Costco

Napoleon PRO Charcoal Cart BBQ Grill with Cover $299.97

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2022 11:38 pm
Dec 12, 2019
766 posts
587 upvotes
Just my 2 cent here,

It's a good deal if you were hesitant buying Weber performer (not delux) due to price.
The Weber equivalent sells for $399 at HD at regular price. You can save $100 by buying this at Costco. But I don't think it's much of a deal considering Weber vs Napoleon. And I think HD jacked up their price not too long ago. They probably go on sale and you can get Weber for not so much and you get parts. aftermarket parts easily for weber products.

Personally I bought used Performer Delux for $180 on Marketplace, can't force anyone to buy used items here, but you get the hell outta deal like gas ignition and bigger table. I am happy with it :)
May 27, 2008
415 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
Curious on those who've had issues with Napoleon products before. On what model was it?
Aug 29, 2010
609 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
xxxibgdrgn wrote: Just my 2 cent here,

It's a good deal if you were hesitant buying Weber performer (not delux) due to price.
The Weber equivalent sells for $399 at HD at regular price. You can save $100 by buying this at Costco. But I don't think it's much of a deal considering Weber vs Napoleon.
Would you recommend this over the 22" Weber Premium kettle? Was planning to get that one but this is $50 for a nice little stand and presumably some better features?
Dec 12, 2019
766 posts
587 upvotes
Lemonylol wrote: Would you recommend this over the 22" Weber Premium kettle? Was planning to get that one but this is $50 for a nice little stand and presumably some better features?
I hear Napoleon makes almost same quality as Weber, so if you were planning on getting premium Kettle at full price, you can get this. The upside for getting this is stability, and table. Other things are the same like porcelain grill and size of the grill.
Sep 27, 2021
47 posts
159 upvotes
London, Ontario
Melkor wrote: This is awesome op! If only my wife wouldn't murder me for buying a fourth Grill 🤣

Go for it...beg for forgiveness...don't ask permission
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1480 posts
2111 upvotes
Kingston
zeeden wrote: [quote=xtrmDeals post_id=35629304 time=1642869021 …. almost had an explosion (fire leaked below on to the tank), and refused to help me.
User error?[/quote]

Negative. The base had a defect. They finally realized that was the case and offered the part for 50% off.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7108 posts
7342 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Amowagou wrote: RFD is a Canadian forum. Please promote your American brand elsewhere.
American = Canadian, take your ignorance somewhere else.
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines

Fringe Minority
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12035 posts
6019 upvotes
Kettles are the gold standard for this price, you can pick a sale or clearance kettle and build your table for it.

That's the route I went.

Original Kettle - $75
Ash catcher - $40 (must have for a wood tablel
Hinged grate - $25
Lumber - $100-$150

All in for around $200-$300, depending on what you get the kettle for.

That said, If you want to just go for a charcoal with side table and not build. This is a warm deal for sure.
Images
  • IMG_20210612_085644.jpg
  • IMG_20200517_145958.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1355 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
Gutty96 wrote: Kettles are the gold standard for this price, you can pick a sale or clearance kettle and build your table for it.

That's the route I went.

Original Kettle - $75
Hinged grate - $25
Lumber - $100-$150

That said, If you want to just go for a charcoal with side table and not build. This is a warm deal for sure.
Nice yard! Do you grill on your deck? Do you find any issues with ash ruining it?
JS
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1355 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto

The Weber equivalent sells for $399 at HD at regular price. You can save $100 by buying this at Costco. But I don't think it's much of a deal considering Weber vs Napoleon. And I think HD jacked up their price not too long ago. They probably go on sale and you can get Weber for not so much and you get parts. aftermarket parts easily for weber products.

Personally I bought used Performer Delux for $180 on Marketplace, can't force anyone to buy used items here, but you get the hell outta deal like gas ignition and bigger table. I am happy with it :)
Weber across the board jacked their prices around $30 (master touch went from 319 to 349) would go Weber over this any day just for the aftermarket support.
JS
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1117 posts
778 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Gutty96 wrote: Kettles are the gold standard for this price, you can pick a sale or clearance kettle and build your table for it.

That's the route I went.

Original Kettle - $75
Hinged grate - $25
Lumber - $100-$150

Be careful with the wooden table support for kettles (and kamados). Lots of stories/pictures of folks who had implicit trust in their wood table to only have it catch fire and cause significant damage. Check out the Kamadoguru forums for further info. I had fully intended on making a table for one of my kamados, but after reading there, I was persuaded that it's not a great idea.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12035 posts
6019 upvotes
James Stonehenge wrote: Nice yard! Do you grill on your deck? Do you find any issues with ash ruining it?
Thanks, the brick house is my current home. The other picture is the day I build it at the old townhouse.

Up on the deck by the door I have a 4 burner propane and a 36" Blackstone.

Kettle still get lots of use, as there are certain thing we only do on coals. Of the 3, the propane gets used the least, but it is nice to be there when tight for time and you need it.

The ash catcher works awesome. Very little ash, if any gets anywhere. Just keep it clean.
Last edited by Gutty96 on Jan 22nd, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12035 posts
6019 upvotes
hoody123 wrote: Be careful with the wooden table support for kettles (and kamados). Lots of stories/pictures of folks who had implicit trust in their wood table to only have it catch fire and cause significant damage. Check out the Kamadoguru forums for further info. I had fully intended on making a table for one of my kamados, but after reading there, I was persuaded that it's not a great idea.
Ya, it's low risk imo, especially with the ash catcher, but you are right there is risk. That is why it is down on the stone patio.
Mar 8, 2009
258 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto

I was a BBQ salesperson at home depot for years, you'll hear all the same complaints about Weber vs. Napoleon, these are giant corporations sometimes you get good products, sometimes you get good service, sometimes not. Flip a coin and you'll get someone saying the same thing as you, except favouring napoleon instead of weber - I've heard plenty of ppl beefing about Weber for many reasons.
[OP]
May 25, 2010
622 posts
948 upvotes
Orillia
Not so sure 40 units have moved since i posted this thread but you never know

Bencherstyle wrote: I can see this going 199 soon
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1118 posts
1240 upvotes
Surrey
insomnia77 wrote: Tempted and no doubt charcoal gives the best flavour, but cleaning it after every cook ...then there is cold weather ....decisions decisions
Easier to clean than a gas/propane grill. Just scrape and the stuff falls to the bottom vents and into the green bin they go. I clean mine after every cook and before. Mainly just to scrub the grill portion. I do a full clean out every month. Sooner if I do a lot of cooking. During the warmer months I would have to clean out the grill every 2 weeks. I was grilling 5 times a week. Face With Tears Of Joy

I still bbq in cold weather. Mind you have a covered area to work in so that helps too.
Mar 8, 2010
448 posts
364 upvotes
Foothills

That's the route I went.

Original Kettle - $75
Hinged grate - $25
Lumber - $100-$150

Some concern about a wooden structure to support a BBQ along with heat effect on the siding...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)