Costco

Napoleon PRO Charcoal Cart BBQ Grill with Cover $299.97

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2022 11:38 pm
Apr 9, 2018
368 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
I'm still on th fence about this but the opportunity may pass me by...might just hold out for a Weber sale as I still have a gas grill for now.

Deal looks decent tho. Thanks for sharing OP.
Jan 12, 2007
265 posts
123 upvotes
London
Hashim85 wrote: .might just hold out for a Weber sale as I still have a gas grill for now.
Good luck with that Weber sale. I’ve been watching the charcoal grills for a while, no discounts of any kind…not even $10, not even on Black Friday. Now, I could just be very bad at finding them on sale, nut I have yet to see one go on sale.
Jul 29, 2016
328 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal OP.
I was wondering why Weber wouldn't use cast iron in its kettles. After grilling on Weber charcoal for years, I feel cast iron may not be necessary for charcoal but would like to hear your opinion.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2001
1155 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
This Acorn was the best purchase I ever made… under $300 about 7 years ago I bought it and still use regularly. Key is not to lose air and good lump charcoal…

943E5C47-B96E-4A14-8804-5F31B28D2DE6.png
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
11815 posts
5724 upvotes
brockster wrote: This Acorn was the best purchase I ever made… under $300 about 7 years ago I bought it and still use regularly. Key is not to lose air and good lump charcoal…

943E5C47-B96E-4A14-8804-5F31B28D2DE6.png
Nice. Was it posted here at the time?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2001
1155 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
Gutty96 wrote: Nice. Was it posted here at the time?
Yes it was I forgot where I bought it but think it was Lowe’s?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1263 posts
676 upvotes
Vancouver
dhomas wrote: The hinged lid is on that silver center ring. From some assembly videos, I saw that the ring is held in place by 2 screws which, as far as I can tell, are only there to help stabilize the unit while the lid is open, so the lid won't topple over. Those screws might also assist with the swiveling of the lid assembly.

With the two screws removed, you can pull out the entire center ring (with the lid) and likely place your rotisserie kit under the center ring/lid. You can either try to run your unit without those screws installed, replace them by some "quick release" type fasteners, or unscrew them every time you want to use the rotisserie. Disclaimer: I don't own this unit and have never tried the procedure mentioned here.

That said, I'm on the fence about the lid, too. It looks nice and all, but may be limiting for a rotisserie attachment. It also seems like it would be prone to failure. Or at least more prone to failure than my 13 year old Weber's simple lid hook. The old Weber is 18", though, which is starting to feel a bit small.
The lid side handle would be hard to use if the hinge was removed. You also won't have anywhere to put the lid when it's off.
Feb 6, 2019
300 posts
424 upvotes
Niagara Region
Thanks OP, ordered one last night!

I have been looking into the cover and it appears to include THIS one, worth $75. Other retailers sell the cover separately. That is an awesome bonus!
Penalty Box
Nov 5, 2018
52 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
Amowagou wrote: RFD is a Canadian forum. Please promote your American brand elsewhere.
Promote good brands. They are not giving you free because you are Canadian. So it works both ways. I assume you always buy from Canadian Tire.
Jul 29, 2012
73 posts
10 upvotes
Was on the fence but decided to jump in. Needed a charcoal grill to fill out my trifecta of Gas+Smoker+Charcoal.
Nov 28, 2003
592 posts
245 upvotes
Montreal
netherott wrote: Was on the fence but decided to jump in. Needed a charcoal grill to fill out my trifecta of Gas+Smoker+Charcoal.
Need to add a griddle.
Dec 11, 2009
939 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This napoleon bbq is huge and charcoal seems to be very expensive in Canada, how much charcoal do you need? If cooking for 2 people is this too big?
Mar 8, 2009
257 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
MoreDealsPlease wrote: This napoleon bbq is huge and charcoal seems to be very expensive in Canada, how much charcoal do you need? If cooking for 2 people is this too big?
This is pretty big for two people. You can look into charcoal baskets or a charcoal crown, to use less charcoal. Check out the weber baskets, they're cheaper than napoleon but should fit just fine.
Nov 28, 2003
592 posts
245 upvotes
Montreal
MoreDealsPlease wrote: This napoleon bbq is huge and charcoal seems to be very expensive in Canada, how much charcoal do you need? If cooking for 2 people is this too big?
This one is perfect for 2 people.
https://www.napoleon.com/en/ca/barbecue ... k18k-leg-1

This is what I have now and thinking about upgrading to the cart as it has the shelf and hinged lid and could use the extra space
Deal Addict
May 26, 2007
1162 posts
590 upvotes
Anybody already have this grill and comment on the quality? Reviews seem to be mixed about rust and tiny screws. I was also looking at the komoda jr as somebody that wants to get into charcoal but something that won't fall apart in a couple of years.
[OP]
May 25, 2010
613 posts
937 upvotes
Orillia
I have the jr and it's a pretty small grilling space

insomnia77 wrote: Anybody already have this grill and comment on the quality? Reviews seem to be mixed about rust and tiny screws. I was also looking at the komoda jr as somebody that wants to get into charcoal but something that won't fall apart in a couple of years.
May 5, 2016
312 posts
262 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
good deal for the Napoleon kettle, especially with the cart/table.

some stuff for consideration....
  • charcoal kettles are easy to handle and clean. lots of simple cooking techniques that can make extremely delicious meals.
  • kamado ceramic style cookers are my favourite. it does basically everything a charcoal kettle can do, but with tremendously better temperature insulation and amazing charcoal fuel efficiency in our cold canadian winters. scored a vision kamado on RFD many moons ago -- time machine stuff. glad i pulled the trigger, it made bbq my hobby! kamado costs more though, so that's not always an easy purchase. there's another RFD post on Kamado Joe 18".... $1000 though
  • i got a pellet smoker as recommended by RFD as well. lots of electronics and mechanisms subject to failure though. it's still good but with surprisingly more maintenance and cleaning effort than expected.
Let's get rich together on RFD. Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1201 posts
1510 upvotes
Montreal
turbo_slug wrote: The lid side handle would be hard to use if the hinge was removed. You also won't have anywhere to put the lid when it's off.
I didn't mean removing the hinge. I meant removing the the entire center ring. The hinge would stay intact.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1263 posts
676 upvotes
Vancouver
dhomas wrote: I didn't mean removing the hinge. I meant removing the the entire center ring. The hinge would stay intact.
The hinge is attached to the stainless center ring. If you remove the ring, you still need to remove the hinge to get the lid back on?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)