2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

National - AIRMILES SHOPS.CA - 50 BAMs WUS $ 100 or more in one transaction @ select Stores (March 21st thru April 25th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 4:27 pm
Tags:
None
Newbie
Apr 24, 2009
94 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
PointsHubby wrote: PLACE HOLDER
For TIPS & TRICKS

* AIRMILES SHOPS.CA Shopping Portal must be signed onto BEFORE making any purchases, in order to qualify.
hello @PointsHubby

1. thank you so much for all your work - this time round, and in the past!

2. I'm looking for the detailed guidance/steps that you have posted before - re doing an airmiles shops purchase. I thought that would be an easy search - but I have failed in my attempts. Could you please add the steps here in tips and tricks, or post a link to those steps. Thank you.
Member
Mar 7, 2009
305 posts
1342 upvotes
Clarington
Keep in mind to check the exclusions Amazon has when using the Air Miles portal.

My daughter has been wanting to place an Amazon order and I made her hold off so I could use it with the MM. Unfortunately, I can't! The Amazon order would have included a $13 book (NOT allowed for air miles) and $50 worth of "groceries", also not allowed. She is ordering her brother a box of Japanese candy/snacks/chocolate for his birthday. Very nice of her! Too bad I can not use Amazon as the AirMilesShops.
Newbie
Nov 14, 2018
27 posts
10 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Reminder that Amazon likes to split orders into multiple transactions, for reasons known only to them. So if you’re buying more than one item to reach $100, with no single item priced over $100, be prepared to contact AirMiles later to fix it. I haven’t heard of anyone being denied, but many have had to contact chat and provide evidence that it was in fact one single order.
yes they just split my order into two shipments one is 99.99 the other is 1.97.......
Should I contact Airmiles right away?
Newbie
Mar 25, 2019
1 posts
So I am doing Mega Miles for both my husband and I. For my card, I purchased a $100gift card from Indigo and for his, I spent $103 (before taxes) at Well.ca.

Base miles for both transactions are posted, however I only received 4 for Indigo and 3 for well.ca....even though it is 1 or for every $20.. I am not at all concerned with the missing 3 miles, but fear somehow my purchases wont qualify for MM?

This ever happen to anyone else?
Thanks!
Newbie
Aug 7, 2018
12 posts
14 upvotes
Mickchap wrote: So I am doing Mega Miles for both my husband and I. For my card, I purchased a $100gift card from Indigo and for his, I spent $103 (before taxes) at Well.ca.

Base miles for both transactions are posted, however I only received 4 for Indigo and 3 for well.ca....even though it is 1 or for every $20.. I am not at all concerned with the missing 3 miles, but fear somehow my purchases wont qualify for MM?

This ever happen to anyone else?
Thanks!
I and my sister had the same issue buying 100.00 indigo gc during the last promotion ... they only posted 4 AM for that transaction... which ended up the system mistakenly thought it’s an under 100.00 purchase. Did a live chat and settled
Member
Sep 5, 2009
244 posts
46 upvotes
So you don’t get any notification from airmiles after the purchase? Placed an order from amazon over 100 but absolutely nothing is shown anywhere. I would think airmiles at least sends an email with acknowledgement?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1259 posts
1016 upvotes
Winnipeg
mdfaisal wrote: So you don’t get any notification from airmiles after the purchase? Placed an order from amazon over 100 but absolutely nothing is shown anywhere. I would think airmiles at least sends an email with acknowledgement?
No, airmilesshops has no tracking or notification system unfortunately. We just have to wait and hope the miles show up.
Sr. Member
Nov 29, 2006
951 posts
280 upvotes
Can you load $100 into your Amazon account and spend later, would this qualify for the 50BAM? Since Indigo qualifies for the 50BAM,
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4729 posts
2303 upvotes
Kelly M wrote: No, airmilesshops has no tracking or notification system unfortunately. We just have to wait and hope the miles show up.
Should be pray :). AMS is the worst compared with Ebates or GCR
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4729 posts
2303 upvotes
pcbc168 wrote: Can you load $100 into your Amazon account and spend later, would this qualify for the 50BAM? Since Indigo qualifies for the 50BAM,
GC from amazon doesn’t count. Only GC from Indigo works I think and even so, some folks at AMS can’t do math properly. Apparently $100 only get you 4 AM even it’s 1AM for every $20 purchase. People will have to call or chat later on to fix that
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1662 posts
143 upvotes
PeterJ33537 wrote: yes they just split my order into two shipments one is 99.99 the other is 1.97.......
Should I contact Airmiles right away?
Also wondering about this. Are we able to buy from many vendors to reach the required $100? I assume this sort of order would be split, because of the different delivery routes.
Newbie
Mar 20, 2019
2 posts
This may have been answered before, but i couldnt find it anywhere. How do you ensure that the link from airmiles shop.ca worked? I mean when you go to airmiles shop.ca it routes you to the partner website and then you are actually placing the order on the partner website (Hudsons Bay for example). How does the system track that you were re directed from airmiles shop.ca? there is no indication on the partner website or the order receipt...
Sr. Member
Jul 27, 2016
698 posts
625 upvotes
Kanata
RazaH43505 wrote: This may have been answered before, but i couldnt find it anywhere. How do you ensure that the link from airmiles shop.ca worked? I mean when you go to airmiles shop.ca it routes you to the partner website and then you are actually placing the order on the partner website (Hudsons Bay for example). How does the system track that you were re directed from airmiles shop.ca? there is no indication on the partner website or the order receipt...
You don't. Just take screenshots of your actions and set them aside... Worse case, you have to contact AM by chat and they may ask you for proof of purchase.

I also did airmilesshops.ca for the last STB and I had to contact them since my 50 BAM did not post. I however was not asked to provide any proof; they took my word for it :)

PS: Make sure you have adblock turned off. It's pretty much guaranteed not to work if you have adblock turned on for any of the sites.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 6, 2005
1590 posts
392 upvotes
St. John's
I did Staples through AMShops on the 21st. Staples miles (not through AMShops) posted within a day or two, still waiting on AMShops miles. Hopefully I don't have to chase them down again.
Newbie
Nov 14, 2018
27 posts
10 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote: Also wondering about this. Are we able to buy from many vendors to reach the required $100? I assume this sort of order would be split, because of the different delivery routes.
did a live chat
was told it would count even the order was split if not, contact them they will fix it for us.

Top