[OP]
Jan 13, 2007
149 posts
2 upvotes
Waterloo

National Bank site down for days.....

Tried to log in late last night...got an error

Dear client,

The site you are looking for is not available for the moment. The situation will be resolved shortly. We thank you for your patience.

You can contact our TelNat Call Center at 1-888-4-TELNAT (1 888 483-5628).

To find a branch, Click here

8pm next day, and its still not fixed?? What a ***** bank. I just opened an account here. Need to make an email transfer asap. How can you seriously have your site down this long? They get hacked or what
9 replies
Nov 1, 2010
397 posts
55 upvotes
Seems to happen once a month. That was once a month too many for me.
Jul 28, 2012
990 posts
400 upvotes
Montreal
123nicolas wrote: Seems to happen once a month. That was once a month too many for me.
Perhaps they do maintenance on the last weekend of the month?
Even then, wouldn't they display a warning on their website?
For example, RBC posts messages about maintenance on weekends all the time.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
144 upvotes
It's been working fine for me. I was logged in this morning (about 9AM, I think) and I logged in just a few minutes ago.

I just have one of their Mastercards, so maybe I go to a different site than their regular banking customers.

EDIT: Update...45 minutes later and I am now getting a "bad request" message.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1546 posts
72 upvotes
Paulfistinyourface wrote: It's been working fine for me. I was logged in this morning (about 9AM, I think) and I logged in just a few minutes ago.

I just have one of their Mastercards, so maybe I go to a different site than their regular banking customers.

EDIT: Update...45 minutes later and I am now getting a "bad request" message.
Used to bank with bnc and had a lot of bad request error message. Found that, on Firefox at least, when you go to safe surfing (or is it confidential surfing, can't remember the terms) the web site works very well.
I feel the need... the need for speed.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15798 posts
1991 upvotes
GTA
it's probably a bank run and they ran away with your money
hope you didn't put too much money into a tier 3 bank. lol
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1890 posts
1002 upvotes
Their English site sometimes does that, but I've never seen their French site go down. Try bnc.ca.

Their site also seems to do some weird stuff with cookies and browser caches. I've had cases when it seemed to be down, but it worked fine after switching to a different browser.
Mar 13, 2012
859 posts
136 upvotes
Planet Earth
tk11 wrote: Tried to log in late last night...got an error

Dear client,

The site you are looking for is not available for the moment. The situation will be resolved shortly. We thank you for your patience.

You can contact our TelNat Call Center at 1-888-4-TELNAT (1 888 483-5628).

To find a branch, Click here

8pm next day, and its still not fixed?? What a ***** bank. I just opened an account here. Need to make an email transfer asap. How can you seriously have your site down this long? They get hacked or what
Did you call their support number and ask what is wrong? Seems a better move then complaining on RFD for help.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you even tried.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9419 posts
1601 upvotes
Vancouver
Worked fine for me all day yesterday. Works fine now.