Air Miles Archive

National - BMO AMs MC - 100 BAMs WU Spend $ 250 at PARTICIPATING Partners (March 21st thru April 25th)

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 11:57 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10464 posts
7700 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

National - BMO AMs MC - 100 BAMs WU Spend $ 250 at PARTICIPATING Partners (March 21st thru April 25th)

OFFER

100 Bonus AirMiles @ BMO AMs MASTERCARD When You Spend $ 250 at PARTICIPATING Partners between ... March 21st thru April 25th

FINE PRINT

>>> AirMiles Collectors MUST OPT IN to Qualify
(OPT IN Link is on the MegaMiles Website with the Offer)

PARTICIPATING PARTNERS = https://bmoairmilesmastercard.airmiles. ... 1519143258

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Eligible credit cards include: BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® World Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* for Business, BMO®† Gold AIR MILES® Mastercard®* for Business, BMO®† AIR MILES® Business Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® No-Fee Business Mastercard®*, BMO®† SPC®‡ AIR MILES® Mastercard®*, Shell®** AIR MILES® World Mastercard®* from BMO®†, Shell®** AIR MILES® Mastercard®* from BMO®†, BMO®† Sobeys AIR MILES® Mastercard®*, BMO®† IGA AIR MILES® Mastercard®*. Offer can only be used once per AIR MILES® Collector Number. The same AIR MILES credit card must be used for purchases during the promotional period in order to qualify for this offer.

Opt-in requirements: To qualify for this offer, you must (a) opt in for the offer by entering your AIR MILES Collector Number and clicking the “Submit” button on https://airmilesmegamiles.ca/en/optin-bmo on or before April 25, 2019, and (b) spend $250 using your eligible BMO AIR MILES Mastercard between March 21 – April 25, 2019, inclusive at participating Partners. These purchases must be made at participating Partners listed in the “Participating AIR MILES® Partners” section of the web page: https://bmoairmilesmastercard.airmiles. ... e?vr=promo. Participating AIR MILES Partners may be added or removed at any time without notice. Visit https://bmoairmilesmastercard.airmiles. ... e?vr=promo for current participating Partner details. The purchases do not have to be made at the same retailer and can be made at multiple retailers. There is no minimum spend amount required per transaction, as long as the cumulative transactions over the promotion period total $250. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. See the MEGA MILES® Promotion Terms and Conditions for promotional details. This offer is valid only for the AIR MILES Collector Number associated with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account. A limit of one (1) offer applies per credit card account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. Offer is subject to change without notice. Miles will be deposited by June 30, 2019.

®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Bank of Montreal.
®†/™† Trademarks of Bank of Montreal
®*/™* Mastercard is a registered trademark, and Masterpass and the circles design is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Used under license.

FYI - IMPORTANT INFO
Pop Up Msg from the MegaMiles Website

Due to a technical error on our end, Collectors who opted in to the BMO, Shell and/or Irving AIR MILES MEGA MILES offers between March 21 and 22 were not registered.

To ensure that your purchases qualify for the MEGA MILES promotion, we ask that you please opt in again. Rest assured: as long as you do so by April 25, 2019, any transactions you have already made will still qualify.

We apologize for any inconvenience. As always, please keep your receipts during the promotion and visit our FAQ page if you have any questions.
Last edited by PointsHubby on Mar 29th, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
117 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10464 posts
7700 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER
For TIPS & TRICKS

* It’s ONE Offer per Credit Card Account / Collector Number (so Max is 100 BAMs no matter how much you spend)

* BMO MC is only going to track the transaction with the PARTICIPATING Partners... so probably NOT WHAT YOU BOUGHT
This could be a good opportunity to stock up on GCs (very attractive for those in Ontario who also have Sobey’s & Urban Fresh Offers on GCs)
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12513 posts
23412 upvotes
Scarborough
Using this offer as one of my 5. Shouldn't be too hard especially with how much we spend at Global each month. Grimacing Face
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8439 posts
2792 upvotes
Toronto
I guess I can spend $300 to buy 2 x $150 Sobeys GCs, to get bonus for both offers.
Mar 20, 2019
2 posts
can any of the veterens confirm that combining BMO spent with Sobeys gift card works..
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10464 posts
7700 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Arrgh wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 10:36 pm
I guess I can spend $300 to buy 2 x $150 Sobeys GCs, to get bonus for both offers.
RazaH43505 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 11:46 pm
can any of the veterens confirm that combining BMO spent with Sobeys gift card works..
Read the TIPS & TRICKS in Reply # 2
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10464 posts
7700 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Arrgh wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 10:36 pm
Or...
$ 150 GC @ SOBEY’s
$ 75 GC @ URBAN FRESH (seeing as you are in GTA)
$ 25 some other AMs Partner

Result ... 4 PARTNER COUNTS

Personally i’d get a $ 25 LCBO GC @ Shell, and that would shoe in # 5
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8439 posts
2792 upvotes
Toronto
PointsHubby wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:36 am
Or...
$ 150 GC @ SOBEY’s
$ 75 GC @ URBAN FRESH (seeing as you are in GTA)
$ 25 some other AMs Partner

Result ... 4 PARTNER COUNTS

Personally i’d get a $ 25 LCBO GC @ Shell, and that would shoe in # 5
Ah, good suggestion. I thought the $250 for BMO needs to be in one transaction. Now it can be done in multiple transactions, adding up to $250, yap it's better to spread them out like that.

Can do $25 gas up at Shell.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10464 posts
7700 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Arrgh wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 1:22 am
Ah, good suggestion. I thought the $250 for BMO needs to be in one transaction. Now it can be done in multiple transactions, adding up to $250, yap it's better to spread them out like that.

Can do $25 gas up at Shell.
$ 25 @ Shell still leaves you tho at 4 not 5, for the overall MMs PARTNER COUNT
So ya gotta cash in / redeem some of the GCs ... LCBO is an easy do
To make it work

1- Sobey’s
2- Urban Fresh
3- Shell
4- BMO
5- ???

Gotta love AMs DOUBLE DIPPING !!!
May 19, 2009
423 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver
Questions regarding the BMO card itself; I don't have a BMO card yet and I'm thinking of getting one for this Air Miles event.

1. Is there any website where I can "double dip" on bonuses, like how you could sign up for the Scotia Bank Infinite Visa and get $55 from GCR? I did check GCR and I don't see any BMO cards on there.
2. Usually how long does it take for the application to go through? I'm thinking of using the BMO card to buy some 3rd party gift cards at Shell so do I have enough time to do so?
3. Which no-annual fee BMO card gives the best return? Any of them happen to be good for foreign transaction purchases?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10464 posts
7700 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sherri-chan wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 1:39 am
Questions regarding the BMO card itself; I don't have a BMO card yet and I'm thinking of getting one for this Air Miles event.

1. Is there any website where I can "double dip" on bonuses, like how you could sign up for the Scotia Bank Infinite Visa and get $55 from GCR? I did check GCR and I don't see any BMO cards on there.
2. Usually how long does it take for the application to go through? I'm thinking of using the BMO card to buy some 3rd party gift cards at Shell so do I have enough time to do so?
3. Which no-annual fee BMO card gives the best return? Any of them happen to be good for foreign transaction purchases?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Cannot answer all your Questions.

But here is a link to the BMO Website to get you started.

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... /airmiles/

There are 3 main AMs cards, and 1 Student Card.

3 of them currently have Sign Up Promos on.

Earn Rates also differ.

A lot depends on what your plans are for your AMs.

Are you a Cash or Dream Collector, or both ?

If you are a Dream Collector, then the BMO AMs World & World Elite are the best for travellers, and for getting discounted Flight Redemptions from AirMiles... even better if you have Gold or Onyx Status... cause they STACK
May 19, 2009
423 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver
@PointsHubby
Thanks! I think I'm gonna go with the World Elite card since it gives 1000 bonus AMs after first purchase, and annual fee is waived for the first year. Don't think I'd be able to utilize the Companion Flight Rebate Offer since I don't have enough dream miles for a flight but that's okay!

I have a couple more questions to people who had this card before... I just read the T&C and it does say if the card is cancelled within 90 days, they will claw black the AMs. I plan to cancel it on the 11th month so that I don't pay annual fee. Is the cancellation on the 11th month pretty hassle free? Does the credit card owner name have to match the AM card holder's name for the bonus AMs? I share my AM card with my mom (it's under her name), but I'm planning to get the BMO card myself.

Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10464 posts
7700 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sherri-chan wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 3:21 am
@PointsHubby
Thanks! I think I'm gonna go with the World Elite card since it gives 1000 bonus AMs after first purchase, and annual fee is waived for the first year. Don't think I'd be able to utilize the Companion Flight Rebate Offer since I don't have enough dream miles for a flight but that's okay!

I have a couple more questions to people who had this card before... I just read the T&C and it does say if the card is cancelled within 90 days, they will claw black the AMs. I plan to cancel it on the 11th month so that I don't pay annual fee. Is the cancellation on the 11th month pretty hassle free? Does the credit card owner name have to match the AM card holder's name for the bonus AMs? I share my AM card with my mom (it's under her name), but I'm planning to get the BMO card myself.

Thanks!
Some of this stuff I know off the top of my head... not so much everything else

Cancellation should be easy.

But once you have this card, and are earning BAMs you might rethink it. Between it and the AMs BIG BONUS Events ... like MegaMiles you’lol be amazed at how many AMs you can rack up in an 11 month span. And those miles will get you places... maybe even get to use that Companion Flight benefit.

As for AMs Collector Numbers... it’s one per BMO Account Holder (Bank or CC).
Don’t know how fussy BMO is about name matching... I think all they want is the number
Makes sense cause, AMs don’t care... infact they encourage family members to share ... Pool earnings onto one account / card

BUT I have heard that BMO sometimes screws up, and even if you submit the paperwork with an already in use AMs number, when they issue the CC, they issue another
Not a big deal if the two accounts are recorded by AMs as belonging to the same person... they can just combine them into one
But 2 different names and they won’t do that

Here’s a thought. If this happens when you get the CC
Then contact BMO and tell them your AMs number has changed... and give them the one you use with your Mom
That should work

If not ... worse case scenario, you’ll be on your way to your own AMs collection
May 19, 2009
423 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for your reply. I think I'll go ahead and apply for the card Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nov 27, 2018
47 posts
26 upvotes
YVR
Received my BMO AM MC about 2 weeks after I was approached by a BMO MC sales guy at a Shell station. Since I wanted to get that card (+ 800 AMs) after the last STB event, I applied instantly.

Too bad, AMEX is not part of MM this time.