2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

National - RONA - 20 BAMs WUB 1 LEPAGE’s *PL Premium* adhesive (295 or 825 ml) instore/online (Nov 14th thru Nov 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 12:09 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 30, 2017
228 posts
180 upvotes
I did the Lowes version of the PL Adhesive yesterday online and the AM showed up on my account a day later
Images
  • Lowes 25 AM.png
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1322 posts
406 upvotes
aw1883 wrote: That must be a very specific flyer, my paper flyer matches online. No PLP in flyer, and expires Wed Nov 20.

[Added: $5.79 at CTire in Hull QC, wonder if I could use that as PM -- only 18min drive]

=aw
I priced match at$5.79 from CT at Reno Depot. Apparently no coupon needed for this offer so let's see if I receive 20BAMs.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1322 posts
406 upvotes
Can someone please confirm the UPC for the 295ml product is
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1259 posts
531 upvotes
North York, ON
wra45mon wrote: Can someone please confirm the UPC for the 295ml product is
Yes the Rona 295 ml UPC is 056643002406. Taken from actual item bought yesterday.
SKUs: #0040005 and 0040006 from STB website- Here's SKU 0040005- https://www.rona.ca/en/adhesive---pl-pr ... n-adhesive
And yes 20 BAM were on receipt.
Also bought Lowes PL Premium yesterday (no BAM on receipt) and BAM today posted on AM website.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
PointsHubby wrote: Probably... but why not up your chances of it happening and buy the product at a Rona in Gatineau too
Chances are certainly higher for Price Matching if it’s a local store
I mean if it’s only an 18 minute drive.

And while in La Belle Province / Gatineau see if you cannot add a few more easy ones to your PARTNER COUNT
* Jean Coutu
* IGA
As both of them have BAMs for Redemptions (5 BAMs for a 95 AMs = $ 10)
I was in Lowes anyway. They did PM to Hull CTire at $5.79 but didn't do the extra 10%. I didn't push it because they'd already spent 5min doing the PM and I didn't have all day. Not sure why, they're very mistrusting, had to look it up on CTire site, then change store to Hull, then ask some passing guy if 295mL PP on website is the same item as 295mL PP in front of them, then enter $5.79, then disappear to CS desk, come back empty handed, punch more keys, and finalize.

For Rona, I might just order for pickup and forego the PM, it's a longer drive and I want to make sure it's waiting for me.

I can do Jean Coutu in Ottawa (Vanier), might hit IGA and Reno together in QC though.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2214 posts
1241 upvotes
Ontario
kargesd wrote: I did the Lowes version of the PL Adhesive yesterday online and the AM showed up on my account a day later
20 BAMs for my in-store Lowe’s purchase posted too.

Nothing for Rona yet but that’s not a concern as the 20 BAMs show on the receipt.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
Rona Hunt Club PMed to CTire Hull so it was $5.79. Had to go to customer service (by entrance) to make the purchase with a PM. So far Rona, Lowes, and Ctire (unrelated to STB) have insisted on looking up the price themselves, at least Lowes could do it right on the "register". Rona and CT had to go to a different computer (thus, I guess, why it requires paying at CS). Total PITA though I guess HD will go that route soon. If WM and supermarkets can trust us on the PM, why can't the home improvement stores!?

=aw
Jul 27, 2016
893 posts
952 upvotes
Kanata
Lowe's Kanata also PM'ed Canadian Tire in QC ($5.79 - 10%) for me last night at 6pm. As mentioned above, I also had to go to Customer Service to do this - they have to look it up on the other retailer's website and then print the page off.

The 20 BAM just showed up in my AM account about an hour ago.

2 partners done and posted Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
That's great! Lowes Gloucester was able to look up right at cash (browser on the terminal) though she did go away for something. Didn't give me the 10% and took so long I didn't ask.

Was going to hit RD Vaudreuil or DDO today but didn't go to YUL. RD does PM not PM+10.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3231 posts
1034 upvotes
Ontario
Wow, now I know why I never shop at Rona.

When I presented coupon and AM card I was told they only scan AM card if purchase is over $10. What???

She then rolled her eyes, and told she'd do it "This time"....
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.9%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5059 posts
2683 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Wow, now I know why I never shop at Rona.

When I presented coupon and AM card I was told they only scan AM card if purchase is over $10. What???

She then rolled her eyes, and told she'd do it "This time"....
She needs to enter the coupon code too. Did she do that?
May 19, 2009
648 posts
891 upvotes
Vancouver
kargesd wrote: I did the Lowes version of the PL Adhesive yesterday online and the AM showed up on my account a day later
Just wanted to double check, when you buy online on Lowes, there is no promo code to enter right? Just AirMiles card number?

For RONA the coupon code is 1058 right?

Another probably wishful thinking question: Would Lowes and RONA PM the Quebec CT? It's $5.79 there lol. If they won't, then I'll just order online so that I don't risk them running out.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/lepa ... 1068p.html

Thanks in advance!
Mar 30, 2017
228 posts
180 upvotes
sherri-chan wrote: Just wanted to double check, when you buy online on Lowes, there is no promo code to enter right? Just AirMiles card number?

For RONA the coupon code is 1058 right?

Another probably wishful thinking question: Would Lowes and RONA PM the Quebec CT? It's $5.79 there lol. If they won't, then I'll just order online so that I don't risk them running out.

Thanks in advance!
Correct no promo code for Lowes

I just made an account and added my AM card number to the account and bought the item
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3231 posts
1034 upvotes
Ontario
mkl38s wrote: She needs to enter the coupon code too. Did she do that?
Yeah. But she threw me off when she said I have to pay first before scanning AM card. Very strange...Tapped my CC then she scanned my AM and entered the coupon code. I see the AM # on receipt but no mention of BAM or promo code.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.9%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
sherri-chan wrote: Another probably wishful thinking question: Would Lowes and RONA PM the Quebec CT? It's $5.79 there lol. If they won't, then I'll just order online so that I don't risk them running out.
Typically they'll PM "local" competitors. They did $5.79 in Ottawa, but hard to imagine much further. The PMing supermarkets here typically include QC.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)