2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

National - RONA - 20 BAMs WUB 1 LEPAGE’s *PL Premium* adhesive (295 or 825 ml) instore/online (Nov 14th thru Nov 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 12:09 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11210 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Dunkster wrote: It took about 3 business days, but I did receive the 20 air miles from one of the "closing" Rona stores + 20% everything discount.
Curious ... which store ?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1240 posts
1067 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Curious ... which store ?
Edmonton, SW Ellerslie store.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
8797 posts
1173 upvotes
Richmond Hill
went to Rona markham yesterday, tried to do 2nd transaction of PL glue using family member's AM card, got refused, one per customer, person must come, weird, anyone had similar experience?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4458 posts
2087 upvotes
wlee wrote: went to Rona markham yesterday, tried to do 2nd transaction of PL glue using family member's AM card, got refused, one per customer, person must come, weird, anyone had similar experience?
I did 3 transactions at Lowe's no problem at all. I didn't do the Rona's PL because wasting $6 (throwing away), I could do $50 (think of it as cost of $44 without Rona's) Sobeys/Foodland or $40 ($34 net cost if I don't do Rona) at Rexall instead :)
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11210 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
wlee wrote: went to Rona markham yesterday, tried to do 2nd transaction of PL glue using family member's AM card, got refused, one per customer, person must come, weird, anyone had similar experience?
Weird indeed

First ... that’s not what the STB Offer actually says
The T&Cs here nicely typed up in the OP by @flash67

Unless there’s a sign in store stating one per Customer
I think it’s a case of the Franchise Store making up their own rules
As there are no limitations for how many times one can use the STB Coupon

It’s certainly 1 STB PARTNER COUNT for Rona
But no limits on number of transactions on this offer
(Unlike Some STB PARTNERS ... where it specifically says ONE USE PER COLLECTOR ACCOUNT )

And sorry ... BS on the card must belong to the Customer

AirMiles actually ENCOURAGES collectors to order extra cards & share them with family members & friends etc
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Help?N=3999998225
See ... HOW DO I ORDER MORE AIRMILES CARDS

Wondering though what prompted the Stores challenge to you ...
What attracted their attention ?
Were you price matching ... doing multiple transactions one after another, etc ?

Tell us more

Cuz under normal circumstances a Store ain’t gonna know who’s AMs Card is being used
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1207 posts
523 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't know, but I assumed the previous poster stood there with 2 (or 3) tubes of PLP and 2 (or 3) AM cards and wanted to run through one after the other. That would attract attention, but it's what I did, both with PM and without. :) Though I didn't say "I want to use my wife's card", I said "I want to pay for these individually" so I didn't flag it, though I did have 3AM cards in my hand and put each one in my pocket as I went. :)

My answer to previous question would be to say "thank you", put tube in car, come back in and do it again. Though depending on the store there might be only one cashier.

I actually considered ordering online for pickup for RD, since it was the most inconvenient location and wanted to know they were there. I would have ordered in different names, with corresponding AM cards, and marked myself as the alternate picker-upper. In the end I didn't because website said they had >300 in stock, and I knew they would want to call and confirm I really meant to order 3 times. Figured it was worth the risk.

=aw
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1207 posts
523 upvotes
Ottawa
It was probably about the cashier. Slight off-topic, but I PMed a snow shovel at CTire Ottawa to CTire Gatineau. First I learned I had to go to customer service, then the agent gave me a steady stream of refusals. I was getting annoyed at the way she was presenting the logic, and I kept pushing back. Finally she asked a supervisor if they PMed to QC and he said yes. It made sense because CT actually say (paraphrasing) "'local' is within 200km" though I suspect it would have been harder to PM an independent store in Montreal (though still <200km). So Rona was probably a cashier being over enthusiastic. Or management.

=aw
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5523 posts
1098 upvotes
Toronto
RFDQ1016 wrote: I did exactly that too....... Did the 150 airmiles post in your account yet?
150 Just posted for me
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5523 posts
1098 upvotes
Toronto
akaManny wrote: also waiting to see the 150 ... as I got an Onyx offer, earn 100 AM get 50 BAM
150 posted dated Nov 28. My Onyx offer is from Nov 24-26. I don't know if I would get my bonus Onyx offer
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7222 posts
4601 upvotes
Canada
ricedion wrote: 150 Just posted for me
Thanks, they just posted for me too !
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2490 posts
1203 upvotes
ricedion wrote: 150 posted dated Nov 28. My Onyx offer is from Nov 24-26. I don't know if I would get my bonus Onyx offer
Yes, mine also dated Nov 28. I think we will be able to argue the date is incorrect. Just so happens that I did my 4th fillup at Shell on the 26th and have 106 posted on that date, so I likely will not need to argue...Anyone else, please post when you get the 50 AM for this Onyx offer
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
8797 posts
1173 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mkl38s wrote: I did 3 transactions at Lowe's no problem at all. I didn't do the Rona's PL because wasting $6 (throwing away), I could do $50 (think of it as cost of $44 without Rona's) Sobeys/Foodland or $40 ($34 net cost if I don't do Rona) at Rexall instead :)
same here no problem at Lowe's
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
8797 posts
1173 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PointsHubby wrote: Weird indeed

First ... that’s not what the STB Offer actually says
The T&Cs here nicely typed up in the OP by @flash67

Unless there’s a sign in store stating one per Customer
I think it’s a case of the Franchise Store making up their own rules
As there are no limitations for how many times one can use the STB Coupon

It’s certainly 1 STB PARTNER COUNT for Rona
But no limits on number of transactions on this offer
(Unlike Some STB PARTNERS ... where it specifically says ONE USE PER COLLECTOR ACCOUNT )

And sorry ... BS on the card must belong to the Customer

AirMiles actually ENCOURAGES collectors to order extra cards & share them with family members & friends etc
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Help?N=3999998225
See ... HOW DO I ORDER MORE AIRMILES CARDS

Wondering though what prompted the Stores challenge to you ...
What attracted their attention ?
Were you price matching ... doing multiple transactions one after another, etc ?

Tell us more

Cuz under normal circumstances a Store ain’t gonna know who’s AMs Card is being used
indeed i was looking for a specific model of ergo snow pusher, sold out at local CT/HD, found the last one there, so i requested price match and was approved by a customer service girl, when i check out the cashier took her break so the same customer service girl came over to help me but she refused to let me buy 2nd glue. anyway i'm pretty happy with the snow pusher...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2841 posts
806 upvotes
Ontario
For those that bought this online, how quickly did you get your miles to post?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Mar 7, 2018
41 posts
30 upvotes
Bought online and pick-up in store around Nov.15, so far nothing has been posted...
Should I be worried?