2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

National - RONA - 20 BAMs WUB 1 LEPAGE’s *PL Premium* adhesive (295 or 825 ml) instore/online (Nov 14th thru Nov 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 12:09 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1041 upvotes

National - RONA - 20 BAMs WUB 1 LEPAGE’s *PL Premium* adhesive (295 or 825 ml) instore/online (Nov 14th thru Nov 27th)

OFFER

Show Cashier OFFER CODE: 1058

Buy a tube of LEPAGE'S *PL Premium* construction adhesive (295 or 825 ml)*

*Offer valid November 14th to 27, 2019. Valid at participating RONA locations upon presentation of electronic coupon or its printed version and on rona.ca (bonus code must be entered in designated field when making online purchase). Valid on the following product SKUs: #0040005 and 0040006. AIR MILES* Card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Bonus Offer applies to every qualifying product. Can be combined with other offer or amount paid as of a deposit on special order. Offer does not apply to purchases charged to a store charge account. Some conditions apply. Details in Store. Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and RONA Inc.
102 replies
[OP]
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1041 upvotes
Edit: Code seems to be working in the Promotional Code field now

Just wanted to point out something with this offer.

I purchased this product on RONA's website for pickup in store. The offer terms clearly state a bonus code must be entered in designated field when making online purchase. However, there is NO field available to enter this code. There is a promo code field and 1058 does not work in that field.

I contacted Air Miles chat and this was the full conversation.

Thanks for contacting AIR MILES. A representative will be with you shortly. 5:19:55 PM
MARIE(agent): Welcome to Air Miles Chat. My name is Marie. To whom am I Chatting with today? 5:21:49
PM
ANTHONY ****: Anthony 5:21:56 PM
MARIE(agent): Hi Anthony, how was your day? 5:22:21 PM
ANTHONY ****: great yours? 5:22:35 PM
MARIE(agent): Good so far, thank you for asking. How may I assist you? 5:22:58 PM
ANTHONY ****: Hi there, I'm participating in the shop the block offers... on the Rona partner, there is an offer
to Buy 1 tube of PL Premium construction adhesive.. in the instructions, it says to enter a bonus code at
checkout and there is no code, and no ability to enter anything at checkout.. i've placed my order but i'm
concerned something didnt work properly? 5:23:03 PM
MARIE(agent): Yes, I understand your concern. Let me check that coupon. I am thinking of doing that one as
well 5:24:01 PM
ANTHONY ****: And if you tell me to enter 1058, that doesn't work. 5:26:09 PM
MARIE(agent): There is an offer code on the back of the coupon, 1058 5:26:44 PM
ANTHONY ****: read above. 5:26:55 PM
MARIE(agent): Oh, no that is all I know. Let me see if anyone else is having the same problem 5:27:26 PM
ANTHONY ****: just try check out the product right now on the website and see for yourself 5:28:10 PM
MARIE(agent): If you are ordering it online it says its for SKU #0040005 or 0040006 5:32:33 PM ANTHONY
****: Thats correct, thats the sku i purchased 5:32:58 PM
MARIE(agent): I have not heard back if anyone else is having a problem with Rona. I will put a note in your
accourt 5:36:42 PM
ANTHONY ****: There is no problem, but the terms say to enter a code.. there is no place to enter the code
5:37:43 PM
ANTHONY ****: it doesn't prevent you from buying the product so obviously there wouldn't be a problem
5:37:51 PM
ANTHONY ****: i must be the only thorough one that has discovered this 5:38:03 PM
MARIE(agent): I can only add a note to your account saying there was no place to enter code online. . And if
you don't get the Miles because of this we can add it for you 5:40:59 PM
ANTHONY ****: ok great, i'm more concerned about this being 1 of 7 transactions for the 1200 bonus miles,
that won't be affected as well, would it? 5:41:28 PM
MARIE(agent): It might. Are you buying it now online? 5:42:21 PM
ANTHONY ****: ....... I've mentioned twice already I've already placed the order? 5:42:43 PM
MARIE(agent): Can I have the order number and how much you sent so that it can all be noted in your account
please? 5:43:25 PM
ANTHONY ****: Web Order ****** We have received your order Order Date: November 14, 2019, 5 h 14
PM 5:43:42 PM
ANTHONY ****: Sub total (1 item) $7.37 HST ****** $0.96 Total $8.33 5:43:49 PM
MARIE(agent): Is this still your email? *******@gmail.com 5:45:10 PM
ANTHONY ****: yup 5:45:14 PM
ANTHONY ****: So did you try yourself to purchase the item since you were "thinking of doing that one as
well"? 5:46:07 PM
MARIE(agent): Not yet. I was only looking at the coupon. I am going into Rona and Lowes this weekend to
buy them 5:47:03 PM
MARIE(agent): That will get partners out of the way, only 5 to go 5:47:33 PM
ANTHONY ****: You got it. 5:47:41 PM
MARIE(agent): Lol, you going to do 7 partners and coupons? 5:48:03 PM
ANTHONY ****: yup, already5 5:48:38 PM
ANTHONY ****: already completed 5* 5:48:49 PM
MARIE(agent): Wow, it just started today 5:49:06 PM
ANTHONY ****: hehe :) I plan it all out 5:49:19 PM
MARIE(agent): Lol, good for Anthony. Check out airmilesholiday.ca for other promotions to get Bonus Miles
5:50:00 PM
ANTHONY ****: will do, is that it for now? 5:50:19 PM
MARIE(agent): Nice Chatting with you. Have a great night 5:50:55 PM
Last edited by flash67 on Nov 15th, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2018
56 posts
44 upvotes
Thanks @flash67 , I have been wondering the same problem...Can't really input the code anywhere online.
But what about purchase in-store? Would cashiers know how to input this code in their system? Many RONA near me are family-run small hardware stores, not RONA Hypermarkets, I doubt if the store owners know what to do with AM card and the code...

Hope others could share their experiences, thanks!
Oct 3, 2015
623 posts
919 upvotes
Midland, ON
The code works online. You put it in the Promotional Code box during checkout.
Mar 7, 2018
56 posts
44 upvotes
TheMadMax wrote: The code works online. You put it in the Promotional Code box during checkout.
Just tried it, yes it works now! Cheers :)
Earlier today it wasn't though.
[OP]
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1041 upvotes
Lammme! Maybe I`ll just place a second order and cancel the other one when I pick it up to ensure nothing goes wrong.

But thanks for the update!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5367 posts
517 upvotes
Had issues with Rona during the last promo. Cashiers (more than one) didn't know where the put in the code, and as a result, I did not get credited for Rona as a partner. Had to contact Air Miles in the end to get it resolved.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't forget 2% from EB (14c is 14c).

I like the idea of entering the code myself, rather than relying on an overworked cashier to do it. :)

=aw
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
Alternatively, check CTire for PL Premium. In Ottawa it's $6.99 (vs $7.37 at Rona/Lowes/HD/Reno). I don't know how Rona etc. handle PM, but at Home Depot they'd match the $6.99 then take off 70c (Rona website says PM, Lowes website says PM+10). PM can't be done with online order for pickup AFAIK.

=aw
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5059 posts
2683 upvotes
If I have to do this for more than one account, can I just do multiple purchases with different AM account each time and all to be picked up in store? My contractor did a great job with our renovation so all these glue sticks will go to him as I don't have a need for any of them. I will do the same for Lowe's too. They are easy to return so if I don't see my bonus AM in the account in a week or two, I can just return them. I figure if we are at 5 each of our accounts, then spend $16 to get 400AM more per account is still worth it
Aug 26, 2012
97 posts
119 upvotes
Nepean
I did it for pack to school last year and it worked. I just entered different air miles numbers for my wife and I when checking out.
mkl38s wrote: If I have to do this for more than one account, can I just do multiple purchases with different AM account each time and all to be picked up in store? My contractor did a great job with our renovation so all these glue sticks will go to him as I don't have a need for any of them. I will do the same for Lowe's too. They are easy to return so if I don't see my bonus AM in the account in a week or two, I can just return them. I figure if we are at 5 each of our accounts, then spend $16 to get 400AM more per account is still worth it
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5059 posts
2683 upvotes
If I purchase in the store and add some filler to make it $10 and redeem, it still counts right? As long as I bought the product and doesn't matter how I pay for it, just like Metro
Nov 14, 2018
63 posts
17 upvotes
I have a quick question - I just bought this online, used the code (everything seemed to go right... when I entered the code a box popped up asking for my AM number, which I entered there, as well again as on the checkout screen), but the receipt does not reflect that any code was used. Is this normal, or should the promo be reflected on the receipt?

Thanks in advance!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)