2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

National - SHELL RETAIL GASOLINE - 5 BAMs WUB a Minimum 25 Litres of any Grade Gas (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 2:48 pm
Tags:
None
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2007
692 posts
279 upvotes
Winnipeg
Got my all my bonus airmiles for this today (20 AM total for 4 separate transactions)

Opted-in online
Sr. Member
Jul 27, 2016
903 posts
984 upvotes
Kanata
Same here!

I also used their EasyPay app for my transactions.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1275 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
Seems the first batch is out...second probably won't be until after the promo ends.
Sr. Member
Jul 27, 2016
903 posts
984 upvotes
Kanata
Electrah wrote: Seems the first batch is out...second probably won't be until after the promo ends.
DP: Dec 13th was my last 25L transaction at Shell and I got the 5 BAM opt-in for it yesterday.

Did anyone do a transaction later than that and get the BAMs already?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1275 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
Howitzer1 wrote: DP: Dec 13th was my last 25L transaction at Shell and I got the 5 BAM opt-in for it yesterday.

Did anyone do a transaction later than that and get the BAMs already?
That's interesting because I didn't receive my 5 BAM from my Dec 14th purchase.. so I would be curious if anyone did....
Member
Apr 28, 2014
222 posts
88 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Electrah wrote: That's interesting because I didn't receive my 5 BAM from my Dec 14th purchase.. so I would be curious if anyone did....
I filled up on December 14th with my spouse's card, and it has not posted as of today, though the regular points did, along with points from a different offer.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 5, 2013
114 posts
116 upvotes
Points posted for me as well.

Of important note:
I had opted in for pay at the pump but my hubby was doing the shop wrong and was going into the store to pay. He would present his Airmiles card, but not the coupon. All of those purchases that I thought were ineligible received the bonus + my own pay at the pump purchase.

So it would appear that you don't need to use the coupon at all, and you can just "opt in" and pay at the till or, at the pump.

I really wish that they had clear instructions!
Nice surprise though.

K.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14589 posts
11791 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
kookzy wrote: Points posted for me as well.

Of important note:
I had opted in for pay at the pump but my hubby was doing the shop wrong and was going into the store to pay. He would present his Airmiles card, but not the coupon. All of those purchases that I thought were ineligible received the bonus + my own pay at the pump purchase.

So it would appear that you don't need to use the coupon at all, and you can just "opt in" and pay at the till or, at the pump.

I really wish that they had clear instructions!
Nice surprise though.

K.
Good Post
And YES a very welcome surprise

I hadn’t thought about this possibility before your post

But on reflection ... it makes “perfect sense” that OPTING IN on Gas would work BOTH at the pump and instore ... as someone paying Cash would have to go inside to pay.

Thx for sharing

Will make sure this info gets added to TIPS & TRICKS for MegaMiles 2020.
Sr. Member
Feb 1, 2018
959 posts
1091 upvotes
Montréal
DP: I made my Shell purchase on December 15th after having opted in online, and I paid at the pump. The 1 base mile posted quickly, but as of today (Jan 7th) the 5 BAMs still have not posted.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14589 posts
11791 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
seriesofcontradictions wrote: DP: I made my Shell purchase on December 15th after having opted in online, and I paid at the pump. The 1 base mile posted quickly, but as of today (Jan 7th) the 5 BAMs still have not posted.
They are BATCH POSTING the BAMs

My Dec 13th purchase of gas (OPTED IN)
POSTED in the December 19th BATCH
Which was BATCH # 1 ... Cut off based on other posts here
Seems to have been December 13th

Purchases made for gas (OPTED IN)
December 14th thru 27th
Still have not BATCH POSTED

I too am waiting
On a fill up I did Christmas Eve Afternoon

* Interesting... STB 2019 ran Nov 14th thru Dec 27th
And Shell’s first BATCH POSTING covered Nov 14th thru Dec 13th
And POSTED December 19th
So hard to say what will happen with BATCH # 2
Will we see them around January 19th
Or after January 27th ?
Anybody’s guess at this point
Just need to wait & see
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1275 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
The final batches were posted today, strangely enough the transaction date is not back-dated, only the base. I opted in and purchased gas on the last day of the promo on a new card.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14589 posts
11791 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Electrah wrote: The final batches were posted today, strangely enough the transaction date is not back-dated, only the base. I opted in and purchased gas on the last day of the promo on a new card.
Yes, my BAMs arrived today as well for my Christmas Eve purchase
Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Like you somewhat disappointed they weren’t backdated ... but rather POSTED as 2020 transactions
By BMO STB BAMs did the same thing this week as well.

Nice getting the Miles I am due show up
But now watching my expected 2019 Total backslide
Fortunately ... we made Onyx long ago
But it certainly could effect other RFDers losing out on potentially 100s of PENDING AIRMILES
Member
Mar 6, 2011
211 posts
44 upvotes
All my other STB offers have posted, but I never got the Shell fuel bonus. Opted in online, and bought gas at the pump on Nov 20. My account shows the regular air miles + 10x for V-Power. Looks like its safe to assume I'm not getting the STB miles? What are my options? I need those miles, its my 5th offer for 800 miles!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14589 posts
11791 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
dtaylorl wrote: All my other STB offers have posted, but I never got the Shell fuel bonus. Opted in online, and bought gas at the pump on Nov 20. My account shows the regular air miles + 10x for V-Power. Looks like its safe to assume I'm not getting the STB miles? What are my options? I need those miles, its my 5th offer for 800 miles!
TECHNICALLY ...
AMs has 60 DAYS (2 months) from the END of a BIG BONUS Event to POST any FULL PARTNER BONUS MILES
That date won’t happen until the end of February *

Cuz you OPTED IN (vs using an instore coupon)
You’ll need to work directly with AirMiles on this
Today is basically DAY 30
AFTER the STB 2019 BIG BONUS Event ENDED
So you should phone or live chat with them to explain your situation / concerns

By any chance do you have a screen shot to prove you OPTED IN
They might ask for that as proof

* Be aware that AMs might just quote you chapter & verse on their POSTING schedule
So they could put you off, and tell you to contact them again after the 60 Days have passed
Be polite, and patient
Explain you are on RFD, and have seen everyone else get their BONUS MILES and are now getting concerned
And if they do award you the BAMs now
Also ask that they put a note on your file
That this represents another PARTNER COUNT
(Doesn’t mean though that you also won’t find yourself chasing down missing BB BAMs too )

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)