Sports & Recreation

NBA 2019-2020 - CONGRATS LAKERS / LeBron!!!

Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3800 posts
1865 upvotes
Horrible officiating. The East series (minus Nugget games) has been more fun because they let them play. Lakers get every damn call and then beat their chest. Almost as insufferable as Clippers. Lakers lucky to swap rest between 2 superstars AD and Lebron.

Edit: lakers outplayed them in the 2nd half
Last edited by MyNameWasTaken on Sep 18th, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3354 posts
1362 upvotes
I'm thinking it would be very interesting if the Basketball Gods would recycle a classic L.A. Lakers vs. Boston Celtics for the NBA Finals to a new generation. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8566 posts
2958 upvotes
It appears the Lakers have a free ring now that the Clippers botched the playoffs.
Denver will not win this series unless they pull off another comeback from a 3-1 series deficit miracle.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1901 posts
1817 upvotes
Suprising how well AD is playing considering before this year he barely has any playoff experience.
I guess when he has LBJ backing him up, there is no pressure...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5897 posts
380 upvotes
Calgary
lakers are going to win series... they have so much sheer power and rondo is always good in the playoffs.. would like a classic lakers celtics finals aswell
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
13671 posts
3702 upvotes
Montréal
Ya, didn't like how Murray was saying they don't get enough respect. Who cares? Let what you do on court speak for itself. First real mistake he made.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3267 posts
28298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lots of foul trouble for the Nuggets, and seemed a pace slower than the Lakers. I don't agree with Barkley's 5-game guarantee, i think Denver will bounce back. Hopefully they don't wait until they're 3-1 again. Seems like it was much less close than some people thought. One bad game if you're a Denver fan, something you wanted if you're a Lakers fan. I say there will be at least 6 games and Denver will only will win in a game 7 if it happens...don't like sweeps in the finals. Miami and LA will be alright, but I'm hoping for some NBA drama and somethings to get a little closer. Close final or blowout too. Both teams have to have energy to shine on shot plays with their teams and tactic manager. I liked how the Lakers played hard, but didn't necessarily foul on most of their aggressive plays.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43435 posts
6690 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Dreamrider wrote: Suprising how well AD is playing considering before this year he barely has any playoff experience.
It doesnt look like he ever did particularly bad in the limited playoffs That he’s been in.
It just seems like those teams didnt have a lot of talent.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2221 posts
620 upvotes
Ottawa
I’m really pulling for the Nuggets in the West but watching the Lakers, Lebron just turns into a beast in the playoffs.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8159 posts
2852 upvotes
Mississauga
sg2386 wrote: I’m really pulling for the Nuggets in the West but watching the Lakers, Lebron just turns into a beast in the playoffs.
Indeed. I am team MJ all the way, but can respect people who are team LBJ or team Kobe or any of the other greats as their GOAT.

Buy LeBron has certainly been the best in his era. His only let down season was a season where he was injured (last year).

Outside of that he's been durable for the most part.

The thing with the Lakers is they have been hitting 3-pointers at a fairly high rate these playoffs. They were 21st in the regular season in 3pt fg%, and in the playoffs they're 8th but shooting it 5 percentage points better than regular season.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2221 posts
620 upvotes
Ottawa
kenchau wrote: Indeed. I am team MJ all the way, but can respect people who are team LBJ or team Kobe or any of the other greats as their GOAT.

Buy LeBron has certainly been the best in his era. His only let down season was a season where he was injured (last year).

Outside of that he's been durable for the most part.

The thing with the Lakers is they have been hitting 3-pointers at a fairly high rate these playoffs. They were 21st in the regular season in 3pt fg%, and in the playoffs they're 8th but shooting it 5 percentage points better than regular season.
Yeah the 3 point shooting has been quite the surprise, especially in the Rocket series. Markieff Morris turned into Steph Curry (even last night he was 3/4) and Caldwell-Pope has been deadly behind the 3 point line these playoffs.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1901 posts
1817 upvotes
Just realized Mike Malone is son of Brendan Malone, first head coach of Raptors

Go Nuggets!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5331 posts
2566 upvotes
Global Village
sg2386 wrote: I’m really pulling for the Nuggets in the West but watching the Lakers, Lebron just turns into a beast in the playoffs.
Your only chance right now is to put a good defender with length on him and back that defender with a good blocker when he tries to drive, let him shoot jump shots and hope he misses. Denver has Grant on him who's good but no shot blocker behind him, Malone needs to try using Bol Bol to at least try to have Lebron 2nd guess the drive imo. The catch is Howard, Morris will manhandle Bol Bol.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3800 posts
1865 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: Suprising how well AD is playing considering before this year he barely has any playoff experience.
Hence not surprising.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)