• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2017 2:48 am
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario
Quentin5 wrote: I was told that too, at 70% i would consider a washing machine
Why would a big box store sell 90% of their appliances as refurbished, its no wonder Sears is dying, they haven't any brain cells.
The stores closing not all Sears stores are closing. They are only going to sell the floor stock.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32148 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
webshark wrote: The stores closing not all Sears stores are closing. They are only going to sell the floor stock.
The store i speak of is one of the closing stores
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
Quentin5 wrote: I was told that too, at 70% i would consider a washing machine
Why would a big box store sell 90% of their appliances as refurbished, its no wonder Sears is dying, they haven't any brain cells.
Cambridge was an outlet store, not surprised.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32148 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
N8Magic wrote: Cambridge was an outlet store, not surprised.
It is?
Looks like a regular Sears store except the fact there are human customers inside since the closing announcement.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32148 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I know its one of the closing stores (as referenced by my various posts in this thread), i am saying it does not say outlet store on their sign and they seem to carry the same stock as a regular store. If the sales people did not tell you the appliances are refurbished then you would not know, and the sticker prices are not even discounted, all the tags list the regular inflated Sears price for non refurbished appliances then the clearance discount on that which is why i did not buy, they started out with a 20% discount on a regular price on a refurbished item which was more expensive then a sale price on a new item. They expected suckers to pay more for refurbished then new :facepalm:
Only now are the discounts matching what the items are actually worth...
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
Quentin5 wrote: I know its one of the closing stores (as referenced by my various posts in this thread), i am saying it does not say outlet store on their sign and they seem to carry the same stock as a regular store. If the sales people did not tell you the appliances are refurbished then you would not know, and the sticker prices are not even discounted, all the tags list the regular inflated Sears price for non refurbished appliances then the clearance discount on that which is why i did not buy, they started out with a 20% discount on a regular price on a refurbished item which was more expensive then a sale price on a new item. They expected suckers to pay more for refurbished then new :facepalm:
Only now are the discounts matching what the items are actually worth...
It's not an outlet store in the same vein as the dumpy ones in Brampton and Mississauga, but more of a hybrid like The Bay in the same mall. Some outlet stuff, some regular stock.

Anyway, it's not worth arguing about. :)
Feb 16, 2017
42 posts
5 upvotes
Now the deal is now 60 to 80 % and most stuff were home decoration ... 5 days left
I hope It will help you
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32148 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Even at 90% their deals were not great, mostly only the display cases left for sale (some where okay priced though none met my needs)
My favourite was this well priced chair, @ 90% off (it says 90% in red but the glare in the price tag is unfortunately situated)
Images
  • chair.jpg
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32148 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
It does not say the additional stores will close tomorrow but it does not say they don't or give a date.
How crazy can they be, announce closing Saturday and sell all merchandise by Sunday, thats not likely. That said perhaps those stores will just have their merchandise shipped elsewhere.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Quentin5 wrote: It does not say the additional stores will close tomorrow but it does not say they don't or give a date.
How crazy can they be, announce closing Saturday and sell all merchandise by Sunday, thats not likely. That said perhaps those stores will just have their merchandise shipped elsewhere.
Didn't FS just suddenly close? Since they aren't completely closing out, its possible to move inventory if needed or maybe have a massive liquidation @ a specific location (like FS did).
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1176 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough
Paigne wrote: Didn't FS just suddenly close? Since they aren't completely closing out, its possible to move inventory if needed or maybe have a massive liquidation @ a specific location (like FS did).
Was at Scarborough town, mostly shoes and sears clothing on sale. Branded items such as Levi's, Haggar, etc ere all regular sale price as per flyer. Demo appliances had a little price reduction and an over-inflated reg. price, so it seems you were going to get a deal. Anyways the appliances were so badly beat up and parts missing i would even bother wasting time, The bottom floor had appliance but current models at reg prices. There was a section it the store for items to be transferred to another store I'm guessing either Pickering Oshawa since these store are to remain open at least for now.

Anyways i will miss Sears lot. i have purchase a lot of appliances, clothing, tools, garage door openers, etc at Sears. It was usually my first place to go to for hopping amd now its gone due to incompetent Management. If management only would have tried to run the business instead of draining its assets, as well has focusing on their employees espically training and giving them goals for sales achievement, I feels Sears would be in a much better place now. Oh and one more thing if your business is not focused on on line shopping then maybe you should be in bankruptcy (another mgmt decision)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5993 upvotes
Sears is dying by inches soon to join Eatons, BuyWay, Consumers Distributing, Shop Rite, Knob Hill Farms, Sam the Record Man & Bargain Harolds in the retail dust bin of history. They are a victim of the changing pattern of shopping.
The only reason Home Depot and Lowes are safe - who is going to wait a week for a plumbing/electrical part ordered on line? And who is going to buy 2x4's on line?

One company that I detest and wish would die - Crappy Tire.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
plymouthhater wrote: Sears is dying by inches soon to join Eatons, BuyWay...
It wasn't Buy way.

FYI Giant Tiger is doing quite well today, and their stores are formatted similar to the layout of Biway.
Dylex (former owner of BiWay) fell into their own troubles long before the internet could bite into their bottom line...
Last edited by playnicee1 on Oct 2nd, 2017 4:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Swswswish wrote: Liquidation when?
For now, visit the third floor of the Scarborough Town location. Most inventory is 50% off the red sticker. While some items may have been marked up, many sweaters, shirts etc are at a greatly reduced price.
If you are not fussy about colour, you can get a fall jacket for $20, (including the 50% off, plus tax) but you'd be stuck with pumpkin orange or florescent green. (Men's)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!