Parenting & Family

Is Naruto Series Comedy Books Good For 9 Years Old?

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2019 1:30 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9261 posts
4547 upvotes
Markham

Is Naruto Series Comedy Books Good For 9 Years Old?

My son starts reading Naruto comedy book( not TV show). I googled it and it seems fit for 13+. I am wondering whether content is appropriate for a 9 year old

Thanks
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1945 posts
1331 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
smartie wrote: My son starts reading Naruto comedy book( not TV show). I googled it and it seems fit for 13+. I am wondering whether content is appropriate for a 9 year old

Thanks
I use the ratings as a guide. Every kid is different. I let my kids read and watch older content as they are generally more mature, but there are certain things that freak them out so I say no to those. Best thing you can do is read one of the books with your child or even ahead of time.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it bothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Dec 12, 2005
575 posts
105 upvotes
Richmond
Try reading a few pages of the book so you can have feel and make a decision better. You know your kid better than anyone else.
Sep 30, 2001
28479 posts
7640 upvotes
Toronto
Are you ok with ninjas fighting, using weapons and (for lack of a better term) spells? Are you ok with characters dying or getting injured? The poster above is right - try reading a little bit of it and come to your own conclusion (who knows you might even like it and both of you can enjoy the story)

Also, to look better in your kids eyes, call it a manga instead of a comedy book.
We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Jun 23, 2017
209 posts
60 upvotes
I don't like it. I remember I started to read naruto when I was 13, and I still found some of the scenes in the manga book kind of bloody/violent. Btw, the english translation is worse because they translate a lot of Japanese slang into swear such as "loser","Idiot" etc.