2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

National - SHELL RETAIL - 5 BAMs with a Minimum 25 L Gas Fill Up (March 21st thru April 25th)

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2019 1:51 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4966 posts
338 upvotes
Tip: For Shell stations where the attendant likes to scan their "own" coupon, ensure that "Promo 940" shows up on the cash register's display (at the moment the coupon is scanned) before the transaction is totalled.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4072 posts
441 upvotes
I tried to get this offer last week, but I realized today when looking at the receipt that the attendant scanned 939 instead of 940. Bought some more gas this morning and attendant scanned correct 940 promo. Verified when the receipt had 16 airmiles on it (1 for everyday, 5 for mm, and 10 for the text promo)
Oct 1, 2010
29 posts
4 upvotes
I opted-in, filled up, and then went inside the store and paid without using a coupon. Persevering Face didnt see that you have to pay at pump if you opt in. Any idea if it will still work?
Nov 23, 2012
416 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
danjordan98 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 6:09 pm
I opted-in, filled up, and then went inside the store and paid without using a coupon. Persevering Face didnt see that you have to pay at pump if you opt in. Any idea if it will still work?
Most likely not. Scan the coupon inside is the most reliable way.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3813 posts
1595 upvotes
Did 25L, went inside and paid, the attendant was scanning the coupon, I specifically mentioned the gas coupon, and he still scanned 939 instead :facepalm: . The receipt has nothing about Megamiles. Oh well next time, I will give him the coupon to scan for sure
Nov 26, 2015
769 posts
499 upvotes
Ontario
danjordan98 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 6:09 pm
Shell usually posts to your account in about 3-7 days. So you have lots of time to see if it worked or not. During lasts year shop the block I also opted in. The first time I scanned but every other time I pumped, I did not. The opt in did work and I had multiple entries of "Shop the Block Offer". I would think if something along the lines of "2019 Mega Miles offer" appears in your account in the transaction points list, you are good to go.
Jan 18, 2007
94 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
idee wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 3:23 am
Texted SHELL to 111222 and got this after entering my AM number.

“Thanks! Get 10 Bonus Miles with each fuel purchase (min 25 L) up to 100 Miles, starts Mar 26 until Jun 3. Enjoy! Txt AMINFO for T&Cs.”
Tried this today, got the reply 'This program has ended.'
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2792 posts
1159 upvotes
Waterloo
mkl38s wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 8:40 am
the rule is min 25L, regardless of how you pay for it so it should work. But why would you use your cash miles like that unless there is something special, e.g. get 20BAM when spend 95AM. if not, it's better use them at other places when they offer BAM back, like Rexall, Rona, Metro, etc
So I've got a bunch of cash miles that I've been accumulating through the various Mega Miles/STB promotions. So far I've only ever redeemed when I need to in order to complete an offer.
I normally don't shop at Rona, Rexall or Metro.
So I'm thinking Shell will be the main place that I redeem most of my Air Miles at for gas. Do they often do 20BAM when spend 95AM? And do they send an email when this happens? I usually just delete my AM emails without reading them...looks like it's time to actually pay attention!
Jul 25, 2015
109 posts
41 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Opted in online, bought 27 litres, receipt shows 1+10 miles, 10 miles being the text promo. So I think it'll be like last time where they batch post all the 5 BAM at the end of the promo for those that opted in online. Will fill up a couple of times over the next month to make sure.
Jun 18, 2018
319 posts
121 upvotes
crystallight wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 2:35 pm
So I've got a bunch of cash miles that I've been accumulating through the various Mega Miles/STB promotions. So far I've only ever redeemed when I need to in order to complete an offer.
So I'm thinking Shell will be the main place that I redeem most of my Air Miles at for gas. Do they often do 20BAM when spend 95AM? And do they send an email when this happens? I usually just delete my AM emails without reading them...looks like it's time to actually pay attention!
Same here. As for the frequency, I can''t speak to that but to give you some insight... I have one card that I regularly receive the 4x25L fill-ups in a month that I been doing for almost a year now (I usually only reach 4 fillups lol) and I've never received that offer. I have another card that is Onyx where I filled up once for the STB promo, and I got the offer a few weeks ago, and was communicated by email.

Some have mentioned that if you try to redeem without a promotion, it may help your chances. Might even be a good idea to get 2 cards and do MM/STB for them and then you essentially get more offers to choose from.
May 14, 2012
195 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
Got this popup message on the mega miles site:

Please note

Due to a technical error on our end, Collectors who opted in to the BMO, Shell and/or Irving AIR MILES MEGA MILES offers between March 21 and 22 were not registered.

To ensure that your purchases qualify for the MEGA MILES promotion, we ask that you please opt in again. Rest assured: as long as you do so by April 25, 2019, any transactions you have already made will still qualify.

We apologize for any inconvenience. As always, please keep your receipts during the promotion and visit our FAQ page if you have any questions.
Aug 26, 2012
76 posts
72 upvotes
Nepean
crystallight wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 2:35 pm
It is a targeted offer sent to your email. They come out about every two months. When I need $40 worth of gas, I will do 4 transactions to get BAMs on each $10 cash miles redemption. I end up using 380 cash miles and get back 80 air miles. It’s a pretty good offer!