• Jul 5th, 2022 7:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4563 posts
4794 upvotes
GTA
One entitled idiot is trying to assemble the rest of the entitled idiots.

The street is signed "No Parking" on one side, and "No Parking 8am-6pm Mon-Fri" on the other side. On Friday afternoon, bylaw came by and gave like 20 cars tickets for parking before 6pm.

The Waterloo website says that "bylaw officers will not enforce overnight parking regulations or on-street time limits". But I suspect the time limit is the 3hr limit stipulated in the bylaw, not the 8am-6pm restriction.

Building E has no parking lot, and Waterloo doesn't allow street parking. So this person has been scrounging for parking and dodging bylaw long before COVID.
Images
  • IMG_20200418_201342.jpg
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19037 posts
2355 upvotes
derass wrote: One entitled idiot is trying to assemble the rest of the entitled idiots.

The street is signed "No Parking" on one side, and "No Parking 8am-6pm Mon-Fri" on the other side. On Friday afternoon, bylaw came by and gave like 20 cars tickets for parking before 6pm.

The Waterloo website says that "bylaw officers will not enforce overnight parking regulations or on-street time limits". But I suspect the time limit is the 3hr limit stipulated in the bylaw, not the 8am-6pm restriction.

Building E has no parking lot, and Waterloo doesn't allow street parking. So this person has been scrounging for parking and dodging bylaw long before COVID.
Not sure you care but your license plate information is in the picture.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1454 posts
719 upvotes
Haz wrote: Not sure you care but your license plate information is in the picture.
How do you know the car he put the note on with the ticket is his? According to the statement "One entitled idiot is trying to assemble the rest of the entitled idiots", if the car was his that got a ticket, then he'd be calling himself one of the entitled idiots.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32070 posts
13581 upvotes
Haz wrote: Not sure you care but your license plate information is in the picture.
LP is also displayed all the time in public, whenever his car is...out in public. Never understood people doing stuff like hiding LPs and VINs--these things are publicly viewable and no one is gonna be able to "steal your identity" and do something like take out a mortgage in your name if all they have is your plate number or the serial# on your dash or something lol. Tin foil hatting has gotten way out of hand these days.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
14054 posts
18359 upvotes
Vancouver
derass wrote: So this person has been scrounging for parking and dodging bylaw long before COVID.
I like free and unrestricted parking as much as the next RFDer, but I cannot understand why the cities and municipalities thought that dropping enforcement would be a good idea. "We want you to stay at home, so we're going to offer you free parking everywhere in the city, and in your permit-only neighborhood, we're going to let everyone who doesn't have a permit there park there too, making it harder to find a spot in your own neighborhood." I mean what did the city think was going to happen? Vancouver has already reinstated parking enforcement in several permit-only neighbourhoods after they were overrun by non-residents flocking to the parks and beaches, and people who live there could no longer find spots to park.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1454 posts
719 upvotes
engineered wrote: Vancouver plate HM152R on a white Dodge SUV is a douchebag parker.
Trying to protect his Dodge from dings. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4539 posts
611 upvotes
Scarborough
Kiraly wrote: Run the plate number here, this guy has $750 worth of outstanding parking tickets in Vancouver: https://revservices.vancouver.ca/PRDWS/ ... 3506652928

IMG_2229.JPG
Social distance with a friend and park in 249 and 252 to box them in :P
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4509 posts
7145 upvotes
Canada
TuxedoBlack wrote: That looks like @Blubbs new Honda Clarity in white. LOL.
Lol, we were supposed to be out on the West coast visiting family right now too. Sigh.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
2521 posts
3834 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
Blubbs wrote: Lol, we were supposed to be out on the West coast visiting family right now too. Sigh.
Whatever you do, just (try to) stay away from that white Dodge. Hahah.
Be Balanced. Be Diversified. Stay Invested.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
15494 posts
12949 upvotes
GTA, ON
Kingsmen17 wrote: Taking 2 spots
Good noodle house.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18859 posts
21608 upvotes
GTA
xrvr wrote: Ahaha.

I bet anyone could park if they were trained for 10 years by hundreds of engineers... or just get a car with self parking :)
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3864 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Run the plate number here, this guy has $750 worth of outstanding parking tickets in Vancouver: https://revservices.vancouver.ca/PRDWS/ ... 3506652928

IMG_2229.JPG
How can they renew their insurance? I thought if you had any outstanding city tickets, ICBC won't renew until you pay all. I think this is the case with ICBC no matter what municipality ticketed you, so you could get a ticket up north and still not be able to renew if you live in the lower mainland
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
14054 posts
18359 upvotes
Vancouver
Messerschmitt wrote: How can they renew their insurance? I thought if you had any outstanding city tickets, ICBC won't renew until you pay all. I think this is the case with ICBC no matter what municipality ticketed you, so you could get a ticket up north and still not be able to renew if you live in the lower mainland
Nope. That's only the case for provincially issued tickets like speeding tickets.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)