2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

National - AIRMILESSHOPS.CA - 50 BAMs WUS $100 or more in a single transaction (Nov 14th to Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2020 10:16 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 26, 2014
904 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ok so my 359.99+1amazon order shipped separately. And only got 340/20=17bm and extra miles. When I looked back amazon they even have different order numbers. What do I do for now? Contact amazon or airmiles?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6488 posts
2349 upvotes
Montreal
Looking at an order with H&M, AM says reward wont work if item is already in cart. Just spent almost an hour doing my cart lol Can I move my items to favorite list, then add it back to cart once I went through AMS?
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14615 posts
11819 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Madevilz wrote: Looking at an order with H&M, AM says reward wont work if item is already in cart. Just spent almost an hour doing my cart lol Can I move my items to favorite list, then add it back to cart once I went through AMS?
Best bet ... NO

Take a screen shot *, and Erase them.

* so you know what you want to put into your cart, as quickly as possible once you start shopping

And then follow the instructions for the purest connection possible = best results
From this topic under TIPS & TRICKS in Reply # 2

If going after the STB Offer, be sure to begin on the STB Website @ the AMShops Coupon HOW TO USE & CLICK HERE after the coupon flips.

This will ensure you go thru the STB Portal.
Feb 16, 2011
189 posts
93 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Should work as the Staples Offer does say good instore or online
(NOTE the exclusions on their Coupon / Offer though for various products including GCs)

So ya spend $ 100+ and you can DOUBLE DIP on this one by going thru the STB Website www.shoptheblock.ca AMShops Offer HOW TO USE and the CLICK HERE Shopping Portal

Look thru this thread for other Tips & Tricks for best success for shopping @ AMShops

Also ... you should be aware that in past BIG BONUS Events ... there have been sometimes issues with Staples website not being ready to go at the beginning of the offer ... in that there was no spot to type in the coupon code. So you might be best doing this not in the first few days.

But ya ... these two should STACK ... so your money spent @ STAPLES will earn you 2 STB PARTNER COUNTS
I did Staples spend $100 via airmilesshop using multiplier for black Friday. Got the air miles shop points. However Staples did not post. Followed up with the Staples CSR and they provided me with 25 miles credit as " compliments of Staples Canada"
Will this count as one offer?
What did the Staples STB offer of +25 bonus say

Edit: if any one availed of this offer then what did it say on your statement against the bonus AM?
Last edited by vudeshie on Dec 15th, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarification on my question
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14615 posts
11819 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
vudeshie wrote: I did Staples spend $100 via airmilesshop using multiplier for black Friday. Got the air miles shop points. However Staples did not post. Followed up with the Staples CSR and they provided me with 25 miles credit as " compliments of Staples Canada"
Will this count as one offer?
What did the Staples STB offer of +25 bonus say?
Staples so far has only had 2 STB 2019 Offers

* 15 BAMs WUS $ 40+ on Custom Holiday Photo Gifts ... valid Instore & Online (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)
STB 2019 SUB FORUM Thread = https://forums.redflagdeals.com/nationa ... h-2328762/
And
* 25 BAs WUS $ 100+ Valid instore & Online (Dec 3rd thru Dec 23rd)
Currently no separate thread in the STB 2019 SUB FORUM

Both are still active ... so they appear on the STB Website = www.shoptheblock.ca *

If you did this Offer thru AirMiles Shops.ca as part of their STB Promo
* 50 BAMs WUS $ 100+ in a single transaction

Then spending over $ 100 SHOULD net you 2 opportunities to collect AMs & STB BONUSES and 2 PARTNER COUNTS

STAPLES is often slow to POST miles
Cuz they have a longer Reporting Schedule with AMs
And also cuz they often BATCH POST during BIG BONUS EVENTS

If the AMs CSRep gave you missing miles ... NOW
That’s highly unusual

And their doing so is NO GUARANTEE that you’ll get the PARTNER COUNT if it didn’t POST as it should have thru STAPLES

My best advice ... hang onto your receipts & screen shots
You’ll probably need them come 90 - 120 Days (end of March to end of April) to prove your case to get the PARTNER COUNT and any BIG BONUS Event Miles

* NOTE - When a STB Offer is no longer active ... it gets “greyed out” on the STB Website ... but still appears under the PARTNER’s logo and can still be read
May 19, 2009
648 posts
891 upvotes
Vancouver
So there's a $20 off $80 promo code posted in the Hot Deals section for Staples. Would it count towards STB to buy $120+ (-$20) via airmilesship website using that promo code? Thanks :)
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
910 posts
1000 upvotes
Kanata
sherri-chan wrote: So there's a $20 off $80 promo code posted in the Hot Deals section for Staples. Would it count towards STB to buy $120+ (-$20) via airmilesship website using that promo code? Thanks :)
The Staples website I believe only allows 1 coupon code to be entered. If you check the fine print of the Staples STB coupon it reads "offer cannot be combined with any other coupon". But I've only ever bought once or twice from Stooples so there may be tricks out there I'm not aware of.

Also fyi, using the code 71400 will give you $25 off a purchase of $75 until Dec 17.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6488 posts
2349 upvotes
Montreal
Well this sucks, ordered with H&M and they cancelled 2 of my items bumping my order below $100. Fml
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5061 posts
2687 upvotes
I ordered big TV from eBay on Black Friday and needed 20x to push the account to Onyx (400 AM short) but still no sign of any AM today. I am contemplating if I should do missfresh for 500AM just in case
May 19, 2009
648 posts
891 upvotes
Vancouver
mkl38s wrote: I ordered big TV from eBay on Black Friday and needed 20x to push the account to Onyx (400 AM short) but still no sign of any AM today. I am contemplating if I should do missfresh for 500AM just in case
I did eBay last year and the BAM never posted. It was a spare so I didn't bother contacting airmiles about it.
I think Missfresh for 500AM is worth while, you can just do one week, then put all your future orders on hold, and then cancel your account after all BAM are posted. I unfortunately already subscribed to Missfresh once before so can't utilize it.
Aug 17, 2006
698 posts
137 upvotes
I made a $101.75 purchase at Indigo and as others have reported did not receive the full miles. The order was split in 2 parts and I used a gift card to pay $13 so either of those could also have been a factor.

An Airmiles agent just resolved it in chat and confirmed they would send an e-mail to ensure I received the Shop the Block offer as well. In my experience Airmiles makes a lot of mistakes but they have always been willing to correct them for me.

I'm pleasantly surprised that except for this little glitch all the StB offers I completed, 7 offers x 2 accounts, have already been posted. In the past many have not posted until after the promo ended. I guess they've set the bar pretty low in the past so it doesn't take much :)
"The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."
-Bill Strickland
Feb 16, 2011
189 posts
93 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Staples so far has only had 2 STB 2019 Offers

* 15 BAMs WUS $ 40+ on Custom Holiday Photo Gifts ... valid Instore & Online (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)
STB 2019 SUB FORUM Thread = national-staples-15-bams-wus-40-custom- ... h-2328762/
And
* 25 BAs WUS $ 100+ Valid instore & Online (Dec 3rd thru Dec 23rd)
Currently no separate thread in the STB 2019 SUB FORUM

Both are still active ... so they appear on the STB Website = www.shoptheblock.ca *

If you did this Offer thru AirMiles Shops.ca as part of their STB Promo
* 50 BAMs WUS $ 100+ in a single transaction

Then spending over $ 100 SHOULD net you 2 opportunities to collect AMs & STB BONUSES and 2 PARTNER COUNTS

STAPLES is often slow to POST miles
Cuz they have a longer Reporting Schedule with AMs
And also cuz they often BATCH POST during BIG BONUS EVENTS

If the AMs CSRep gave you missing miles ... NOW
That’s highly unusual

And their doing so is NO GUARANTEE that you’ll get the PARTNER COUNT if it didn’t POST as it should have thru STAPLES

My best advice ... hang onto your receipts & screen shots
You’ll probably need them come 90 - 120 Days (end of March to end of April) to prove your case to get the PARTNER COUNT and any BIG BONUS Event Miles

* NOTE - When a STB Offer is no longer active ... it gets “greyed out” on the STB Website ... but still appears under the PARTNER’s logo and can still be read
Actually, 25 BAM was posted by Staples CSR "compliments of staples Canada"
Still waiting for the 50BAM for the purchase from airmilesshop. That has not posted as yet

Has anyone on this forum done the Staples 25BAM WU$ $100 offer? Have your miles posted? If so what did it say?
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2004
1741 posts
306 upvotes
Has anyone experienced this situation before?

I placed an Amazon.ca order for $151.65 and they broke my order into 3 shipments. So far I have received AMs for one shipment totaling around $25.xx

10 Dec 19 AIRMILESSHOPS.CA AMAZON.CA 1 REWARD MILE FOR EVERY $20 +1
10 Dec 19 AIRMILESSHOPS.CA AMAZON.CA DOUBLE REWARD MILES +1

This partner offer is based on a single transaction over $100 (which it was) but I'm worried that I will have to fight because each shipment is less than $100 and Amazon.ca charged me individually for each shipment.
Has anyone had this count for the partner offer without a problem?

TIA...
Sword of Omens....Give me deals beyond deals!
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14615 posts
11819 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
modano9 wrote: Has anyone experienced this situation before?

I placed an Amazon.ca order for $151.65 and they broke my order into 3 shipments. So far I have received AMs for one shipment totaling around $25.xx

10 Dec 19 AIRMILESSHOPS.CA AMAZON.CA 1 REWARD MILE FOR EVERY $20 +1
10 Dec 19 AIRMILESSHOPS.CA AMAZON.CA DOUBLE REWARD MILES +1

This partner offer is based on a single transaction over $100 (which it was) but I'm worried that I will have to fight because each shipment is less than $100 and Amazon.ca charged me individually for each shipment.
Has anyone had this count for the partner offer without a problem?

TIA...
You are not alone ...

This happens EVERY TIME AirMiles Sops.ca has a promotion and folks use Amazon
(Other AMShops Retailers break up orders & POST AMs separately too ... like Chapters / Indigo
But rarely does anyone have to fight with them to get the full amount due ... or the PARTNER COUNT )

Quite honestly I find Amazon a PITA to deal with on AMShops Promotions
So usually avid them
Alongside a few other Stores in the AMShops list (EBay - Canada Post - The Mint - Apple - even Staples)
THEY ALL HAVE POSTING ISSUES
Be it slow to POST - NEVER POST - or POST Incorrectly

I got better things to do with my time 120 Days down the road (End of April 2020)
Than be chasing Missing Miles

The good news tho is ... IF you have your receipts & screen shots you should be fine
And AirMiles Shops,Ca will give you the Miles they owe you
A little tougher sometimes to get the PARTNER COUNT
But they should come around if you can provide details on what the other 2, 4, or 6 were
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14615 posts
11819 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@mikka2017 POST RELOCATED by Points Hubby - December 15th
Moved to be in the correct thread for Questions on the AirMiles Shops.ca STB Offer
(Whereas the AIRMILES COMING SOON Thread is meant for STB Offers that don’t currently have a dedicated thread)
mikka2017 wrote: does anyone know if u buy from ebay, from 5 different sellers but the final total was over 100$ that counts as one purchase over 100$ right? i want to qualify for the shopairmiles offer....i looked at my paypal transaction and its split into 5 different small payments... i hope i get that offer.... i didn't want to buy one item from one seller over 100$, it was too difficult lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)