Apr 16, 2002
21915 posts
25252 upvotes
Toronto

Nationwide - Jan 19. Free small popcorn @ Cineplex w/Scene card

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 19, 2018
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
24 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4438 posts
2646 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
RFD road trip with the family to get popcorns, won't even see a movie! :-)
😱
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3655 posts
311 upvotes
that's like a $20 value!

seriously though. any limit? no purchase necessary? Do you think they swipe your card or just show it to them?
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
577 posts
5052 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Here's the press release - https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/c ... 22613.html

Doesn't look like a ticket purchase is required, but they have to scan your card so there's a limit of one. There's also a popcorn truck with free popcorn cruising around Toronto that day:
Cineplex will also be sharing its passion for popcorn across the Greater Toronto Area on January 19 with the help of a popcorn-inspired food truck. The truck will be visiting high-traffic areas across the city to hand out free, freshly-made popcorn to the public. Interested in popping by to visit the popcorn truck? Keep an eye on @CineplexMovies for route details and follow along using the hashtag #NationalPopcornDay.
Ice Town Costs Ice Clown His Town Crown
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2949 upvotes
probably up-charge for butter. Unless this is butter and popcorn day.
Nov 20, 2016
272 posts
322 upvotes
Victoria BC
Got this email a few minutes ago :)
unnamed (3).jpg
The fine print: *SCENE™ card must be presented and scanned for offer to be claimed. The offer is valid on January 19, 2018 only for one small bag of popcorn per SCENE member and cannot be combined with any other concession offers, combos or promotions.
Oct 2, 2015
527 posts
242 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
What happened to that event where they were experimenting if lightning could "pop" popcorn?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1098 posts
439 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Too bad it's not today, need to use up my Wednesday coupons from the Cineplex holiday bundle Face With Tears Of Joy
Beware the RFD Effect
Jun 29, 2015
299 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto, ON
munguswot wrote: Got this email a few minutes ago :)

unnamed (3).jpg

The fine print: *SCENE™ card must be presented and scanned for offer to be claimed. The offer is valid on January 19, 2018 only for one small bag of popcorn per SCENE member and cannot be combined with any other concession offers, combos or promotions.
Guess that's a no on paying a dollar to upsize to a large?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1065 posts
455 upvotes
ZeppelinDude93 wrote: Guess that's a no on paying a dollar to upsize to a large?
I'd like to know if anyone tried this as well. I always go to the theatre just to buy the popcorn to go and not the show.
Aug 30, 2012
187 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone with a SCENE card can receive a free small bag to accompany their movie, and all they need to do is scan their membership cards (or their barcodes on the SCENE app) at the concession stand.The offer is valid for one bag per SCENE member and cannot be used with other concession promos.
You do not have to watch a movie, however some locations do require for you to purchase a ticket to enter the theater.

1067_PopcornDay_Email_600x850_V2.jpg
*SCENE™ card must be presented and scanned for offer to be claimed. The offer is valid on January 19, 2018 only for one small bag of popcorn per SCENE member and cannot be combined with any other concession offers, combos or promotions.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18729 posts
6751 upvotes
Toronto
I am going to a Cineplex tomorrow and will tell them I am here to get my free popcorn.
Jan 10, 2018
38 posts
24 upvotes
How do you get a SCENE card? Am I too late to get one for today...
I'm actually going to watch a movie today :(
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21915 posts
25252 upvotes
Toronto
fatjaw wrote: How do you get a SCENE card? Am I too late to get one for today...
not too late. they'll email you a temp one to show on your phone. Sign up here
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2107 posts
388 upvotes
fatjaw wrote: How do you get a SCENE card? Am I too late to get one for today...
also, don't forget to download the Timeplay app, and to arrive early to the movie theatre, so you can play against others to win prizes before your movie starts
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1065 posts
455 upvotes
Just came from the Silvercity metrotown they will upgrade to the largest one for another buck. I also asked for butter and paid $2 in all for a large bag when I usually pay over 8. That's a great deal as I always get it full price. Hope they do this yearly.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2949 upvotes
This wasn't advertised in the theatre. A lot of people paying $6.xx for a small popcorn and drink. The only people who did know weren't there for a movie...
Apr 12, 2003
88 posts
44 upvotes
Kelowna
Thanks OP. Just walked in at Kelowna, got my popcorn and walked out.
"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."