Expired Hot Deals

[National Bank] Up to $500 for Opening National Bank Chequing Account Offer for Existing Mylo Subscriber

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 11:38 am
[OP]
May 23, 2020
49 posts
43 upvotes

[National Bank] Up to $500 for Opening National Bank Chequing Account Offer for Existing Mylo Subscriber

Deal Link:
Retailer:
National Bank
More offers from National Bank
Exclusive offer for Mylo subscribers
Open an eligible chequing account and receive up to $500 cashback

How to receive your cashback?
Three simple steps:
Open a chequing account, select an eligible banking package, and receive up to $200 cashback in your National Bank account
Sign up for the monthly direct deposit option and receive up to an additional $200 cashback in your National Bank account
Receive $100 cashback in your Mylo account

This exclusive offer is valid from May 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020.

The offer is intended exclusively for persons who, as of May 1, 2020, are Mylo subscribers and are not National Bank clients.
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer
28 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8849 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
That seems pretty good. Anyone have experience with them? I don't see a lot of them around GTA.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1569 posts
1114 upvotes
National Bank will pay, I did their $300 chequing promo in 2017. Closing account is not too annoying IIRC, did it in Oct 2018 - I did have to go in person though, and I recall the only way (at the time) was to get a bank draft else you get charge the monthly maintenace fee. Perhaps that's changed since then.

Their online banking experience has improved drastically since 2017 (it was overhauled entirely in 2018), but I recall it still being a step behind most major banks (TD, RBC, Simplii, etc).

There is a hard pull/hp/hard check/credit check (for the search engines) via Equifax, regardless of what the advisors/managers tell you.
Jul 2, 2015
29 posts
6 upvotes
North York, ON
sports1 wrote: National Bank will pay, I did their $300 chequing promo in 2017. Closing account is not too annoying IIRC, did it in Oct 2018 - I did have to go in person though, and I recall the only way (at the time) was to get a bank draft else you get charge the monthly maintenace fee. Perhaps that's changed since then.

Their online banking experience has improved drastically since 2017 (it was overhauled entirely in 2018), but I recall it still being a step behind most major banks (TD, RBC, Simplii, etc).

There is a hard pull/hp/hard check/credit check (for the search engines) via Equifax, regardless of what the advisors/managers tell you.
Simplii is now a major bank?
Feb 17, 2015
864 posts
302 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Very tempting...I don't have 6K to park yet....but if I dont want to be greedy figured get it for a year on the $14.95 plan, walk away with $350 - $180 = $170, for those that want to insta close obviously a lot more, good find OP hoping they dont do clawbacks but I didn't see that in the TOS
Apr 14, 2018
138 posts
165 upvotes
National Bank is one of the worst banks I've ever dealt with. I would not recommend a long term relationship with the bank. If you need any sort of assistance whatsoever, be prepared to bounce between their useless call centre reps based in Quebec and your local branch with the shortest hours you have ever seen.

I do support taking the money and never looking back.
Sep 26, 2018
870 posts
1865 upvotes
bubbleT wrote: up to $200 cashback in your National Bank account
up to an additional $200
Up to? So it's possible to receive less? What determines how much you get exactly?
I have spoken
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1897 posts
539 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Just a heads up Mylo costs $3 a month so add that to monthly cost of getting this deal.
Mar 23, 2019
219 posts
116 upvotes
bigjee wrote: Just a heads up Mylo costs $3 a month so add that to monthly cost of getting this deal.
Correct, Mylo is taking money every month regardless how basic plan you get...
Mar 3, 2015
402 posts
430 upvotes
King City
Watoko wrote: National Bank is one of the worst banks I've ever dealt with. I would not recommend a long term relationship with the bank. If you need any sort of assistance whatsoever, be prepared to bounce between their useless call centre reps based in Quebec and your local branch with the shortest hours you have ever seen.

I do support taking the money and never looking back.
I think there's a lot of bias when people have interactions with things like banking and Internet for example. It's always "I used [insert company] and they're the worst".

I've had a bad experience with TD where they admitted they were at fault and still tried to haggle how much they were gonna refund me. They owed me $15 but they tried to haggle down to $5 and then to $10. I told him forget it. I paid the full $15 and closed my account on spot. I don't tell everyone that TD is the worst bank because this one experience is not representative.

Same goes for things like cable or Internet. Everyone's like "bell is the worst" or "Rogers is the worst". I've used Rogers for the better part of 2 decades and i would be the first to admit that I've had bad experiences. But it would be very unfair of me if i took a few small incidents that could happen with any company and think it's representative of the entire company.

Humans are biased that way. They over focus on a bad incident. They also overreact when things don't go the way they expect.

Anyways. I've gone off on a tangent. My point is, I've heard the "i bank with [x] and it is the worst bank" used for every bank. Everyone has their opinions and they're entitled to it. I think it's important to think about your complaint and see if it really is justified (I'm not accusing your complaint as unjustified as i really don't know what happened between you and NBC. I'm just saying in general)
Apr 14, 2018
138 posts
165 upvotes
@TheSheldor

Fair enough, maybe I came across too strong in my post. My intent was just a warning to those who might encounter an issue with the promo that it might end up causing more frustration than it’s worth. It’s just my 2 cents but this is certainly a sweet promo.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3819 upvotes
What is the exception? How many years you must've closed your account to be eligible again?

I closed mine in Sept 2018
Feb 17, 2015
864 posts
302 upvotes
Windsor, ON
So I applied yesterday and got pending approval email despite just having a credit card approved and a decent score of 665 on EQ and 695 Borrowell, I see only a soft pull from NB on equifax so far...maybe they fixed the hard pulls? I will update post next few days when I can check transunion for the hard pull and they send a decision it also didn't ask for my Mylo account info at any point
Jun 12, 2014
71 posts
27 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
as i said many times in the past, STAY AWAY from national bank. You will surely regret to open the bank account later. Mark down my word
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5203 posts
2345 upvotes
Global Village
bigjee wrote: Just a heads up Mylo costs $3 a month so add that to monthly cost of getting this deal.
And you need to keep everything for 12 months.

COMMITMENT

For the cashback to be granted, you agree to maintain the eligible products and services and make no changes to them for a minimum of 12 months, beginning when you enroll in these products and services.

In addition, during this same period, your chequing account must remain open and in good standing. If you do not comply with this condition, you will have to reimburse National Bank for a portion of the cashback, in proportion to the unexpired portion of the 12-month period.
All day I dream about sports