Air Miles Archive

National - BMO AMs MC - 100 BAMs WU Spend $ 250 at PARTICIPATING Partners (March 21st thru April 25th)

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 11:57 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1246 posts
1002 upvotes
Winnipeg
bluetree20 wrote: If I use my BMO airmiles card to buy at airmiles.ca shop for indigo $100 gift card, will it count double dip?
BMO $250 spend and airmiles shop $100 spend
No. Unfortunately, Indigo is not one of the participating partners for the BMO M/C spend $250 offer.
Mar 25, 2019
8 posts
8 upvotes
Can I buy an Apple iTunes gift card from Safeway and have it count towards this AM offer? I keep reading about buying GC’s but I was wondering how they’d link your AM membership to the purchase of a GC if you can’t earn AM’s with a GC purchase.
Aug 5, 2018
488 posts
641 upvotes
Indeed.

Has anyone got confirmation from maybe a live chat rep that GC counts toward $250?

It would suck if we lose out on 1000 miles because this offer didn't count as 1 of the 5.
Mar 25, 2019
8 posts
8 upvotes
xx1what wrote: Indeed.

Has anyone got confirmation from maybe a live chat rep that GC counts toward $250?

It would suck if we lose out on 1000 miles because this offer didn't count as 1 of the 5.
So I ended up talking to live chat regarding this and they did confirm that GC’s count towards the offer as long as they’re purchased from the partner (eg. Safeway). I have paper confirmation of my chat and will provide it with AM’s in the case that it doesn’t count.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1154 posts
734 upvotes
Vancouver
jreginald wrote: So I ended up talking to live chat regarding this and they did confirm that GC’s count towards the offer as long as they’re purchased from the partner (eg. Safeway). I have paper confirmation of my chat and will provide it with AM’s in the case that it doesn’t count.
Does that double dip then? Say I buy a $50 GC at Safeway, do I earn the BAM from Safeway for spending $50 or more AND $50 gets added to the cumulative spending for this offer?
Mar 25, 2019
8 posts
8 upvotes
Alivenate wrote: Does that double dip then? Say I buy a $50 GC at Safeway, do I earn the BAM from Safeway for spending $50 or more AND $50 gets added to the cumulative spending for this offer?
Nope, clearly states that GC’s don’t count towards the $50 Safeway/Sobeys/IGA offers in the T&C but it doesn’t specify what you can/can’t buy in the BMO offer. I’m only excited for this because I play mobile games so iTunes gift cards are an easy buy.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1154 posts
734 upvotes
Vancouver
jreginald wrote: Nope, clearly states that GC’s don’t count towards the $50 Safeway/Sobeys/IGA offers in the T&C but it doesn’t specify what you can/can’t buy in the BMO offer. I’m only excited for this because I play mobile games so iTunes gift cards are an easy buy.
Ah I see it now.... It didn't show the entire T&C on the Air Miles app but saw it now on the website.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2490 posts
1203 upvotes
jreginald wrote: So I ended up talking to live chat regarding this and they did confirm that GC’s count towards the offer as long as they’re purchased from the partner (eg. Safeway). I have paper confirmation of my chat and will provide it with AM’s in the case that it doesn’t count.
Why would MasterCard care (or even know) that the purchase was for a gift card? They only care about their cut from the merchant, so you are safe to buy $250 just in gift cards.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6113 posts
1911 upvotes
Montreal
This offer takes into consideration the total (taxes included) not the sub total right?

Also can I use my wife's BMO Mastercard to count it toward the BMO offer, and use my own Air Miles card for the Mega Mile store specific offer in the same transaction?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1034 posts
763 upvotes
Halifax
I purchased $ 200 of Amazon Gift cards and $ 50 of Shell Giftcards at SOBEY's on Monday and received the Air Miles this morning.

BMO MEGA MILES 2019 +100
A fan of RFD
Mar 2, 2018
174 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa
Madevilz wrote: This offer takes into consideration the total (taxes included) not the sub total right?

Also can I use my wife's BMO Mastercard to count it toward the BMO offer, and use my own Air Miles card for the Mega Mile store specific offer in the same transaction?
Yes
May 14, 2012
245 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver
Got this popup message on the mega miles site:

Please note

Due to a technical error on our end, Collectors who opted in to the BMO, Shell and/or Irving AIR MILES MEGA MILES offers between March 21 and 22 were not registered.

To ensure that your purchases qualify for the MEGA MILES promotion, we ask that you please opt in again. Rest assured: as long as you do so by April 25, 2019, any transactions you have already made will still qualify.

We apologize for any inconvenience. As always, please keep your receipts during the promotion and visit our FAQ page if you have any questions.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8470 posts
2855 upvotes
Toronto
At Sobeys this week they have the buy $300 Canadian gift cards, get $25 CT GC. So you can pay $250 on this BMO AM MC toward that $300 (and use anything else to pay the other $50, or just pay the whole $300 with BMO AM MC).

We use CT GCs bought at this type of discounts (they were usually 10% discounts before, this is not as good, but still discount) to buy CT gas. Gas doesn't go on sale, so this is a good way to get discount on gas.

Edit: Add Foodland to Sobeys.
Jan 11, 2007
412 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
Completed $250+ in cumulative purchases on Tuesday Mar 26 and the 100 BAM posted this afternoon (Friday Mar 29th).
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5451 posts
2552 upvotes
Winnipeg
steerwheel wrote: Got this popup message on the mega miles site:

Please note

Due to a technical error on our end, Collectors who opted in to the BMO, Shell and/or Irving AIR MILES MEGA MILES offers between March 21 and 22 were not registered.

To ensure that your purchases qualify for the MEGA MILES promotion, we ask that you please opt in again. Rest assured: as long as you do so by April 25, 2019, any transactions you have already made will still qualify.

We apologize for any inconvenience. As always, please keep your receipts during the promotion and visit our FAQ page if you have any questions.
That really sucks.
I opted in for both offers on 21st and completed next day...Disappointed But Relieved Face
Hope they won't screw up my BAM