• Mar 16th, 2024 1:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6963 posts
6080 upvotes
Oakville, ON
blues45 wrote: So I commute with the wife to a Go Station everyday, we have a commuters parking pass.

Everyday there are cars taking up these spots without the proper passes and Go/Metrolinx does nothing about it.

Just wanting to get this rant out of me, here is a picture of the Nissan and BMW, both illegally parking like douches without commuter passes, hogging up the spots.
They generally don’t bother with spot-checks and instead respond to complaints. They only ticket for egregious parking infractions that they may notice while on patrol. Checking for stickers not so much.

“If you see someone else parking in a carpool parking space before 9:30 am without a permit or without at least one passenger, call Transit Safety Dispatch at 1-877-297-0642”

I’ve called in the past when I used to have a reserved spot and found someone else parked in my spot. I’ve also called and reported people parking illegally. Several times I was able to confirm that the offender did indeed get a ticket when I checked on my way home!

Give them a call next time you see this again, especially if they’re parked over the lines like the selfish idiots that they are!
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2660 posts
670 upvotes
GTA
CanadianLurker wrote: They generally don’t bother with spot-checks and instead respond to complaints. They only ticket for egregious parking infractions that they may notice while on patrol. Checking for stickers not so much.

“If you see someone else parking in a carpool parking space before 9:30 am without a permit or without at least one passenger, call Transit Safety Dispatch at 1-877-297-0642”

I’ve called in the past when I used to have a reserved spot and found someone else parked in my spot. I’ve also called and reported people parking illegally. Several times I was able to confirm that the offender did indeed get a ticket when I checked on my way home!

Give them a call next time you see this again, especially if they’re parked over the lines like the selfish idiots that they are!
I would lose my mind if someone was parking in my reserved spot that I was paying for - tow truck
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $8758.00
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11298 posts
6301 upvotes
Ontario
lamboman wrote: Wow never knew x-trail was an EV!
Apparently both xtrail and S class are EVs, or maybe they offered a plug in hybrid versions)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6963 posts
6080 upvotes
Oakville, ON
blues45 wrote: I would lose my mind if someone was parking in my reserved spot that I was paying for - tow truck
Didn’t happen often, but was such a pain when it did. Used to have the reserved spot when I didn’t start until 9:00 am and the Oakville lot would be pretty much full well before 8:00 am.

So, if I got there and found a jerk in my spot it meant that I had to relocate to the Kiss ‘n Ride area and grab a spot and then go into the station to report the issue so the jerk would get a ticket and so I wouldn’t get a ticket by parking in the Kiss ‘n Ride. Eventually they allowed a phone report so you wouldn’t have to go inside and see a rep. Either way, it usually meant missing my train and being late for work! Grrr. Totally pissed me off for the whole day.

Eventually gave it up as I now start earlier + they added a parking garage at Oakville so getting a spot isn’t as crazy for me as it used to be a few years back.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2660 posts
670 upvotes
GTA
here's a Smart Car, this guys a pro, took this in Rome last month.
Different animal out there in Europe with driving and parking...
Images
  • IMG_20180608_231515.jpg
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $8758.00
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
^LOL
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3135 posts
1308 upvotes
Andro wrote: Apparently both xtrail and S class are EVs, or maybe they offered a plug in hybrid versions)
I think there's an S550e.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
howdyhoe wrote: Image
That license plate should’ve read instead.. "NOBACKUPCAMERAFORME" ..lol
Last edited by lamboman on Aug 14th, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
lol, there is no way anyone is getting out with that smart car there.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1820 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
Pics of the driver and their crappy parking job is even better.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11298 posts
6301 upvotes
Ontario
Bb0231 wrote: I think there's an S550e.
Cool, didn't know that. However, this was s550 (no e) driven by senior, proudly displaying handicap sign on dash in ev parking spot. Diagonal parking too for the win :facepalm:

Volt owner was not much better though, parked but not charging.
Images
  • P_20180626_165140_vHDR_Auto.jpg
Nov 15, 2017
846 posts
643 upvotes
There once was a photo circulating on RFD of a truck managing to occupy 4 spaces simultaneously in a parking lot.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11298 posts
6301 upvotes
Ontario
BBZero wrote: There once was a photo circulating on RFD of a truck managing to occupy 4 spaces simultaneously in a parking lot.
Probably not same one, but same principle
Images
  • 7c9a6-500x_suv_asshat.jpg
Jun 26, 2010
179 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Saw this in Ajax last week.
Images
  • 08D8E8C5-1727-427C-A4F2-C4D7857C027D.jpeg
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
4373 posts
2499 upvotes
Calgary, AB
howdyhoe wrote: Image
The guy parked next to him looks no better.

Which reminds us - we've all had that situation where we've had to park over a line because it's the last spot and some **** can't park beside you, only to come back to the person having left and you looking like the **** that can't park... :lol:
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
test9251 wrote: 3 pics
brutal. middle of summer too so can't blame the snow.