Costco

Napoleon PRO Charcoal Cart BBQ Grill with Cover $299.97

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2022 11:38 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12033 posts
6018 upvotes
targa88 wrote: Some concern about a wooden structure to support a BBQ along with heat effect on the siding...
It was my old gas grill that did that to the siding. It exhausted out the back and right up the siding.

Many people have kettles in custom wood tables without issues, so it is pretty low risk. I suspect anyone who had a fire, wasn't cleaning it well enough.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1771 posts
204 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered one. Always wanted to get a charcoal BBQ.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2371 posts
1586 upvotes
Kitchener
Gutty96 wrote: Kettles are the gold standard for this price, you can pick a sale or clearance kettle and build your table for it.

That's the route I went.

Original Kettle - $75
Ash catcher - $40 (must have for a wood tablel
Hinged grate - $25
Lumber - $100-$150

All in for around $200-$300, depending on what you get the kettle for.

That said, If you want to just go for a charcoal with side table and not build. This is a warm deal for sure.
May I know where you got the ash catcher from? And if possible the part number?
Jan 27, 2013
917 posts
1123 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: Worst customer service ever. Buy American. At least the thought of getting sued forces good customer service. My Napoleon caught fire (defect), burnt me (perm scar) and they refused to do anything about it (eventually they replaced the parts).

Go Weber guys or any other brand.

P.S. I'm proudly Canadian and always buy Canadian products first IF it makes sense.

This is 100% not the the case. Great service on my bbq and fireplace. Never had an issue, years after, with replacement free parts.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1477 posts
2110 upvotes
Kingston
What do mean "this is 100% not the case?" I'm not making this up. Anyway, to each their own. Moving on. I wish everyone the best of luck and savoury food with this BBQ.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7107 posts
7342 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Gutty96 wrote: Kettles are the gold standard for this price, you can pick a sale or clearance kettle and build your table for it.

That's the route I went.

Original Kettle - $75
Ash catcher - $40 (must have for a wood tablel
Hinged grate - $25
Lumber - $100-$150

All in for around $200-$300, depending on what you get the kettle for.

That said, If you want to just go for a charcoal with side table and not build. This is a warm deal for sure.
Your backyard needs some work, but your BBQ is perfect
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines

Fringe Minority
Dec 19, 2002
770 posts
165 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
xxxibgdrgn wrote: I hear Napoleon makes almost same quality as Weber, so if you were planning on getting premium Kettle at full price, you can get this. The upside for getting this is stability, and table. Other things are the same like porcelain grill and size of the grill.
As someone who has had both a Napoleon and a Weber charcoal grill, they are not the same quality. Weber is vastly superior. The service with Weber was much better but that doesn't matter much when you're buying from Costco. Any issues and you can just take it back.
Dec 29, 2008
539 posts
821 upvotes
Mississauga
WildPegasus wrote: As someone who has had both a Napoleon and a Weber charcoal grill, they are not the same quality. Weber is vastly superior. The service with Weber was much better but that doesn't matter much when you're buying from Costco. Any issues and you can just take it back.
despite costco's great return policy. i'm one of the people who would try to avoid costco's return line as much as possible. Everytime I have to return something I have to block out at least a couple of hours of my day. Part of me think this is costco's strategy to curb people from returning items, by purposely making you wait at least an hour to return anything.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12033 posts
6018 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: Your backyard needs some work, but your BBQ is perfect
Lol, thanks. I do love that bbq.

That's the weekend we moved in, in June. The lady moving out let the weeds get out of control. Took a lot of the summer to get them decent, but I may re-sand the stones this coming summer.
Apr 10, 2006
676 posts
544 upvotes
RadioDude wrote: despite costco's great return policy. i'm one of the people who would try to avoid costco's return line as much as possible. Everytime I have to return something I have to block out at least a couple of hours of my day. Part of me think this is costco's strategy to curb people from returning items, by purposely making you wait at least an hour to return anything.
it just depends on your luck as well as time of day. i've had times where i literally walk in and either i'm going straight to the return desk or i'm next or 2nd. sometimes, i have to wait 15 to 30 mins. had never waited for hours. in all honesty, it's mostly people returning clotheS or are complaining about something that takes forever for the return. whenever i'm the one who's doing a return, i'm always done within 5 mins tops or 10 if the manager was away.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1042 posts
1116 upvotes
Montreal
Melkor wrote: This is awesome op! If only my wife wouldn't murder me for buying a fourth Grill 🤣
She won't
I have 7 or 8, I don't remember exactly :)
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4054 posts
4941 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: Worst customer service ever. Buy American. At least the thought of getting sued forces good customer service. My Napoleon caught fire (defect), burnt me (perm scar) and they refused to do anything about it (eventually they replaced the parts).

Go Weber guys or any other brand.

P.S. I'm proudly Canadian and always buy Canadian products first IF it makes sense.
Ditto man. Sent a picture to Napoleon of I aiming a laser thermometer at the middle of the lid handle. 279F.
Both sides of lid turned purple, thermometer on lid turned white, ignitor died on first day.

IIRC, "Support" asked I disassemble the unit and take pictures. Whatever
xtrmDeals wrote: Don't get me wrong. I bought Canadian (Napoleon twice) because of being Canadian and will always support good Canadian companies. But they lost me as a customer when their product was defective, almost had an explosion (fire leaked below on to the tank), and refused to help me.
Sounds familiar. after a 1 year of back and forth emails the unit met the recycler.
10 year warranty my arse
liviu23 wrote: She won't
I have 7 or 8, I don't remember exactly :)
Wives?
Pettyfan wrote: Go for it...beg for forgiveness...don't ask permission
Say you won it in the office pool.
These parts, my wife thinks am the luckiest man around...
Last edited by KravenHead on Jan 22nd, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1275 posts
720 upvotes
Vancouver
Napoleon has a version w/out the cart. I remember coming across it years ago at home depot, and it was on clearance for $130. I regret not snagging it.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1275 posts
720 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone successfully add a rotisserie ring to their napoleon kettle? Seems impossible to find one that fits. The napoleon is 22.5", so it's on the larger side, and the hinged lid design makes it a pain to add the rotisserie ring.
Aug 5, 2005
335 posts
314 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote: Anyone successfully add a rotisserie ring to their napoleon kettle? Seems impossible to find one that fits. The napoleon is 22.5", so it's on the larger side, and the hinged lid design makes it a pain to add the rotisserie ring.
Never with the napoleon, but i was looking for a cheaper rotisserie for a weber kettle and found this:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01H19 ... _415914110

Works like a charm, and in theory should fit any 22.5".

Use it maybe 5-10 times a year, and hasn't let me down yet, highly recommend instead of paying for branded prices.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1275 posts
720 upvotes
Vancouver
retr0 wrote: Never with the napoleon, but i was looking for a cheaper rotisserie for a weber kettle and found this:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01H19 ... _415914110

Works like a charm, and in theory should fit any 22.5".

Use it maybe 5-10 times a year, and hasn't let me down yet, highly recommend instead of paying for branded prices.
The problem with the hinged lid design is that you wouldn't be able to close the lid if an extra ring was added.
Aug 5, 2005
335 posts
314 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote: The problem with the hinged lid design is that you wouldn't be able to close the lid if an extra ring was added.
Ahh yes.. That makes sense.. Need something more like a 22.5 joteisserie... Foil the lid? Search kijiji for old 22.5" models just for a lid ? Meh, kind of janky solutions....
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1231 posts
1565 upvotes
Montreal
turbo_slug wrote: The problem with the hinged lid design is that you wouldn't be able to close the lid if an extra ring was added.
The hinged lid is on that silver center ring. From some assembly videos, I saw that the ring is held in place by 2 screws which, as far as I can tell, are only there to help stabilize the unit while the lid is open, so the lid won't topple over. Those screws might also assist with the swiveling of the lid assembly.

With the two screws removed, you can pull out the entire center ring (with the lid) and likely place your rotisserie kit under the center ring/lid. You can either try to run your unit without those screws installed, replace them by some "quick release" type fasteners, or unscrew them every time you want to use the rotisserie. Disclaimer: I don't own this unit and have never tried the procedure mentioned here.

That said, I'm on the fence about the lid, too. It looks nice and all, but may be limiting for a rotisserie attachment. It also seems like it would be prone to failure. Or at least more prone to failure than my 13 year old Weber's simple lid hook. The old Weber is 18", though, which is starting to feel a bit small.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)