2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

National - SHELL RETAIL GASOLINE - 5 BAMs WUB a Minimum 25 Litres of any Grade Gas (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 2:48 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14554 posts
11759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
silverjelly wrote: I opted in for the pay-at-the-pump offer online with my AM card, did not get the 5 bonus AM

Next time will use the coupon in-store
svattom wrote: The BAMs for opting in online don't show on the receipt, and last year they only got posted towards the end all at once. I think something similar happened for Mega Miles earlier this year. You may want to use the coupon just for peace of mind, but everything eventually worked out OK in the past AFAIK.

@PointsHubby You may want to add this info to the second post.
This

Those who OPT IN will have their STB BAMs for the Shell Gas Offer BATCH POSTED

If memory serves, Shell Reported to AirMiles & Miles POSTED in 2 or 3 Batches.

So you’ll see a delay ... as you have to wait out the Reporting Cycle

BUT ... the upside was fewer “Cashier Processing Errors” which meant having to go back and redo the Offer ... and not having to leave the pumps to pay
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2617 posts
1333 upvotes
svattom wrote: Got an email earlier today about a new Shell promo. Get 50 BAMs when you fill up 4 times (min 25L) between Nov 21 and Dec 27.
No coupon or opt-in required, stacks with this STB offer. GTA only + a few other nearby cities.
T&Cs here: https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/of ... -fuel.html
Reminder also that the cents off coupons from Sobeys expire Sunday, Nov 24.
Dec 28, 2014
114 posts
19 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I did the shop the block promotion for shell for 25L and it said the code was 940 but doesn't say shop the block on it like it did for the thrifty's receipt...the guy didn't even scan it with a scanner, he punched something in and said he knew what it was.

it also said 1 next to it, doesnt say 5 bonus airmiles which i thought was the promotion..

was it still correct though?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2617 posts
1333 upvotes
Keep your receipt, because you may need to claim later. Different Shell stations may post differently, but in Ontario the 5 BAM show on the receipt as 'Shop the Block Fuel Offer'
Dec 28, 2014
114 posts
19 upvotes
Victoria, BC
akaManny wrote: Keep your receipt, because you may need to claim later. Different Shell stations may post differently, but in Ontario the 5 BAM show on the receipt as 'Shop the Block Fuel Offer'
thanks, i'm in BC so i wasn't sure if i got the right promotion or not cause it didn't say 5 bonus airmiles.

although on my thrifty's receipt, it said it was 5x the bonus airmiles although i only got 8 airmiles from it too...but it does say shop the block
Dec 8, 2008
264 posts
245 upvotes
Winnipeg
In MB - 940 code is on my receipt and SHOP the BLOCK 5 AM is on my transaction record.
You should be okay.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2617 posts
1333 upvotes
mdb1983 wrote: thanks, i'm in BC so i wasn't sure if i got the right promotion or not cause it didn't say 5 bonus airmiles.

although on my thrifty's receipt, it said it was 5x the bonus airmiles although i only got 8 airmiles from it too...but it does say shop the block
For Thrifty's, 5x the base miles in total, so 2 base (1x) and 8 bonus (4x). You cannot compare this to Shell, because each partner posts differently, and Shell is 5 BAM not 4x.
Dec 28, 2014
114 posts
19 upvotes
Victoria, BC
marmalade12 wrote: In MB - 940 code is on my receipt and SHOP the BLOCK 5 AM is on my transaction record.
You should be okay.
oh ok, thanks for the help
Dec 28, 2014
114 posts
19 upvotes
Victoria, BC
akaManny wrote: For Thrifty's, 5x the base miles in total, so 2 base (1x) and 8 bonus (4x). You cannot compare this to Shell, because each partner posts differently, and Shell is 5 BAM not 4x.
thanks for the clarification!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14554 posts
11759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mdb1983 wrote: I did the shop the block promotion for shell for 25L and it said the code was 940 but doesn't say shop the block on it like it did for the thrifty's receipt...the guy didn't even scan it with a scanner, he punched something in and said he knew what it was.

it also said 1 next to it, doesnt say 5 bonus airmiles which i thought was the promotion..

was it still correct though?
Hi,

Moving this entire convo to the correct offer thread, found here
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/national ... h-2329316/

PLEASE NOTE - The STB 2019 SUB FORUM is meant to operate much like the HOT DEALS FORUM does
Where there are threads for each offer

General discussion threads for this SUB FORUM are found in these places

STICKIES at the top of the SUB FORUM Directory

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/stb-2019 ... 9-2328695/ ... for General chit chat with other RFDers on the Event ... what their plans are, Offers / Challenges completed etc

And this one topic for Offers that have not yet a thread of their own

* http://forums.redflagdeals.com/airmiles ... n-2327147/

PointsHubby
STB 2019 Sub Forum Host
Feb 1, 2018
959 posts
1091 upvotes
Montréal
I also opted in online and paid at the pump. Just got the 1 base mile posted. No mention of STB bonus miles either posted to my account or, as far as I can tell, on the receipt. Looks like this one was a bust, since I won't drive enough between now and the end of the promo period to get to another 25L refill. Too bad, since it would have been offer #3 so this cost me 300 points.
(In QC for reference.)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5059 posts
2683 upvotes
When you try to opt in again, it will tell you you have already opted in. Capture that screen with your 1 mile purchase transaction, you can easily show chat agent and get your STB offer fix for your 300Am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14554 posts
11759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
seriesofcontradictions wrote: I also opted in online and paid at the pump. Just got the 1 base mile posted. No mention of STB bonus miles either posted to my account or, as far as I can tell, on the receipt. Looks like this one was a bust, since I won't drive enough between now and the end of the promo period to get to another 25L refill. Too bad, since it would have been offer #3 so this cost me 300 points.
(In QC for reference.)
mkl38s wrote: When you try to opt in again, it will tell you you have already opted in. Capture that screen with your 1 mile purchase transaction, you can easily show chat agent and get your STB offer fix for your 300Am
We always take a screen shot to confirm we OPTED IN on these types of Offers ... and it shows the date & time

Based on PAST BIG BONUS Events ...

Those who OPT IN vs using a Coupon Instore ... see their BAMs BATCH POST

Shell only does it a few times during the run of the BIG BONUS Event

So not seeing them POST yet ,.. doesn’t mean you missed out on getting them, or the PARTNER COUNT

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)