• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2022 6:16 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
11747 posts
5661 upvotes
terry0703 wrote: Sorry, it may take long. I usually pay attention only when I need to, and I stay home way more than I used to before pandemic. You can still wait, it's your choice.
No worries, have a good night.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
17922 posts
16926 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Gutty96 wrote: No, the subject here is people abusing accessible spots. It has only merged to this over time. I am getting at, that I don't care if an EV or and ICE car takes a Charing spot and doesn't use it. It's the same thing, but we only see "shame" of one side.
From what I've seen there's plenty of pics here shaming all kind of cars for taking up accessible spots.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
11747 posts
5661 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: From what I've seen there's plenty of pics here shaming all kind of cars for taking up accessible spots.
Yup, absolutely, no debate there. However, I have not seen one pic of an EV car not plugged into a charger, but taking the spot. I have seen several of ICE vehicles in charging spots. I am not sure what the difference is.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3769 posts
1046 upvotes
Home
Gutty96 wrote: Yup, absolutely, no debate there. However, I have not seen one pic of an EV car not plugged into a charger, but taking the spot. I have seen several of ICE vehicles in charging spots. I am not sure what the difference is.
More frequent and much more visible, easily recognized. That's the only difference.
When I just pass by, I know it is not an EV instantly.
For EV, I would have to actually take a closer look to see if it's charging or not.
Didn't mean to take a side or anything, I rarely pass by an EV charger as they are not on the way of my errands or grocery shopping of my everyday life these days.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
11747 posts
5661 upvotes
terry0703 wrote: More frequent and much more visible, easily recognized. That's the only difference.
When I just pass by, I know it is not an EV instantly.
For EV, I would have to actually take a closer look to see if it's charging or not.
Didn't mean to take a side or anything, I rarely pass by an EV charger as they are not on the way of my errands or grocery shopping of my everyday life these days.
Hmmm, maybe.... I suspect it is more targeted than that, in this thread anyway. Even if not intentional.

You said yourself, you take notice of it ( and take pictures) if it is and ICE, but don't bother to even check if an EV is actually plugged in.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3769 posts
1046 upvotes
Home
Gutty96 wrote: Hmmm, maybe.... I suspect it is more targeted than that, in this thread anyway. Even if not intentional.

You said yourself, you take notice of it ( and take pictures) if it is and ICE, but don't bother to even check if an EV is actually plugged in.
If you take it that way, so be it. I've never bothered before whether it's ICE or EV. I noticed it because I wanted to try the charger, and it's first time I took a picture. Next time if a car is occupying the spot without charging, I will take a picture as well. I just don't know when that next time would be as I hardly pass them by.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
11747 posts
5661 upvotes
terry0703 wrote: If you take it that way, so be it. I've never bothered before whether it's ICE or EV. I noticed it because I wanted to try the charger, and it's first time I took a picture. Next time if a car is occupying the spot without charging, I will take a picture as well. I just don't know when that next time would be as I hardly pass them by.
As I said before, I am awaiting one of those pictures, from anyone. This is a long thread, I have yet to see one, so my hopes are not high.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1420 posts
654 upvotes
Same spot as previous post I put, but different car.
Quebec E63 EHJ. Galeries St-Laurent in Montreal.
Images
  • IMG_20210926_140817.jpg
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
11747 posts
5661 upvotes
RCML27 wrote: Same spot as previous post I put, but different car.
Quebec E63 EHJ. Galeries St-Laurent in Montreal.
I think the driver might still be in the car? Can see Their head through the window gap?

What kind of puddle jumper are they driving btw? Can't make out the emblem.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19018 posts
2328 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: I think the driver might still be in the car? Can see Their head through the window gap?

Looks like a BMW X something.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19018 posts
2328 upvotes
I suppose with only one spot there, the line doesn't really matter...

20210709.jpg

Can't decide on a space so why not take both? Maybe they paid both meters by phone?

20210815.jpg

Apparently they haven't learned to read the signs.

20210927.jpg
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1420 posts
654 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: I think the driver might still be in the car? Can see Their head through the window gap?

It's a BMW X3. Probably another young muscle head since that's the kind of people who I usually see parking there. Either going to the gym or that Popeye's store. Got to keep their precious cars scratch free and dent free before the lease ends.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
15105 posts
12497 upvotes
GTA, ON
Bianco13 wrote: WoW!!
Leave a note on their windshield saying that illegal parking is considered a sin.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14826 posts
5706 upvotes
RFD
chimaican wrote: Leave a note on their windshield saying that illegal parking is considered a sin.
You win. Lol. But to be fair, lots of non catholics attend catholic school too so the sin part wouldn't really work on them. Catholic schools nowadays are just name only.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1420 posts
654 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Leave a note on their windshield saying that illegal parking is considered a sin.
Even better is a note saying: the powers of Christ compels you to hell.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
4899 posts
581 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Enforcement have a field day with that car.Unreadable plates,handicap parking,blocking a walk path.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8158 posts
1028 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
Bianco13 wrote: WoW!!
[picture of car parked in handcap spot]
What day and time was that photo taken? Was the school open?
If it was closed and the vehicle owner was one of the only ones working there I don't see what the big deal is.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3769 posts
1046 upvotes
Home
ConsoleWatcher wrote: What day and time was that photo taken? Was the school open?
If it was closed and the vehicle owner was one of the only ones working there I don't see what the big deal is.
From the background of the photo, I can clearly see that the vehicle owner is not the only person present in the school property at the time.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
7640 posts
4558 upvotes
Mississauga
Reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Homer parks lengthwise across three handicap spots outside the Try-N-Save and fake limps his way to the store.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)