Students

Nationalized Paramedic Programs

[OP]
Dec 14, 2006
625 posts
96 upvotes

Nationalized Paramedic Programs

I'm applying to College next September for a Paramedic course (probably) and I have heard that it is best to get into a nationalized program meaning that you can work across the country rather than Ontario alone. I know Cambrian offers this but does anyone know of what other colleges do? I was thinking of applying to Fanshawe, Niagara and Fleming. I can't seem to find the info though.

Thanks!
2 replies
Jan 29, 2006
430 posts
21 upvotes
I don't believe there is a national program. Each province has its own sets of rules and regulations and qualification standards for paramedics. I believe there are some agreements between provinces in recognizing paramedics from other provinces which makes its easier to work in a difference province from the one you received your schooling at.

From what I have been told, if you get your paramedic schooling in Ontario, it shouldn't be hard to work in another province.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2006
625 posts
96 upvotes
Yeah that's what I thought. I didn't think there was any sort of national program. However on Cambrian's website for their program it says graduates are eligible to work anywhere in Canada. Maybe it's some sort of specialized thing. From what I can gather from a few sites, there is usually just some sort of exam you can write to qualify. I'll call/email someone on Monday to find out.

Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)