Home & Garden

Name of this trap pipe?

  • Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2021 9:31 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Mar 14, 2018
453 posts
462 upvotes

Name of this trap pipe?

It's about 9 inches long with 1-1/4in diameter
Images
  • 20210515_115132.jpg
12 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3685 posts
1223 upvotes
Edmonton
Depends what goes on after, but should be a P trap. I believe S traps are no longer allowed
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
[OP]
Member
Mar 14, 2018
453 posts
462 upvotes
tmkf_patryk wrote: Depends what goes on after, but should be a P trap. I believe S traps are no longer allowed
Thanks. Also the broken part in the picture... Is that a slip joint nut? Could I replace that with a metal one? The current pipe fittings are ABS.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
4302 posts
2200 upvotes
clutch31 wrote: Thanks. Also the broken part in the picture... Is that a slip joint nut? Could I replace that with a metal one? The current pipe fittings are ABS.
Yes a metal one will be the same thread.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4426 posts
3908 upvotes
Toronto
Just to clarify, the P trap is the curved part. If you're replacing this whole thing, you'll also need a small length of ABS pipe for the vertical part, a threaded fitting and ABS solvent.
[OP]
Member
Mar 14, 2018
453 posts
462 upvotes
jm1 wrote: Just to clarify, the P trap is the curved part. If you're replacing this whole thing, you'll also need a small length of ABS pipe for the vertical part, a threaded fitting and ABS solvent.
Thanks,
One more thing -- the SJ nut seems to be for 2-in diameter pipes (See the pic)... But I couldn't find any online hardware stores. Parts that come up in searches are all 1-1/2 in. Am I doing something wrong?
20210515_154101.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
4302 posts
2200 upvotes
clutch31 wrote: Thanks,
One more thing -- the SJ nut seems to be for 2-in diameter pipes (See the pic)... But I couldn't find any online hardware stores. Parts that come up in searches are all 1-1/2 in. Am I doing something wrong?
20210515_154101.jpg
Pipe is measured by the inside diameter of the pipe so the outside diameter of the pipe/threads for 1 1/2" pipe would be about 2".
Newbie
May 12, 2021
85 posts
46 upvotes
-Top part is a trap adapter.
https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=1-1%2 ... %20adapter

-middle is just abs pipe.
https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=1-1%2 ... abs%20pipe

-bottom is a portion of an adjustable p-trap
https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=1-1%2 ... adjustable

You’ll need some abs cement too to glue it all together.
https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=Abs%2 ... s%20cement
[OP]
Member
Mar 14, 2018
453 posts
462 upvotes
2000teamti wrote: -Top part is a trap adapter.
https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=1-1%2 ... %20adapter

-middle is just abs pipe.
https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=1-1%2 ... abs%20pipe

-bottom is a portion of an adjustable p-trap
https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=1-1%2 ... adjustable

You’ll need some abs cement too to glue it all together.
https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=Abs%2 ... s%20cement
Thanks a lot.
I bought a 1-1/2 p trap adapter but the SJ nut wouldn't fit... (too small). Do I need a 2" p-trap adapter?
Newbie
May 12, 2021
85 posts
46 upvotes
Measure your sink tailpiece outer diameter and order the appropriate size trap adapter.

Also double check the trap adapter you ordered and received is correct.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3685 posts
1223 upvotes
Edmonton
pootza wrote: Pipe is measured by the inside diameter of the pipe so the outside diameter of the pipe/threads for 1 1/2" pipe would be about 2".
Do you want to explain to him about different schedules of pipe too?

Sched 20 vs 40 vs 80 and I know there's atleast like a half dozen more
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
4302 posts
2200 upvotes
tmkf_patryk wrote: Do you want to explain to him about different schedules of pipe too?

Sched 20 vs 40 vs 80 and I know there's atleast like a half dozen more
No ... you can go ahead if you think it's important.

Top