2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

National - RONA - 12 BAMs WU Buy select Green Cross Lawn Seed or Fertilizers (March 21st to April 24th)

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2019 11:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10054 posts
9266 upvotes
Anyone stacks the code 1044 with redeem 95 cash miles promo together and received 12 BAM for Green Cross + 15 BAM for redeem 95 cash mile.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4592 posts
642 upvotes
SK
Howitzer1 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 3:02 pm
For Lowe's, it is automatic and will take a day or so to post. AM's will not show on receipt based on experience from the last STB and the Lowe's wood's/southwire offer. BAM's were posting next day for most people so theoretically you should have received those 12 BAM's for the grass seed by now if they're operating the same way as STB. IMO, if we get to the last week of MM's and you still don't see the BAM's I would try a return/rebuy if it's convenient for you. Otherwise, just keep your receipt as proof and do an AM chat later on.

For Rona, the cashier must enter the code 1044. If you buy online, enter 1044 into the promo box at checkout.
townfries wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 9:51 pm
Yes, and the coupon code appears on the receipt as well. The airmiles also appeared in my account a few days later.
I went back last week and returned it and re-bought it with the code. It showed up on the Airmiles after the weekend.
I also bought one from Lowe's with a price match then filled up at Shell. 3-partners in one day. Just need to do two more.
shopper-X
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4382 posts
2361 upvotes
townfries wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 9:02 pm
Coupon said you can also buy this online. I think doing this can avoid the risk of the cashier messing it up and not entering the code properly. See screenshot below

townfries wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 9:51 pm
Yes, and the coupon code appears on the receipt as well. The airmiles also appeared in my account a few days later.
Tried this last weekend. Used the promo code 1044 with an online order, just like you showed in your picture. From that point onwards in the online order I never saw any evidence of the 1044 code. Tried it a couple of times to make sure I did enter the 1044 code. So, went ahead anyways with the online purchase with in-store pick-up option.

I just picked it up yesterday. The receipt shows my Air Miles number. But I must be blind, as I don't see the 1044 code anywhere on the receipt. Well, the receipt is in 2 parts. The smaller payment receipt only shows a blank "ITEM", which must be the issue. I don't see anything that mentions the #12675393.

If possible, can you post a pic of your receipt. Blot out any personal info beforehand, thanks.

Here are my pix, of the smaller receipt which shows my Air Miles number but no product nor promo code. And the second pic is from the 8.5" x 11" invoice sheet which DOES show the product with a partial SKU "20246-1", although the physical bag itself has a UPC bar code with "26762 20256 2".
Image Image
Jul 27, 2016
420 posts
331 upvotes
Kanata
bizee-bee wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 1:01 pm
Tried this last weekend. Used the promo code 1044 with an online order, just like you showed in your picture. From that point onwards in the online order I never saw any evidence of the 1044 code. Tried it a couple of times to make sure I did enter the 1044 code. So, went ahead anyways with the online purchase with in-store pick-up option.

I just picked it up yesterday. The receipt shows my Air Miles number. But I must be blind, as I don't see the 1044 code anywhere on the receipt. Well, the receipt is in 2 parts. The smaller payment receipt only shows a blank "ITEM", which must be the issue. I don't see anything that mentions the #12675393.

If possible, can you post a pic of your receipt. Blot out any personal info beforehand, thanks.

Here are my pix, of the smaller receipt which shows my Air Miles number but no product nor promo code. And the second pic is from the 8.5" x 11" invoice sheet which DOES show the product with a partial SKU "20246-1", although the physical bag itself has a UPC bar code with "26762 20256 2".
Image Image
I also did an online order for the grass seed. On the email I received confirming my order it shows an extra line for $0.00 which reads: "Get 12 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with each purchase of a bag of GREEN CROSS? lawn seed or fertilizer."

When I log into my Rona account online I see the same thing. I haven't yet picked up my order so I don't know if it will show on the store receipt or not, but check your email receipt to see if you have the 12 BAM mentioned. Use that as proof to AM Chat if happen to need it later.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4382 posts
2361 upvotes
Howitzer1 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:07 am
I also did an online order for the grass seed. On the email I received confirming my order it shows an extra line for $0.00 which reads: "Get 12 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with each purchase of a bag of GREEN CROSS? lawn seed or fertilizer."

When I log into my Rona account online I see the same thing. I haven't yet picked up my order so I don't know if it will show on the store receipt or not, but check your email receipt to see if you have the 12 BAM mentioned. Use that as proof to AM Chat if happen to need it later.
Thanks for your reply. And WOW! What a difference in experiences.

I received two emails shortly after my online order with these subject lines:
  • "We have received your order"
  • "Follow up on your order 65nnnnn"

Both of them show the details of my order, including the product, price, credit card used, etc. but neither of these emails have that extra line that you mentioned:
"Get 12 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with each purchase of a bag of GREEN CROSS? lawn seed or fertilizer."

I also have a Rona.ca login account, which I was logged into when I made the order, but I don't see that message either when I review the order. Of note, my Rona.ca account has my Air Miles number stored in my profile, so I didn't have to key it in during the online order, which made me feel a bit edgy about the ordering process, but I do see my AM # listed on my receipt, so no issue there.

Well, I won't be using Rona.ca for my future Big Event offers. I mean, the whole process itself was wonderful and convenient. But the handshaking with Air Miles, at least from my account, and with these promo codes, is a big FAIL. I will rescind my statement if I see the 12 BAM posted (others have said they have posted already), but it's been over a week since I placed my order so I'm not likely going to change my stance. :lol:

Thanks again for taking time to reply with your helpful and informative response!
Jul 27, 2016
420 posts
331 upvotes
Kanata
bizee-bee wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:15 pm
Thanks for your reply. And WOW! What a difference in experiences.

I received two emails shortly after my online order with these subject lines:
  • "We have received your order"
  • "Follow up on your order 65nnnnn"

Both of them show the details of my order, including the product, price, credit card used, etc. but neither of these emails have that extra line that you mentioned:
"Get 12 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with each purchase of a bag of GREEN CROSS? lawn seed or fertilizer."

I also have a Rona.ca login account, which I was logged into when I made the order, but I don't see that message either when I review the order. Of note, my Rona.ca account has my Air Miles number stored in my profile, so I didn't have to key it in during the online order, which made me feel a bit edgy about the ordering process, but I do see my AM # listed on my receipt, so no issue there.

Well, I won't be using Rona.ca for my future Big Event offers. I mean, the whole process itself was wonderful and convenient. But the handshaking with Air Miles, at least from my account, and with these promo codes, is a big FAIL. I will rescind my statement if I see the 12 BAM posted (others have said they have posted already), but it's been over a week since I placed my order so I'm not likely going to change my stance. :lol:

Thanks again for taking time to reply with your helpful and informative response!
Go through the process of applying the coupon code again to a new order (without going through to the payment screen)... see if anything is different for you this time.

When I entered promo code 1044, it asked me right there to also enter my AM card number even though I was signed into my Rona account and have my AM card registered to it already.

Perhaps even try a different browser if it still doesn't do this for you. For reference, my browser is Firefox.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4382 posts
2361 upvotes
Howitzer1 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 5:57 pm
Go through the process of applying the coupon code again to a new order (without going through to the payment screen)... see if anything is different for you this time.

When I entered promo code 1044, it asked me right there to also enter my AM card number even though I was signed into my Rona account and have my AM card registered to it already.

Perhaps even try a different browser if it still doesn't do this for you. For reference, my browser is Firefox.
Thanks. I'm an idiot. I didn't realize that you have to click the right-arrow icon next to the input field of the "Promo code", so I never had the 1044 offer applied to my original order. It's my second time ordering through rona.ca, ever. So, I wasn't familiar with the process.

When I figured it out, now I finally do see the extra line that you mentioned, at the checkout page:

They need to provide a tooltip on that right-arrow icon, or some other form of text to notify morons like me on what to do to apply it to the order! :|

Now, here's the dilemma. Do I want to do a re-order and pay $3 more for this same bag of grass seeds? The RFD imp in me says NO! :lol:
Jul 27, 2016
420 posts
331 upvotes
Kanata
bizee-bee wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 6:38 pm
Thanks. I'm an idiot. I didn't realize that you have to click the right-arrow icon next to the input field of the "Promo code", so I never had the 1044 offer applied to my original order. It's my second time ordering through rona.ca, ever. So, I wasn't familiar with the process.

When I figured it out, now I finally do see the extra line that you mentioned, at the checkout page:

They need to provide a tooltip on that right-arrow icon, or some other form of text to notify morons like me on what to do to apply it to the order! :|

Now, here's the dilemma. Do I want to do a re-order and pay $3 more for this same bag of grass seeds? The RFD imp in me says NO! :lol:
Good news ... the Rona flyer shows they'll have ALL Green Cross products for 15% off starting Thursday. So you can do the re-order if you want!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8262 posts
5712 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Did two Offers @ Rona today
(We now have 2 different AMs Accounts ... SO added a 2nd one for these BIG BONUS Events)
This one, and the one for BAMs with a Cash Miles Redemption

Finding the right Green Cross Grass Seed & Fertilizers here was pretty easy... vs Lowes
Rona had them on sale
And so they were easy to find & identify

When I went to the Cash
I told the Cashier the AMs Offer Code was 1044 and they entered it

The Rona Receipt shows my AMs Account #
And lists Bonus Code 1044 as generating 12 Bonus Miles
No mention of MegaMiles, but that’s fine

Just gotta now wait out the POSTING to my account
Not worried though, Rona has a good history of POSTING correctly
Jul 27, 2016
420 posts
331 upvotes
Kanata
Madevilz wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 8:55 am
Hey, to do those who did the offer online, were your bonus AM posted?

Also, would this fertilizer be ideal for spring fertilizing?
https://www.rona.ca/en/green-cross-nutr ... 1-12675396
I have not received my 12 BAM yet for the online purchase. Has anyone who bought in store received their 12 BAM?

As for the fertilizer ... I don't see why not, but I'm not a horticulturist.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10054 posts
9266 upvotes
Madevilz wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 8:55 am

Also, would this fertilizer be ideal for spring fertilizing?
Three numbers on the fertilizer bag represent the primary nutrients (nitrogen(N) - phosphorus(P) - potassium(K)
This Green Cross 30-0-3 fertilizer will promo general health and getting your lawn green quickly.
N for greening the lawn
P for healthy root
K for overall health
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5844 posts
1632 upvotes
Montreal
embguy wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 5:40 pm
Three numbers on the fertilizer bag represent the primary nutrients (nitrogen(N) - phosphorus(P) - potassium(K)
This Green Cross 30-0-3 fertilizer will promo general health and getting your lawn green quickly.
N for greening the lawn
P for healthy root
K for overall health
Wouldnt P and K be more important after a harsh winter?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10054 posts
9266 upvotes
Madevilz wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 5:59 pm
Wouldnt P and K be more important after a harsh winter?
Fall fertilizer 13-25-12 is used to stimulate root growth through November and December before winter sets in.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8262 posts
5712 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Howitzer1 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 5:19 pm
I have not received my 12 BAM yet for the online purchase. Has anyone who bought in store received their 12 BAM?

As for the fertilizer ... I don't see why not, but I'm not a horticulturist.
Made my Green Cross purchase on April 13th In Store
The 12 BAMs were POSTED about 4 Days later.