2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

National - BMO AMs MC - 50 BAMS for $ 350 or 100 BAMs for $ 700 WUS @ PARTICIPATING PARTNERS (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2020 6:53 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1041 upvotes
akaManny wrote: I got the same just now, but it is likely not for STB but for Oct 10 - 13:
BMO AirMiles Mastercard: Spend $150 at participating vendors and get 50 AMs;
Ah darn LOL - too many promos to remember
Nov 14, 2018
63 posts
17 upvotes
I realize that this may not be the smartest question (b/c credit card statements don't split out tax and there may be no way to know how much tax exactly is just from the purchases on a statement), but I'm being overly cautious... this doesn't have to be $350 or $700 before tax or anything like that, does it??
Thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2617 posts
1333 upvotes
tjason wrote: I realize that this may not be the smartest question (b/c credit card statements don't split out tax and there may be no way to know how much tax exactly is just from the purchases on a statement), but I'm being overly cautious... this doesn't have to be $350 or $700 before tax or anything like that, does it??
Thanks in advance!
No, not before tax. You could spend $620 plus 13% HST and qualify for $700. Just make sure that it is spent at the specific partners included.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14495 posts
11703 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
BLeagues wrote: In my region there are only two participting sponsors.

Can I purchase $350 in GCs at each of these sponsors, to get to the $700 and 100 bonus miles and receive TWO entries into STB?
Sorry not truly following ... especially the only 2 Participating Sponsors statement

First, the BMO AMs STB Offer covers ALL of these AMs Partners (and most of them are AMs NATIONAL FULL PARTNERS)

SHELL
SOBEY’s - SAFEWAY - FOODLAND - URBAN FRESH
METRO
REXALL
JEAN COUTU
LOWES - RONA - RENO DEPOT - ACE
BUDGET - ALAMO - NATIONAL
STAPLES
GLOBAL PET FOODS
LCBO

https://bmoairmilesmastercard.airmiles. ... 1572534428

Beyond that ...
The BMO Offer is an either / or situation
Either you charge $ 350+ total with these AirMiles Partners
Or
You charge $ 700+ total with these AirMiles Partners
And it can be in one go, or cumulatively during the entire run of STB (November 14th thru December 27th)
Spend $ 350 or more = 50 BAMs
Spend $ 700 or more = 100 BAMs
No matter how much you spend ... BMO will only count as ONE PARTNER in the STB BIG BONUS Event

BUT ... buy GCs at other AirMiles Partners
Where GCs DO EARN AMs, and also have an STB CHALLENGE RUNNING
(Like SHELL RETAIL ... details here = http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bc-ab-sk ... h-2328765/ )

And YES you could definitely do 2 STB Challenges at the same time

* NOTE - Not all these AMs PARTNERS have WUS Offers running for STB
Nor are buying GCs necessarily permitted at all PARTNERS either when it comes to earning AMs
So you’ll either have to cross check info
Or tell us which PARTNERS & GCs you are considering
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2617 posts
1333 upvotes
BLeagues wrote: In my region there are only two participting sponsors.

Can I purchase $350 in GCs at each of these sponsors, to get to the $700 and 100 bonus miles and receive TWO entries into STB?
What is the region and the 2 sponsors? It will count as one sponsor for the BMO MasterCard. I don't think there are any offers for buying gift cards that will count for another partner, except Indigo through airmilesshops.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14495 posts
11703 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
akaManny wrote: What is the region and the 2 sponsors? It will count as one sponsor for the BMO MasterCard. I don't think there are any offers for buying gift cards that will count for another partner, except Indigo through airmilesshops.
True in that INDIGO CHAPTERS is one of the very few places one can buy GCs and earn AirMiles
BUT ONLY When bought thru AirMiles Shops.ca

BUT then INDIGO CHAPTERS isn’t a FULL AIRMILES PARTNER
AND NOT on the BMO PARTICIPATING PARTNERS List

SHELL RETAIL works cuz they give AMs on GCs
And they have an STB Offer that aligns
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bc-ab-sk ... h-2328765/

SOBEY’s GROUP STORES ... have a WUS over $ 50 STB Offer
BUT they don’t give AMs on GCs

So I don’t think there’s many places one can double dip & get two STB CHALLENGES done in one go
Feb 16, 2007
226 posts
181 upvotes
akaManny wrote: What is the region and the 2 sponsors? It will count as one sponsor for the BMO MasterCard. I don't think there are any offers for buying gift cards that will count for another partner, except Indigo through airmilesshops.
For me, when you select region, there are only two available options to purchase from.

They being Shell and Irving.
Images
  • BMO 2x Miles.png
Feb 16, 2007
226 posts
181 upvotes
BMO 2x Miles.png
In my region, there are apparently only two participating sponsors..

Shell and Irving.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2617 posts
1333 upvotes
BLeagues wrote: For me, when you select region, there are only two available options to purchase from.

They being Shell and Irving.
Probably 'Gas' category is the default, hence Shell and Irving. Click on the other categories, eg. Grocery, to see more
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14495 posts
11703 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
akaManny wrote: Probably 'Gas' category is the default, hence Shell and Irving. Click on the other categories, eg. Grocery, to see more
This

@BLeagues you have to click on each category to see what stores in your region are participating
GAS is but one category

The logos will illuminate, as you click thru the categories
Feb 16, 2007
226 posts
181 upvotes
Ha!

I feel like such a tool! SMH!

Thank you for the tip
May 11, 2016
66 posts
7 upvotes
The CC has to be in good standing as of the bam issued date. As my current card is to be canceled (FYF ending), should I just downgrade to a no fee card now and use the no fee card for the STB?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8811 posts
6992 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Do I need to spend all $700 in one transaction?

Anyone seen Shell gift cards at Metro or vice versa?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14495 posts
11703 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
DragonRider wrote: Do I need to spend all $700 in one transaction?

Anyone seen Shell gift cards at Metro or vice versa?
No

Did you even read the OP ?
This is clearly covered in the T&Cs ...
first in section (b)
And then reclarified again further down
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1041 upvotes
This offer was easy to crush by picking up those Sport Chek GCs that were 15% off at Rexall.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)