Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Napoleon

Napoleon BBQ - Extreme Saving Events - Up to $150 Mail Rebate - Effective May 15 - July 4

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 5:34 pm
Nov 12, 2017
195 posts
469 upvotes
I'm surprised by the hate for Napoleon in this thread. I bought a prestige 500 a couple of months ago and it's amazing. Gets very hot, even cooking. The grates are great. I use the sear station everytime I do steak and it's amazing. Used to the rotisserie to make chicken the other day and it came up amazing.

Maybe I got lucky with mine but I have no issue with it and looking at it, I'm confident it will last a long time.

Just wanted to chime in with some more positive experiences. I chose Napoleon because I wanted to support a Canadian company instead of American and I don't regret it one bit.
20200516_102130.jpg
20200516_131113.jpg
20200506_183837.jpg
20200517_175917.jpg
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11901 posts
24210 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Yo! I've been eyeing that BBQ . What are your thoughts about it? Do the proteins get destroyed while using this BBQ? Details Please! Haha
It's a great BBQ!

I bought an adapter to fit 20LB propane tanks, and everything sits nicely on the balcony.

I use it year round, but never used this as a "travel" BBQ.
Nov 13, 2013
930 posts
1026 upvotes
Quebec
I'm also surprised by the hate, I have a Prestige 500 RSIB and it's an awesome propane bbq. I think I have it since 5-6 years and still look brand new! Use it all seasons and never covered it.

What I don't like is, well, propane :) I have a Weber master touch, Traeger, Hamrforge and they are all way better :)
Dec 18, 2012
80 posts
47 upvotes
My prestige 500 RSIB, NG, is arriving this Thursday. Got scared at the start of this thread, but the last few posts give me hope.

The 100$ cash back is what sealed the deal in my decision between it and the weber s-335.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2577 posts
1733 upvotes
I have the smaller prestige, 360 i think , its got a cool spot in the center front area, but its not a hindrance unless its loaded right full, 95% of the time I can use it to my advantage. And keeping the jets clear on the burner is key maintenance I do yearly, keeps everything flowing as it should. Super thick burners, and love my seasoned cast iron grills. Great BBQ's overall.
Jan 4, 2007
355 posts
152 upvotes
shylok wrote: FYI I got my pro 500 for $1699 new in March. Which is a great deal if you like kicking yourself in the butt.
Isn't the pro $2300? Howd you get it $600 off???? Or are you talking about a different model?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
Username77 wrote: Isn't the pro $2300? Howd you get it $600 off???? Or are you talking about a different model?
I called to buy the normal one(non pro as I was gonna replace grates and didn't want to spend extra).. Guy offered me pro 500 in black for that price.. I hmmd and hawd as I wanted stainless lid.. Ended up going ahead.. No longer on their site at that price. And I can't get them on the phone.. Have tried for a week.. So ordered masterbuilt 1050 somewhere else.

Yea I thought it was a great deal.. Until the grill arrived and it sucked. I cooked on my 200$ charcoal akorn today. Made chicken legs, grilled pineapple, and corn.
Nov 2, 2007
12 posts
7 upvotes
Milton
During my research dealers are willing to discount 15% on the prestige, and up to 22% on the prestige pro.

The pro665rsibpss-3 was $2400 with the matching outdoor cover. Paid 70 for delivery.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
I just ordered prestige pro 500 ss with side burner natural gas for $1750 + tax on May 10. Still waiting for delivery. It came with cover as promo.

Wonder if I can get the store to refund the sale and make a new sale within this promo date? But then I wouldn't get the free cover maybe?
Nov 17, 2007
219 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
I also purchased the prestige pro 665 rsib-3 this April. No complaints so far. Came from a Weber summit s620 that was nothing but issues. Cookbox rotted out, blew out with wind constantly, had to tie doors together or they flung open in the wind, the stainless doors started to rust... The Weber could never get north of 550 degrees. The Napoleon is at 700+ in 10 mins. The build quality is much better than the summit. Everything is more sturdy. The Napoleon presidents warranty shouldn't be overlooked either.

Don't forget the prestige line is made in Barrie. Support local businesses. I also got the dealer down to $2500 with delivery. Regular price is $3049 for natural gas.
Jun 5, 2012
429 posts
726 upvotes
NEPEAN
Just throwing my 2 cents here - based on some comments. Disclosure: own Prestige Pro 500 Grillhead.

Propane will ALWAYS burn hotter than NG - this is not an issue with Napoleon but with all manufactures. There's a learning curve to go from Propane to NG - combat it with using the lid and some more patience. If you cook in the dead of winter then ya, the extra burn of propane will be better. I've learned to use the lid more and I love it for that fact. Also, Charcoal will always be better(taste) to cook on = don't compare it to a NG BBQ - irrelevant point as they are different methods. Best reason to go NG is convenience and time vs charcoal.

That said - there's a number of things to like about the pro 500. The build quality is very good. The oven capability is excellent as the lid is heavy duty - so underrated and I wish more people would talk about it. I've not had any hot spots but I think most BBQ's will vary in this category. The internal lighting system is fantastic. Just make sure you clean the glass every so often as it can gum up with oils. The rear burner work wonders as well (just cooked amazing two-pronged whole chickens which the family devoured. One critical point: I wanted to be more assured about the auto-ignition - I agree with other posters that its works, but you'll have to ensure there's some fed-gas in the chamber before you continue to twist. You do get the hand of it after a while.

Its a great BBQ, and I'd rather comment on the Napoleon Pro itself rather than the virtues of different cooking methods. Note that as a grill head I cannot comment about the quality of the side infrared burner.

Edited: typo
Last edited by Velvetsmack on May 24th, 2020 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 13, 2013
930 posts
1026 upvotes
Quebec
rokgar wrote: My prestige 500 RSIB, NG, is arriving this Thursday. Got scared at the start of this thread, but the last few posts give me hope.

The 100$ cash back is what sealed the deal in my decision between it and the weber s-335.
You will love it!
Images
  • IMG_20170317_182427.jpg
Jul 25, 2011
27 posts
42 upvotes
MARKHAM
I own a pro500rsib and it's by far the best BBQ I've ever owned and used.

The side burner cooks and Sears beautifully. If anything, it gets too hot, not too cold. Those who state it isn't hot enough perhaps has defect?

I placed a cast iron on top of the grates literally in the dead of winter at -20C and it was hot enough to stir fry.

Grill top cooks pretty evenly. Rotisserie works fantastic. In terms of heat, it takes a good 10 minutes to build it to 500 degrees. Rarely does any recipe call for such high temperatures though.

Everything is well built, top notch materials.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
How do you avoid mice from getting near bbq? I heard perhaps putting a cover on encourages them to get in bbq?
Nov 5, 2009
383 posts
331 upvotes
chaineym wrote: I'm surprised by the hate for Napoleon in this thread. I bought a prestige 500 a couple of months ago and it's amazing. Gets very hot, even cooking. The grates are great. I use the sear station everytime I do steak and it's amazing. Used to the rotisserie to make chicken the other day and it came up amazing.

Maybe I got lucky with mine but I have no issue with it and looking at it, I'm confident it will last a long time.

Just wanted to chime in with some more positive experiences. I chose Napoleon because I wanted to support a Canadian company instead of American and I don't regret it one bit.

20200516_102130.jpg20200516_131113.jpg20200506_183837.jpg20200517_175917.jpg
It's one guy who's bought 10 bbqs hating on napoleon. Yeah let's take a guys word when hes obviously not happy with any bbq hes every owned.

Who goes through that many bbqs?

Napoleon has the best warranty in the industry. Any new bbqs are 15 years bumper to bumper. It seems a couple others who are complaining havent reached out to napoleon for some odd reason.

I have a prestige 500 and love it.
Aug 27, 2006
531 posts
1180 upvotes
GTA
They still haven't responded my email last week. Not sure if they are operating in reduced capacity since COVID.

I believe they have 10 year limited warranty. Not a 15 year bumper to bumper.
Waiting to hear if they would replace the rusted out drip pan. Very strange since I don't wash the inside with water and my Napoleon is under the roof.

Apr 10, 2018
19 posts
8 upvotes
I own a Weber Genesis and a Napoleon Prestige. I have owned multiple versions of both. I fix BBQs as a hobby.

Both are excellent. Both get very hot. Both have uniform heat signatures. Both will last you a long time. Both are excellent buys.

Napoleon is the only one made in North America (Barrie ON) (prestige, not lower end models). It uses higher grate stainless steel (304 - hint: if a magnet sticks to it it has more iron and will rust faster).

The infrared burner is great for searing but don’t let cold water hit it when it’s hot as the ceramic might crack.

Weber has easier availability of relatively cheaper parts. The old Genesis 1s were still built in North America but now it’s all China.

Otherwise they are basically equal and you won’t regret either.