371 posts
1341 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area

do you abuse handicap spots?
Sep 19, 2013
895 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
Nook wrote: And neither the OP nor you are in parking enforcement or the police.

Let those tasked to administer the law do their job. Rather than making posts about people's bad habits, report them to parking enforcement or the police.

People seeing others possibly breaking the law and noticing their license plates may damage the cars if they see them in the future.
Get outta here old man. Nothing wrong with shaming people on the internet.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
MTommy wrote: Correct me if i'm wrong, but license plates are not private information because it is out in the open, available for all to see and record. So I don't believe there is anything illegal at all about posting pictures of them on the internet long as you provide no personal information with it.
Never said it was illegal but I provided my reasons for why this is a bad idea.

Lol @ people suggesting I must be a handicap spot abuser if I criticize a silly-purposed thread. If one criticizes capital punishment, one must also be a mass murderer, right? I mean what other reason would there be to defend something? :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
1420 posts
323 upvotes
New Tecumseth, ON
Nook wrote: Never said it was illegal but I provided my reasons for why this is a bad idea.

Lol @ people suggesting I must be a handicap spot abuser if I criticize a silly-purposed thread. If one criticizes capital punishment, one must also be a mass murderer, right? I mean what other reason would there be to defend something? :rolleyes:
Same idea way out of context. Next suggestion?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19146 posts
3370 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Nook wrote: Never said it was illegal but I provided my reasons for why this is a bad idea.

Your objection is overruled.

Continue the thread.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1663 upvotes
I can see this turning into a cluster *****. In before the lock.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2145 posts
689 upvotes
MTommy wrote: Correct me if i'm wrong, but license plates are not private information because it is out in the open, available for all to see and record. So I don't believe there is anything illegal at all about posting pictures of them on the internet long as you provide no personal information with it.
haven't seen such intelligent comment in the forums for a while
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2145 posts
689 upvotes
Banned
May 12, 2014
79 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nook wrote: And neither the OP nor you are in parking enforcement or the police.

I agree 100%.
I didnt forget....I`ll See You Soon.
Banned
May 12, 2014
79 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sorry to say but ill be honest....with your license plate I can get your name and address very easily if I wanted to. Dont ask me how cause I wont say.
Reality is, theres a bunch of people out there just like me that can probably get that info. So posting someones license plate is a no no in my opinon.

Lets say theres some goof who is royally pissed at that bentley pic and he can get the name and driver license info of that individual, and he pays that car owner a visit. Then what? If i was the bentley owner and you lived in my condo or whatever it is, id slap the **** outta u.
I didnt forget....I`ll See You Soon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)