Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
National Bank

National Bank of Canada - Get up to $350 bonus cash (NO PAYROLL CHANGE REQUIRED!!!)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 1:05 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
Ytterbium wrote: Did this is Waterloo today and they were really pushing me to hookup my payroll.

I was told by the rep I can't get a bank card until I did this.

I deposited the min balance via cheque and another person said I could come back and get the bank card once the cheque has cleared.

Kinda annoying that I need to come back in order to get a bank card / activate the online account.
There is no such requirement to switch payroll or to do anything to get a bank card.
Dec 20, 2015
851 posts
687 upvotes
kulb wrote: There is no such requirement to switch payroll or to do anything to get a bank card.
I knew this and didn't switch my payroll but what can I do if two people refuse to give me a bank card? Kinda ridiculous money grab that didn't work on me. Hopefully the next reps don't give me any issues.
Jan 20, 2006
985 posts
357 upvotes
Montreal
If you're above $2500 requirement, you should not need to pay monthly charge, no?
JamesPlomppy wrote: Almost, here's a corrected version:

-Take a utility bill/financial statement that has your address on it+ID of course.
-Apply in branch - no appointment necessary really but most representatives at NBC branches are useless/lazy and may not help you unless you have an appointment.
-Optional for another $100 (but there's going to be a hard credit inquiry): Apply for the c.card at the same time you're applying for the bank accounts (promo code acq1, but not really needed). Make sure it's one of the cards that don't have a monthly fee.
-Load 2520$ in the checking account and leave it open for >12 months.
-After activating the debit card and choosing a pin, withdraw $20 from the atm.
-Withdraw remaining cash after opening?
-wait for $350 bonus in your checking account.

EDIT: Important note: deposit those $2520 (or at least $2500) using e-transfer the same day you open the account to avoid a monthly fee.
Dec 15, 2008
652 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is everyone leaving the $2,500 in the account for a year to waive the monthly fee?
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Anyone who already opened the accounts, did you ALL get a welcome email titled "promotional acquisition offer" ??

Our household opened 3. 2 members got the email, one did not. All 3 accounts were opened at the same time, same branch, same advisor, same procedure.

Anyone who opened accounts for the offer and did NOT get a similar email?

We all applied for all 3 items (chequing, savings, credit card).
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1775 posts
242 upvotes
hey fellow rfd'ers. quick question, for those that did this and got the bonus, how long does it take to get?

also some applied for the Echo no fee Mastercard, but does that card qualify for the extra $100? one of the conditions state:
2. You will obtain a cashback of $100 if you do not have a credit card and you sign up for a National Bank Mastercard® credit card or replace an existing card with one of National Bank's eligible Mastercard credit cards (Platinum, World®, or World Elite®), and activate it. Credit cards offered with National Bank financial packages are included in the offer.
thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
2506 posts
1280 upvotes
ON
I don't know how I missed this one till now. Well I am going to sign up this week.
Hard to say no to 10% interest tax free, but it will be a looooong 12 months.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Sonbuster wrote: hey fellow rfd'ers. quick question, for those that did this and got the bonus, how long does it take to get?

also some applied for the Echo no fee Mastercard, but does that card qualify for the extra $100? one of the conditions state:

thanks
That's only if you already have a National Bank CC already and you "replace an existing card with one of National Bank's eligible Mastercard credit cards (Platinum, World®, or World Elite®), and activate it".
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1775 posts
242 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: That's only if you already have a National Bank CC already and you "replace an existing card with one of National Bank's eligible Mastercard credit cards (Platinum, World®, or World Elite®), and activate it".
got it thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1975 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Is this still available? And moreso, is there a welcome bonus on any of their CCs that you can stack with the $100?
Oct 22, 2006
177 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone got their free money yet?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
bbgunner wrote: Anyone got their free money yet?
I was told at least 60 days after you completed the requirement, which means the counting start after you did a debit transaction on your chequing account.
Aug 30, 2009
456 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
hey guys, just curious, how this bank compare to other big 5 ?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2781 posts
2300 upvotes
Winnipeg
metallica86 wrote: hey guys, just curious, how this bank compare to other big 5 ?
No issues with the account. However if you want to do anything or make changes you usually have to go through the home branch...and make an appointment. So if you are used to getting things done online or by phone... You may not like this bank
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Aug 30, 2009
456 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Shawguy wrote: No issues with the account. However if you want to do anything or make changes you usually have to go through the home branch...and make an appointment. So if you are used to getting things done online or by phone... You may not like this bank
Thanks man, the thing worry me the most is access to their ATM, they have limited ATM and if I use any non NBC ATM, do they charge any fee ?

Also do you guys have any mortgage with them ?

cheers
Jan 6, 2013
88 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
metallica86 wrote: Thanks man, the thing worry me the most is access to their ATM, they have limited ATM and if I use any non NBC ATM, do they charge any fee ?

Also do you guys have any mortgage with them ?

cheers
They are on the exchange network. Any ATM's coming under exchange network allows you to freely use their ATM's without any additional charges.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
So, after reading a few pages back, it seems there are instances where family members all opened accounts at the same time, but only a portion of them received the confirmation email for enrollment?

I really want to make sure everything is done right, as this is the easiest promo to take advantage of (do 1 transaction, lel). The big 5 seems to have learned from the past years and they are making it harder and harder to take advantage of their chequing opening promos
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
exhaust wrote: Is everyone leaving the $2,500 in the account for a year to waive the monthly fee?
Yes, I am.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.