None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2002
3339 posts
28 upvotes
West Coast

Nando's Chicken? Eaten there before?

Anyone tried the food at Nando's before. Tried it last week and thought it was really good chicken. Fries were nice as well as the rice. Any other opinions out there?

Not sure how many locations they have across Canada but they got like 11 in BC. Most if not all in the mainland.

Its portugese style grill and rotisserie chicken.
13 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2002
3339 posts
28 upvotes
West Coast
wanted wrote:Is this the place on Mavis/Heartland? Is it Halal, never been yet. Wanted to go but its not Halal.
Depends on the location, but most of them are serving Halal. Best to ask before you eat there.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1442 posts
5 upvotes
Oh man, there's Nando's in Canada? I didn't think they had it here. I went to Nando's when I was in England and I thought it was amazing. Their sauces are really good. They let you buy bottles of their sauces too. Do they do that here? Are there any other locations around the GTA or is this the usual deal where Mississauga gets all the good restaurants/stores first.
Aug 10, 2001
795 posts
142 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Their chicken is really good. The chicken caesar is an excellent choice.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30497 posts
5037 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
As far as I know, all the Nandos are Halal. I only been to the one on Yonge and 16th Avenue (somewhere there) and I didn't care for it. I thought it was the worse chicken I ever had.

I thought it was a localized restaurant. Didn't know it was a worldwide franchise. Maybe I should visit the one by Heartland Centre. That one is fairly new.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6011 posts
436 upvotes
BC
i was first introduced to nandos 7 or 8 years ago.. love the stuff

and the sauces are great, i have a few different ones in my cupboard/fridge right now. the garlic sauce is good, and the herb peri peri is good on pork as well as chicken.

chicken caesar, i agree, excellent choice!

jay, theres not one just opened here that i dont know about? or did you have it elsewhere?
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2732 posts
132 upvotes
Peterborough
We've got a Nando's in Brampton at the southeast corner of Hwy 7. and Bramalea Rd.

The chicken is quite tasty, they've got some nice sides and an interesting selection of sauces. Everything is fresh and well-presented. A nice alternative to KFC or Swiss Chalet.

I see that they've made their sauces available in grocery stores now.

Worth a visit.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12304 posts
3329 upvotes
Ottawa
Nando's is awesome. A nice alternative to SwissChalet
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
May 3, 2004
621 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
mmm...nandos. i like their spring mix chicken salad. it's a lot better than the chicken caesar, imo, which is kinda plain in comparison. the sides are nice too.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3676 posts
895 upvotes
nando's is good, locally in the vancouver area, the one in richmond was the only one for quite some time.

way better than KFC, where i can't eat the fried chicken anymore. it's too greasy.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
61 upvotes
Ontario
If you like Portuguese chicken and/or food, I'd recommend this Portuguese churrascaria near the Cooksville GO station in Mississauga. I think it is King st and Hurontario, but I'm not 100% sure. It is right beside the Go station. Very ghetto looking place, but their chicken is great!
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2004
1538 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
the chicken's great
much better than kfc and swiss chalet imo