• Jan 28th, 2018 8:07 pm
Tags:
None
27 replies
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
80 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
EdisonL299 wrote: Cold. Rogers MC beats it.
It's cold if your a Rodgers customer. This is a no fee card that give 1.5% back for online purchases that's pretty good.
I play the video games H2, WC3. I bank with low fee or no fee banks like Implicity. If you got questions ask.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1321 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
+1, this card also come with extend warranty. not too bad for a cashback CC.
Simple is the best.
Mar 13, 2016
39 posts
9 upvotes
Agree. Not a bad card for someone who does a lot of online shopping but does not want to pay an annual fee for a higher rate card.

On a somewhat related question......does anyone know if National Bank show pending transactions for their credit cards? Just curious......if I become interested in this card in the future. Thanks in advance.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2014
468 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
banknerd wrote: Agree. Not a bad card for someone who does a lot of online shopping but does not want to pay an annual fee for a higher rate card.

On a somewhat related question......does anyone know if National Bank show pending transactions for their credit cards? Just curious......if I become interested in this card in the future. Thanks in advance.
No, they don't. Their banking system is quite archaic.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4919 posts
2451 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Wish this card was available last month when I switch from Platinum to Edition... not worth an additional hard inquiry.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2014
468 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Wish this card was available last month when I switch from Platinum to Edition... not worth an additional hard inquiry.
Were you able to switch without an application and inquiry?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4919 posts
2451 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
here2day wrote: Were you able to switch without an application and inquiry?
I had to go in a branch because I have the engineer account and apparently have to do everything in a branch (even cancel).
I had to fill a form and they did a hard inquiry... which I find odd because I downgraded (Platinum 5000$ limit to Edition 500$ limit).
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1321 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
The National always do the hard hit, not matter new application or switch. Always.
Simple is the best.
Mar 13, 2016
39 posts
9 upvotes
Hi

For those that have a credit card with National Bank, how generous (or not) are they with credit limits? Thanks.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2014
468 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
banknerd wrote: Hi

For those that have a credit card with National Bank, how generous (or not) are they with credit limits? Thanks.
They're pretty reasonable. I would recommend applying in branch if you're not a customer as they need to record ID.
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I used to have their professional package, however, they dont allow switch card, we have to do a cancel-and-reply, impossible to switch. Finally, I cancelled the Platinum card without reapplying another one.

MoneyHypeMike wrote: I had to go in a branch because I have the engineer account and apparently have to do everything in a branch (even cancel).
I had to fill a form and they did a hard inquiry... which I find odd because I downgraded (Platinum 5000$ limit to Edition 500$ limit).
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5688 posts
4201 upvotes
I think the guy who named this card is a php programmer lol.
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
80 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
Poutinesauce wrote: The bigger problem is that I have absolutely no faith that their system will detect the purchases that were made online any reliably.
I read up on this. The online purchases that are not covered are:

All purchases related to a trip made with or without a travel agency (air transportation, accommodation and vehicle rental), purchases related to transportation (bus, metro, train) and repetitive payments (online subscriptions and automatic bill payments).

https://www.nbc.ca/content/dam/bnc/en/p ... ewards.pdf

I think it should be easy to tell if the purchase was completed online. Purchases that don't use a chip or a pin or a magnetic strip or anything involving the physical card would be consider a online purchase I would assume. It does only cover up to 25,000 a year however.
I play the video games H2, WC3. I bank with low fee or no fee banks like Implicity. If you got questions ask.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4919 posts
2451 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Got an advertisement while browsing RFD:

Offer #1

6% cashback on online purchase for the first 3 months (up to 4.5k): https://www.nbc.ca/content/bnc/en/accue ... Input=IRFV
This promotion is open to anyone who does not have a National Bank Mastercard credit card who signs up for an ECHO Cashback Mastercard credit card between April 3 and June 4, 2017. The cashback offer can be applied to eligible online purchases charged to the ECHO Cashback Mastercard credit card account within 90 days of enrolment, up to a total of $4,500 in eligible purchases. Subsequent eligible online purchases are subject to the regular cashback rate of up to 1.5%. Certain restrictions apply. This promotion cannot be combined with any other National Bank offer, promotion or advantage. Limited-time offer. National Bank reserves the right to end this promotion at any time without notice. Exclusions: travel-related purchases, whether through a travel agency or not (e.g. airfare, accommodation, vehicle rentals), transportation-related purchases (e.g. public transport fares), recurring payments (e.g. memberships, automatic bill payments) and deposits to a digital wallet service other than Masterpass. For more information about this promotion and eligible purchases, see the accumulation table.
Offer #2:

25$ cashback: https://www.nbc.ca/campaign/echo25.html
The promotion is valid from April 3 to June 4, 2017. This promotion is open to anyone who does not have a National Bank Mastercard credit card. To receive a credit of $25, the cardholder must charge a minimum of $500 to his or her ECHO Cashback Mastercard credit card account within 90 days of enrolment. This promotion cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion from National Bank. The promotion covers purchases only. Balance transfers and cash advances are excluded. Limit of one $25 credit per ECHO Cashback Mastercard credit card account during the promotion. National Bank reserves the right to end this promotion at any time without notice. For more information about this promotion and eligible purchases, see the accumulation table.
Offer #1 is pretty nice...
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2456 posts
839 upvotes
Whitehorse
I am surprised they don't disincentivise automatic payments and travel bookings. What's the reason?