2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

National - AIRMILESSHOPS.CA - 50 BAMs WUS $100 or more in a single transaction (Nov 14th to Dec 27th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2020 10:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1311 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto
madcow0000 wrote: Purchased at Staples online, through Airmilesshops portal. Purchase before tax was about 140. 2 Items, both shipped together, one of which was 104 before tax.

Got 2 base miles. No bonuses yet.

Also, over the course of STB, made at least 10 other purchases that qualify for the 50 bonus miles through airmilesshops portal.
Doesn't make sense as to why you only had 2 base miles posted if your purchase was >$60...that tells me you had something ineligible in your cart or you returned something....

If you made 10 other purchases that show at least 5 base miles, then you should get the bonus 50, or at least it will be easy to get it applied via chat. Though I hope you know that you would only get one 50 bonus, no matter how many >$100 before tax purchases you made.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15200 posts
12357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Electrah wrote: Doesn't make sense as to why you only had 2 base miles posted if your purchase was >$60...that tells me you had something ineligible in your cart or you returned something....

If you made 10 other purchases that show at least 5 base miles, then you should get the bonus 50, or at least it will be easy to get it applied via chat. Though I hope you know that you would only get one 50 bonus, no matter how many >$100 before tax purchases you made.
FYI : Staples = 1 AM / $ 40 Spend
So it’s 2 AMs Base between $ 80 and $ 120
The AMShops STB 2019 Offer required a $ 100 single transaction *

The rest of your reply, I agree with

* This brings up another thought:
@madcow0000
If you bought @ Staples thru AMShops ...
You should see Base Miles being POSTED for BOTH Staples (1 AM / $ 40)
For ANY Purchase ... including those not using a promotion
As well as AMShops (1 AM / $ 20 )
Did you get them BOTH ?

That might be a clue... as to what went off the rails
Jr. Member
Feb 11, 2015
172 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PointsHubby wrote: FYI : Staples = 1 AM / $ 40 Spend
I remember that used to be the case, but now it is 1AM / $20 spend (https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/shops/staples). I wonder when they've changed it.

EDIT: I get it now, you mean Staples gives you 1AM per $40 spent, not AMS. I thought AMS was also giving 1AM per $40 spend, but that does not seem to be the case.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15200 posts
12357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
nightshademi wrote: I remember that used to be the case, but now it is 1AM / $20 spend (https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/shops/staples). I wonder when they've changed it.

EDIT: I get it now, you mean Staples gives you 1AM per $40 spent, not AMS. I thought AMS was also giving 1AM per $40 spend, but that does not seem to be the case.
Ya Staples as a FULL PARTNER is 1 AM / $ 40
AMShops is 1 AM / $ 20

If one shops @ Staples via AMShops website
Then you can double dip
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Newbie
Jan 12, 2016
56 posts
37 upvotes
North York, ON
PointsHubby wrote: If you used the STB Portal, that means AMShops / AirMiles
Has a record of this transaction

It’s “technically early” in the scheme of things to be filing a Missing Miles Report
For ANY of the Bonus Miles owed (be it the Multiplier or the 50 BAMs)
BUT ... I think in this case I would
Use LIVE CHAT or PHONE in
Ask them what’s going on
Tell them al you’ve said here
And that others on RFD have gotten their 50 BAMs
Meanwhile you have neither that or even the straight up Multiplier BAMs

Worse case ... they’ll blow you off until the 60 / 90 Day mark
Citing their rules on POSTING for AMShops purchases

Keep us posted

PS ... if they MANUAL POST any Miles be sure and get them to make a note on your file ... WHY
So hopefully you won’t have to call in later to get the 7th PARTNER COUNT as well for any Missing BB BAMs
Just got the base miles from Airmilesshops manually posted. The customer service person said they'll be investigating the 50 BAM. Not sure when though.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 11, 2004
770 posts
571 upvotes
Quebec City
Still nothing for two accounts (purchases at Staples and Amazon)
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15200 posts
12357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
jakeoh wrote: Still nothing for two accounts (purchases at Staples and Amazon)
Ya both Staples & Amazon have a poor POSTING History with AMShops

Maybe time time to start asking questions with AMs LIVE Chat
Sr. Member
May 19, 2009
673 posts
902 upvotes
Vancouver
PointsHubby wrote: Ya Staples as a FULL PARTNER is 1 AM / $ 40
AMShops is 1 AM / $ 20

If one shops @ Staples via AMShops website
Then you can double dip
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
This is exactly what I did. The Staples purchase via AMS didn't register. I decided to wait it out, but since I saw on the app that I only got 800 BAMs instead of 1200 BAMs I know they truly didn't register.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15200 posts
12357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sherri-chan wrote: This is exactly what I did. The Staples purchase via AMS didn't register. I decided to wait it out, but since I saw on the app that I only got 800 BAMs instead of 1200 BAMs I know they truly didn't register.
As you only got 800 BB BAMs and not 1200 BB BAMs
(5 Partner Counts vs 7 )

Guessing you may have also went direct to the AirMiles Shops.ca to make your purchase then
And not via the STB 2019 AirMiles Shops.ca Offer Link (aka STB Portal)
On the STB 2019 website

It’s a common error
But can cause a lot of headaches for folks later needing to chase down miles & partner counts

The PORTALS are an IMPERATIVE part of the process
To getting things to POST quickly & correctly ... the first time
During Big Bonus Events
Sr. Member
May 19, 2009
673 posts
902 upvotes
Vancouver
PointsHubby wrote: As you only got 800 BB BAMs and not 1200 BB BAMs
(5 Partner Counts vs 7 )

Guessing you may have also went direct to the AirMiles Shops.ca to make your purchase then
And not via the STB 2019 AirMiles Shops.ca Offer Link (aka STB Portal)
On the STB 2019 website

It’s a common error
But can cause a lot of headaches for folks later needing to chase down miles & partner counts

The PORTALS are an IMPERATIVE part of the process
To getting things to POST quickly & correctly ... the first time
During Big Bonus Events
I think I did use the portal via STB but of course, I didn't record myself doing it (lol) so I can't say 100% for sure.

So let's say I didn't use the portal, is it still worthwhile to contact AirMiles customer service to try to get those 400 + 50 (AMS) + 5 ($20 per point) BAMS? I don't really want to waste time contacting them unless I can get the 455 BAMs ($45.50 worth) for sure... and for people who tried contacting AirMiles customer service, was it quick and painless or super tedious?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15200 posts
12357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sherri-chan wrote: I think I did use the portal via STB but of course, I didn't record myself doing it (lol) so I can't say 100% for sure.

So let's say I didn't use the portal, is it still worthwhile to contact AirMiles customer service to try to get those 400 + 50 (AMS) + 5 ($20 per point) BAMS? I don't really want to waste time contacting them unless I can get the 455 BAMs ($45.50 worth) for sure... and for people who tried contacting AirMiles customer service, was it quick and painless or super tedious?
Yes, either way your purchase with AMShops will qualify for STB if you made the minimum requirement
Which was spend $ 100+ in one transaction

It’s just ... that when folks use the BIG BONUS Event Portals
They tend to get the best results in terms of speed ... and accuracy

So just something to remember for MegaMiles

PS ... you are not alone
The majority of issues I see is because people “just wing it”
And assume they’ll qualify
AirMiles usually gives them the Miles if they have proof
BUT ... those who READ & FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ... USE PORTALS etc
Always have the best results

I haven’t had to chase Missing Miles for quite some time after I became more DILIGENT
So worth the effort
And a big headache saver later

Which can be waiting on HOLD for HOURS with AMs waiting for a CSRep to talk to
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 11, 2004
770 posts
571 upvotes
Quebec City
In my case, this is not about AirmilesShop... even base miles are missing for Staples.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1069 posts
792 upvotes
Durham Region
Well as usual AM screwed me, just got 800 bonus miles.
Did 8 offers, they screwed up airmilesshops purchase and rexall. Rexall was posted for 20 miles but not as STB, airmilesshops there never was a record or anything like I mentioned in the thread a couple weeks ago

Also still have not got a couple of the other personalized bonus offers through BMO etc
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15200 posts
12357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
networksend wrote: Well as usual AM screwed me, just got 800 bonus miles.
Did 8 offers, they screwed up airmilesshops purchase and rexall. Rexall was posted for 20 miles but not as STB, airmilesshops there never was a record or anything like I mentioned in the thread a couple weeks ago

Also still have not got a couple of the other personalized bonus offers through BMO etc
FYI ...

There is a dedicated thread for Reporting POSTING RESULTS
(This one is JUST for the STB 2019 AirMiles Shops.ca offer)

‼️AMs SHOP THE BLOCK 2019 POSTING POLL ... Check in here
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/c-aeams ... e-2354870/

Look forward to you joining the conversation there

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)