2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

National - SHELL RETAIL GASOLINE - 5 BAMs WUB a Minimum 25 Litres of any Grade Gas (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 2:48 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14580 posts
11784 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

National - SHELL RETAIL GASOLINE - 5 BAMs WUB a Minimum 25 Litres of any Grade Gas (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

OFFER

5 Bonus AirMiles @ SHELL When You Buy a Minimum of 25 Litres of any Grade Gas ... November 14th thru December 27th, 2019

COUPON STATUS - OPT IN ON LINE to use at pump ... Opt In link found on the STB Website Offer (keep a screen shot)
OR
COUPON REQUIRED with In store Payment ... Coupon Bar Code is 0-49999-99940-7
Paper or E-Coupon (see TIPS & TRICKS Section in Reply # 1 below)

FINE PRINT

>>> Flying J Locations Excluded
Maximum 20 BAMs per AMs Collector Account
(Seems to be NO restrictions on multiple usage other than the 20 BAMs max per Collector Account)
OFFER STACKS with other offers

FOR MORE INFO AMs STB Website = https://shoptheblock.ca/en/
and READ the TIPS & TRICKS Section in this thread at Reply # 1
THREAD CREATED FROM THE STB WEBSITE
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 15th, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
60 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14580 posts
11784 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER
For
TIPS & TRICKS

* NOTE - Shell is notorious for not having their computers set up in time or their staff trained.
So this is one AMs PARTNER for sure worth waiting a few days on for the bugs to get worked out.
Personally, we usually wait until after the first weekend, if an offer runs longer.

* When the Offer goes thru correctly ones Receipt should show PROMO 940

* If using a paper coupon for this Offer... the processing instructions are printed on the coupon for the Cashier
1. Add Fuel to transaction
2. Scan Coupon OR for Coupons presented on Mobile Devices, hit the “Enter UPC / PLU” on POS, then enter 00 049 999 999 407 (numbers only, no spaces)
3. Scan / Swipe / Enter AirMiles Card

Based on past BIG BONUS EVENTS the order seems important
So hand off the coupon first for scanning / entry ... AirMiles Card ... and lastly payment

* NOTE - ECoupons / Digital Coupons on Devices... based on past BIG BONUS EVENTS ... you may find that some Cashiers cannot process these (or don’t want to ... each Shell is a franchise, and some Owners May only want hard copy coupons). It’s an inconvenience ... but not much you can do about.
BEST ADVICE ... keep some coupons in your vehicle (either from the STB Booklets, or printed off the website)
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 15th, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Apr 20, 2016
277 posts
219 upvotes
Ottawa
I used my own printed coupon in-store. Got the BAM on the receipt.

Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5369 posts
520 upvotes
Tried to use Shell coupon for GAS this evening, but the system would not recognize the coupon (the one for purchasing 25L or more of gas). The cashier said that the screen kept saying "item not found" when he scanned the coupon.

Not sure what was going on.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2911 posts
770 upvotes
I don't think Shell's instruction on how to use this offer at the pump is correct.

It says:
1. To opt in to this offer, enter your AIR MILES Collector Number in the box below and click “Opt in.”
2. On your next fill-up of 25 L or more, simply pay at the pump and you’re good to go.

simply pay at the pump will get you nothing. You need to insert your airmiles card first. Am I correct?
Nov 25, 2012
126 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
So if I understand this corrrctly I get 5 air miles for a minimum 25 litres. So for me to get $10 worth of air mikes I would have to go this 19 times. Canadian tire gives me 5 cents per litre.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5059 posts
2686 upvotes
lolobutt wrote: So if I understand this corrrctly I get 5 air miles for a minimum 25 litres. So for me to get $10 worth of air mikes I would have to go this 19 times. Canadian tire gives me 5 cents per litre.
5 AM and an offer for STB and that is the important part (1/7 of ~$130). Some of us like myself have offers from Shell for 100BAM (worth >$10) if I do it 4 times. Then I paid by easypay app and got 25AM on the first time and 3 AM for the next 3 time. So it's far better than CT I tell you
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2216 posts
1245 upvotes
Ontario
braveblade wrote: I don't think Shell's instruction on how to use this offer at the pump is correct.

It says:
1. To opt in to this offer, enter your AIR MILES Collector Number in the box below and click “Opt in.”
2. On your next fill-up of 25 L or more, simply pay at the pump and you’re good to go.

simply pay at the pump will get you nothing. You need to insert your airmiles card first. Am I correct?
If you didn’t swipe your AM card at the pump, then how will they know it’s your AM account that’s tied to the transaction and not someone else’s?

Also, last year, I read there were a lot of problems with opting in on-line. It was better if you had paid inside and have the STB coupon scanned by the CSR. Don’t know if it’s better this year. I won’t chance it. Too much headache chasing AMs later.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1259 posts
529 upvotes
North York, ON
Completed buy 25L receive 5 BAM. PROMO 940 on receipt. Even though I had opted in to be safe I took the promo coupon in for cashier to scan manually. 3 down 4 to go.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1034 posts
196 upvotes
Opted in, used the app to prepay at the pump and didn't get a single air mile Crying Face
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5059 posts
2686 upvotes
masalma wrote: Opted in, used the app to prepay at the pump and didn't get a single air mile Crying Face
You should have gotten the 4 miles on the receipt sent to you through email, no printout receipt at the pump
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1034 posts
196 upvotes
Normally yes i use it all the time. But yesterday the only thing it had on there was my Airmiles number and nothing about points which is weird
Aug 23, 2010
589 posts
524 upvotes
GTA
Filled up today and successfully got the 5 BAM :)
Paid in store with coupon. Receipt shows Promo 940 as mentioned and 5 BAM for Shop The Block.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1322 posts
407 upvotes
j831 wrote: Filled up today and successfully got the 5 BAM :)
Paid in store with coupon. Receipt shows Promo 940 as mentioned and 5 BAM for Shop The Block.
Did they scan the coupon? It wasn't working when scanning yesterday.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1259 posts
529 upvotes
North York, ON
wra45mon wrote: Did they scan the coupon? It wasn't working when scanning yesterday.
There's also an alternative method for the cashier to enter Promo:
"Scan coupon OR for coupons presented on mobile devices, hit the “Enter UPC/PLU” on the POS,
then enter 00 049 999 999 407 (numbers only, no spaces)"
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have a number of local Air Miles Partners in my neighborhood that are fully versed in AM progs and Promos. Have never had a hassle.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)