2019 Shop The Block

National - BMO AMs MC - 50 BAMS for $ 350 or 100 BAMs for $ 700 WUS @ PARTICIPATING PARTNERS (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2020 6:53 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 11, 2015
172 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto, ON
taya1214 wrote: 1. Get GC from Rexall and buy sth worth $40 to use Rexall offer - There is Sportchek GC 15% starting tmr.
Rexall offer doesn't start until Dec 2nd and it excludes Gift Cards. So no use going to Rexall until Dec 2nd, and even then no use getting gift cards for the offer to work (you could however get gift cards and pay with BMO CC for the BMO offer).
Oct 24, 2009
672 posts
590 upvotes
Vancouver
nightshademi wrote: Rexall offer doesn't start until Dec 2nd and it excludes Gift Cards. So no use going to Rexall until Dec 2nd, and even then no use getting gift cards for the offer to work (you could however get gift cards and pay with BMO CC for the BMO offer).
good point. Didn't realize the offer is only active from Dec 2nd.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2861 posts
722 upvotes
I assume buying Amazon GC from shell counts? Too bad shell ended the 10% cash back on GC promotion. Otherwise we can stack these 2.
Dec 28, 2007
917 posts
418 upvotes
braveblade wrote: I assume buying Amazon GC from shell counts? Too bad shell ended the 10% cash back on GC promotion. Otherwise we can stack these 2.
Non-shell GCs should work. You can also stack the 5 bonus mile for $10 Shell in-store purchase offer.
Oct 17, 2007
236 posts
417 upvotes
3rd Rock
PointsHubby wrote:
The one exception is if the AirMiles FULL PARTNER has a presence on AMShops ...
Those would be:
* HUDSONS BAY
* LOWES
* RONA
* STAPLES
* THE CHILDREN’S PLACE
* WEALTHSIMPLE

Of those ... BMO’s STB Offer ONLY LISTS
LOWES - RONA - or STAPLES as counting
(go back to the OP post here, and click on PARTICIPATING PARTNERS link)
In one of past BMO offers involved amount spent like this one, my online purchases from Lowes, Rona website directly, not thru airmilesshop, didnot count. Play it safe, use BMO in store only.
Feb 16, 2007
192 posts
123 upvotes
In my region there are only two participting sponsors.

Can I purchase $350 in GCs at each of these sponsors, to get to the $700 and 100 bonus miles and receive TWO entries into STB?
Feb 16, 2007
192 posts
123 upvotes
I recently receive the BMO Air Miles World Elite MC and am currently accumulating the $3k in spending to get the 3000 bonus signup miles for that promotion.

By also doing STB aka piggybacking for both promotions, will I screw up anything in accumulating the money for the bonus signup air miles, or in accumulating money for the STB promo?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4853 posts
2393 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
BLeagues wrote: I recently receive the BMO Air Miles World Elite MC and am currently accumulating the $3k in spending to get the 3000 bonus signup miles for that promotion.

By also doing STB aka piggybacking for both promotions, will I screw up anything in accumulating the money for the bonus signup air miles, or in accumulating money for the STB promo?
No, they shouldn't be related.
It's actually a perfect moment as you are completing multiple goals at the same time without having to spend extra.
Nov 14, 2018
51 posts
12 upvotes
Hi everyone,

I just want to be sure about something - in theory, if I were to purchase $350 in Shell gift cards with my BMO mastercard, would that count toward (and complete) this offer?

In an unrelated question (but still related to my STB efforts), if I use my BMO mastercard to complete a STB offer, but scan my wife's airmiles card (which is not the one linked to my mastercard, as my own is linked to this card), will that mess anything up in any way (for example, if I buy the LePage adhesive at Lowe's with my BMO mastercard (to rack up spending on this card), but swipe my wife's Airmiles card (so that her card gets credit for that offer), will the bonus points still go to her/give her credit for this offer? Or b/c the credit card is linked to my Airmiles card, will that somehow override her card?)?

Thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1089 posts
849 upvotes
Halifax
tjason wrote: Hi everyone,

I just want to be sure about something - in theory, if I were to purchase $350 in Shell gift cards with my BMO mastercard, would that count toward (and complete) this offer?

In an unrelated question (but still related to my STB efforts), if I use my BMO mastercard to complete a STB offer, but scan my wife's airmiles card (which is not the one linked to my mastercard, as my own is linked to this card), will that mess anything up in any way (for example, if I buy the LePage adhesive at Lowe's with my BMO mastercard (to rack up spending on this card), but swipe my wife's Airmiles card (so that her card gets credit for that offer), will the bonus points still go to her/give her credit for this offer? Or b/c the credit card is linked to my Airmiles card, will that somehow override her card?)?

Thanks in advance!
Q1. The 350 $ in Shell Giftcards will ONLY work if you purchase them at a BMO Airmiles partnes - like Shell, Needs , Sobey's etc... It cannot be purchased at Superstore or Canadian Tire.

Q2. If you use you BMO MC for the LePage's purchase - that will amount go towards YOUR BMO $ 350 or $ 750 spend . The RONA offer and Bonus points for the Lepages and the STB Credit =1 goes to your wife as long as you use her Air Miles card. It does not matter how you pay- cash, giftcard, her CC or your CC.
A fan of RFD
Nov 14, 2018
51 posts
12 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: Q1. The 350 $ in Shell Giftcards will ONLY work if you purchase them at a BMO Airmiles partnes - like Shell, Needs , Sobey's etc... It cannot be purchased at Superstore or Canadian Tire.

Q2. If you use you BMO MC for the LePage's purchase - that will amount go towards YOUR BMO $ 350 or $ 750 spend . The RONA offer and Bonus points for the Lepages and the STB Credit =1 goes to your wife as long as you use her Air Miles card. It does not matter how you pay- cash, giftcard, her CC or your CC.
This is so helpful, thank you!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2009
2370 posts
892 upvotes
I received my 50 Miles for my $350 spend today.

says BMO BONUS BOOM +50

Haven't quite spent $700 yet so I'm sure the other 50 AMs will come after that.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2510 posts
1219 upvotes
flash67 wrote: I received my 50 Miles for my $350 spend today.

says BMO BONUS BOOM +50

Haven't quite spent $700 yet so I'm sure the other 50 AMs will come after that.
I got the same just now, but it is likely not for STB but for Oct 10 - 13:
BMO AirMiles Mastercard: Spend $150 at participating vendors and get 50 AMs;

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)