2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

National - BMO AMs MC - 100 BAMs WU Spend $ 250 at PARTICIPATING Partners (March 21st thru April 25th)

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 11:57 pm
Tags:
None
May 19, 2009
232 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver
This card is a bit of a pain in the rear. I got both my code and card mailed to me, but I'll need to go to a branch to activate it (bring IDs) because they wouldn't let me activate it online or via phone...... and the ones near me all close before I leave work :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1416 posts
112 upvotes
Arrgh wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 1:01 pm
I just checked the AM website for the list of eligible partners for this BMO offer. It turns out MissFresh is not included. Neither is LCBO. So even though there are certain offers in LCBO you can buy to satisfy the count of partners, the spending using BMO MC there won't count toward the $250 AM offer (for the discussion of this thread).

So in my family, the purchases we made at MissFresh and LCBO had to be deducted from what we thought was counted toward the $250. We have to buy more from among the actual eligible partners.
That six was hoping to use BMO to purchase $100+ from amazon. Guess that would not count? Wonder if it hell to ask customer support if it work on amazon and record the chat. :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8076 posts
2383 upvotes
Toronto
reggyDeal wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 5:18 pm
That six was hoping to use BMO to purchase $100+ from amazon. Guess that would not count? Wonder if it hell to ask customer support if it work on amazon and record the chat. :)
Sure you can try. But that list doesn't include amazon, so your purchase using BMO MC won't count for this $250 BMO offer.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2498 posts
98 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 5:18 pm
Arrgh wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 5:50 pm
Sure you can try. But that list doesn't include amazon, so your purchase using BMO MC won't count for this $250 BMO offer.
What he could do is go to Shell/Metro/wherever you can get a gift card for amazon and is also a partner. Then use AMS to make a $100+ purchase via amazon and apply that GC towards it.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1416 posts
112 upvotes
smuncky wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 10:19 pm
What he could do is go to Shell/Metro/wherever you can get a gift card for amazon and is also a partner. Then use AMS to make a $100+ purchase via amazon and apply that GC towards it.
Genius, thanks for sharing this tip.
Mar 2, 2018
114 posts
117 upvotes
Ottawa
Has anyone received the 100BAM since the March 29 posting?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2115 posts
831 upvotes
SW Ontario
User445316 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 10:25 am
Has anyone received the 100BAM since the March 29 posting?
no, I'm still waiting
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1569 posts
380 upvotes
St. John's
I registered on the first day and did a Staples purchase on my card that day. Re-registered a few days ago... Nothing yet. Had to wait 4 months and chase the miles from that fall promotion they did so I don't have a lot of confidence in BMO.
Nov 30, 2017
50 posts
12 upvotes
Just to confirm: it's $250 partner spend between March 21 to April 25, regardless of when you opt-in?

This is my understanding of the TOS. I'm asking because I have some sizable spend on partners before opt-in.
Mar 30, 2017
139 posts
103 upvotes
JKCanada wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 12:48 pm
Just to confirm: it's $250 partner spend between March 21 to April 25, regardless of when you opt-in?

This is my understanding of the TOS. I'm asking because I have some sizable spend on partners before opt-in.
That's correct all purchases will count as long as you opt in. Even the ones made before you opted in
May 19, 2009
232 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver
I just got my BMO credit card activated and the AirMiles website said I did opt in. When I registered for the card I did input my Airmiles number... Is there somewhere I can check to make sure that my credit card is indeed linked to my air miles account? I don't want to spend $250 just to find out I didn't do it properly lol
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2307 posts
1070 upvotes
sherri-chan wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 5:57 pm
I just got my BMO credit card activated and the AirMiles website said I did opt in. When I registered for the card I did input my Airmiles number... Is there somewhere I can check to make sure that my credit card is indeed linked to my air miles account? I don't want to spend $250 just to find out I didn't do it properly lol
BMO.com, there is a tab 'Reward Details' when you open the MasterCard section. It shows the Collector Number.
May 19, 2009
232 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver
akaManny wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 6:52 pm
BMO.com, there is a tab 'Reward Details' when you open the MasterCard section. It shows the Collector Number.
Just tried and I got a blank column under Reward Details. Do you need to have used the card first before the collector shows up? Guess I'll go buy something $10 later...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
5422 posts
461 upvotes
Ottawa
If the card isn’t linked, can’t you still show your AM care and get it scanned before using the BMO cc?
Nov 30, 2017
50 posts
12 upvotes
sherri-chan wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 5:57 pm
When I registered for the Worldelite card I also inputted my airmiles number but BMO chose to issue me a new air miles number. A call to Air Miles solved the problem swiftly and they transferred the balance and any bonuses I had on the new number. I'd recommend you do the same (if indeed this is your issue) after your bonuses post to mitigate any potential issues.