Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
National Bank

Get up to $350 when you open a National Bank chequing account

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2021 11:35 am
Tags:
None
May 30, 2017
800 posts
540 upvotes

[National Bank] Get up to $350 when you open a National Bank chequing account

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 30, 2020
Retailer:
National Bank
More offers from National Bank
Open The Total account and complete the conditions to receive $350 in cashback ($25.95/month or $0 with a balance of $6000+)

Open a Connected Account and complete the conditions to receive $300 cashback. ($14.95/month or $0 with a balance of $4500+)

1st Cashback conditions.

After opening your new chequing account and choose an eligible product you must: 

Carry out at least one transaction in your chequing account (Interest and banking fees charged to the account are not considered eligible transactions.)

Conditions to obtain the additional cashback.

You must:

Set up one (1) recurring and automatic direct deposit of your payroll or monthly recurring pension

You benefit of 60 days following the chequing account opening to meet the offer conditions and obtain the cashback.

Cashbacks will be done in one (1) deposit in your new National Bank chequing account within 120 days of the opening date of your chequing account.

Commitment:

To be granted the cashback, you must maintain the eligible products and services, and not make any changes related to these products and services for a minimum of 12 months after signing up for them. If you do not meet this condition, you will have to repay to the Bank an amount corresponding to the period in which you did not keep your eligible products and services, within 30 days of receiving the request for payment. 

Clients who have benefit from a cashback offer on their chequing account since November 1st 2017 are not eligible to this offer
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 17th, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cleaned up URL
18 replies
Mar 14, 2009
614 posts
984 upvotes
Halifax
Anyone know if you can open without a branch visit?
May 20, 2006
316 posts
529 upvotes
Edmonton
dillybravo wrote: Anyone know if you can open without a branch visit?
Yes you can open an account online as long as you connect it to an account at another bank. The better question would be if you can close the account without visiting a branch as all their FAQ says about closing an account is to visit a branch.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
Near You
looks like the usual 300 or so for opening an account for 12 months. Not a bad return. Guess I'm in for one.

Thanks, OP!
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
1278 posts
2626 upvotes
I don't have a branch near me, can I do everything online or is picking up a debit card required?

Also how long do the recurring direct deposits have to be deposited? After the bonus, or for the full 12 months?
To be granted the cashback, you must maintain the eligible products and services, and not make any changes related to these products and services for a minimum of 12 months after signing up for them. If you do not meet this condition, you will have to repay to the Bank an amount corresponding to the period in which you did not keep your eligible products and services, within 30 days of receiving the request for payment. 
Wondering if this means keeping recurring direct deposits going too. Most banks require it for only 2-3 months
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10745 posts
7903 upvotes
Global Village
Warning, NBC has historically been difficult to deal with for unpaid bonuses. Anyone signing up for this should keep track of dates when they completed all requirements and promptly escalate if their bonus hasn't been paid within 120 days.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2171 posts
874 upvotes
I got my bonus easily but closing the account was troublesome for me.
First of all, most of the branches only open til like 3pm (wtf???) and then when I managed to go to one during lunch hour and close it, I get a message saying I have a negative balance due to unpaid monthly fees a month and 2 months later. Apparently they had not clicked on the final confirmation button or something the first time I tried to cancel it lol.

350$ is still 350$ so I will probably try it again when I become eligible again in 1.5 yrs but just wanted to share my experience from last time.
Aug 17, 2019
14 posts
4 upvotes
The sign up website asked for my debit card expiration but it was never given to me. Anyone else figure this out?
Aug 17, 2019
14 posts
4 upvotes
jdilly69 wrote: The sign up website asked for my debit card expiration but it was never given to me. Anyone else figure this out?
I'm on hold with them right now and they seem just as confused as me
Apr 25, 2016
240 posts
329 upvotes
taxland
I had lots of problems with their last $300 promotion. As others have said hard to close the account and I also got dinged account fees because they did not close account properly. The people in branch only work until 3pm and seemed to care less as to them I should be happy I got the $300. Not worth the aggravation IMO.
Aug 17, 2019
14 posts
4 upvotes
jdilly69 wrote: I'm on hold with them right now and they seem just as confused as me
apparently you dont need to sign up for online banking within 1 hour even though the email said so. The agent said just to sign up when i get my card in the mail. i better get this 350!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1013 posts
1562 upvotes
I don't know if this is of any consequence, but it seems a little telling of how they operate and what people have experienced.

I'm looking under The Total account and it was not fully translated into English. Sloppiness.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.

Now, you've got ven more options whn paying for transit with PRESTO contactless payment on UP Express.
Jun 12, 2015
801 posts
371 upvotes
Mississauga
jessicacha wrote: I got my bonus easily but closing the account was troublesome for me.
First of all, most of the branches only open til like 3pm (wtf???) and then when I managed to go to one during lunch hour and close it, I get a message saying I have a negative balance due to unpaid monthly fees a month and 2 months later. Apparently they had not clicked on the final confirmation button or something the first time I tried to cancel it lol.

350$ is still 350$ so I will probably try it again when I become eligible again in 1.5 yrs but just wanted to share my experience from last time.
Don't you have to keep it open for the 12 months? They may Clawback the offer
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2011
1957 posts
1902 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow these accounts are so much worse than the ones from the other big banks. No free unlimited etransfers on the second highest tier account?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2171 posts
874 upvotes
Tigre1215 wrote: Don't you have to keep it open for the 12 months? They may Clawback the offer
I meant that 1 month and 2 months after I closed my account, the account was still open. So at 13th and 14th months.
Mar 28, 2008
629 posts
415 upvotes
Would Canada child benefit (CCB) count as eligible direct deposit?
Jan 17, 2010
234 posts
152 upvotes
anyone received the second bonus yet?
Dec 31, 2003
973 posts
87 upvotes
Markham
opened The Total account on Oct 31, received the $350 bonus in one deposit on Dec 21, that's only 51 days.
Dec 11, 2018
13 posts
6 upvotes
Coquitlam
This is a dumb question: I opened the Total account with NBC in Oct 27, 2020, and I believe I could close this account in Nov, 2021 since I have opened the account for a minimum of 12 months?

Anyone has closed their account with NBC yet?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)